NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd Besta added.

19800706_10155480309459346_7235031052724602294_o.jpg

Nice. What Joker is that?

Finally got Raphael and Don in (thankfully they weren't opened by customs) and wow are these amazing! The only other NECA figure I own is the 1/4 Arkham Origins Batman and frankly I think that's a pretty bad figure, about $50 too expensive and looks like a big toy made for children but these Turtles look like they were made by a Hot Toys or Enterbay and I'm not sure how much they could really improve on what NECA has given us. I would still prefer 1/6th scale figures but to anyone who isn't getting these because of the scale you're missing out on some damn nice figures available for a great price and I think once anyone gets them in hand they'll be very happy with them as well. Hopefully EE ships Leo soon and I can't wait to get Mikey and finish the set off. It took 22 years to get proper figures of the 1990 turtles but these were worth the wait.

27 years no?

It actually does make me feel so old to think the film is 27 years old now. I still remember seeing it in theaters and the excitement of opening the vhs up on Christmas day and watching it hundreds of times over the years.

Yeah, those are pretty bad for the price when you consider what NECA achieved. For starters the head sculpt looks a lot more like the TMNT 2 The Secret of the Ooze shape.

The only thing I really like about them is the chest plate. That's one area I don't think NECA nailed and that's been my opinion since day dot. It's a bit too yellow, not nearly weathered enough (easy enough to fix) and the seams between the six sections are too straight and perfect. They should be more rounded. Really though, that's my only nitpick with these amazing figures.

It actually does make me feel so old to think the film is 27 years old now. I still remember seeing it in theaters and the excitement of opening the vhs up on Christmas day and watching it hundreds of times over the years.
that's exactly what i meant because i understand that feeling. that was a very sad joke.

i'd like to point out that i said this about those statues way before Neca started making theirs :)

Plus those Statues don't have the little dots on the skin like the film. Something Neca did. You would think it would be the opposite considering the price of those Statues.

They're still cool statues though and I had been thinking about getting the set for my Den. Then Neca came.

I saw the original post go up comparing the prime one proto to the in hand. The poster made very clear he did noooot want to hear about the neca figures. Crappy cell phone pic or not NECA has the clear advantage.

Back