NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sorry (not at all, really), but I have a hard time appreciating a 6”, $230 RAT.

These NECA figures? You bet.

I only have three 1/4 scale NECA figs (Penguin, Donnie, & Raph), soon to be six (Catwoman, Leo, & Mikey). I originally wanted all six of these as 1/6 scale versions because I have about fifty 1/6 figures, but these really stand out in my collection at this size. Bravo NECA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry (not at all, really), but I have a hard time appreciating a 6”, $230 RAT.

These NECA figures? You bet.

I wasn't talking about that one specific figure. :lol
Anyway I love these NECA Turtles and the HT figures I do buy. I do agree it's a good thing HT didn't make these.

Hot Toys 1/6 have cheap plastic and cost over $300 for one figure. While Neca Turtles 1/4 have hard plastic and cost $100 for one figure in US and shipping to EU is $160 ( Euro ).

No they don't. 300 for one figure? No, they almost always cost 220+$ You're leaving almost a 100 dollars on the table.

I bought Civil War Cap for 225.
Rogue One Vader for 270
Got Leon Kennedy today for 223 and etc. Most people that claim this 300 dollar price tag don't collect Hot Toys.
My Hulk figure is 17 inches tall, one of the most beautiful sculpts you'll ever see and it barely cost over 300 and HE'S HUGE!

Also, where do you get your cheap plastic? You don't know which one uses inferior plastic, if you do, show me the proof. That's you speculating. I'd about bet Hot Toys has better quality plastic. Considering how many Neca figures I've had over the years break and how many quarter scale Neca figures break, their plastic can be considered cheap and brittle in the joints.
Also, why are you bringing up Hot Toys anyway? Your post comes off so random.
I have these Turtles, love them but I also love my Hot Toys.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

If these were made by HT, they would be close to $600, look exactly the same, and there will be hoards of sheep posting here (and justifying the price, because art bro) instead of the usual 15 dudes that normally do.

It's how bad it's gotten.

MMS 400 (a mother****ing milestone) is an IM repaint, FFS.

The license for Marvel and the 1990's Turtle movie are two completey different beasts. That factors in cost. Also, Hot Toys are made in limited number compared to most other action figures, including Neca, that factors in.

I don't believe a Hot Toys Turtle figure would be 600 but I can't prove it would or wouldn't, both of us can't. However I don't think it would be even close to that. For example the MASSIVE Hot Toys Hulk buster is 824. It dwarfs these turtles, has diecast, lights up, fits an Iron Man figure, has dozens upon dozens of moving Parts. My Hot Toys Hulk cost 320 and he's about 17-inches tall and his sculpt is unbelievable, so again. I don't see each Turtle costing 600 dollars.

There quarter scale Batman is 460. But for that price, you're getting the best sculpt, paint and materials. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-hot-toys-9019251/

Even their quarter scale Iron Man which is 20 inches isn't 600, it's like 544 and has 40 points of articulation, lights up amazing sculpt and etc. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-xliii-hot-toys-902383/

As good as the Neca Turtles are, and I think they're amazing, you get what you pay for at that price. Meaning sloppy paints, wonky eyes, dirty bandannas, broken limbs and etc. Hot Toys has it's problems too but they're quality is much more consistent than Necas. I've never had a problem with Hot Toys and I have dozens. The Turtles, every one I have had a problem. I had to repaint, touch up, take paint off and etc. Look at the one poor soul who had to get 3-4 Raphs before he got one that wasn't messed up and EVEN then it had problems. The torso joint problems alone are enough to give someone a headache. Again, I know Hot Toys has problems too but considering I have dozens of Hot Toys and all 3 of my Turtles had problems, it does leave a bitter taste. I mean I'm 3 for 3 with problems. Even the guy below this post has a problem with his. Note, my problems were problems that people were sending theirs back in droves over but I was lucky that I fixed mine myself. That shouldn't be happening with a 100+ dollar figure. I love Neca... have 100's of them but sometimes they're real pieces of junk.

I collect everything from Hot Toys to Marvel Legends, I have 1000's of toys and in my opinion.. Hot Toys is top notch.

Now for a 100 bucks, these Turtles are an amazing and I wouldn't never compare them to Hot Toys... there is no need too. I can have both.

You talk about us Hot Toys fans like we ran over your dog. HAHA

Do you collect Hot Toys?

Just received Donnie today but somehow the head looks like it's always staring down more.
Tried to twist or turn but there's not much movement that can be done.
Looking at the seam between the head piece and the neck, there's not much room either.
Kinda baffled as my Ralph looks fine.
I have them side by side, if anyone can let me know if my Donatello is normal:
don1.JPG
don2.JPG

First of all, that pic is totally my set up goals for when I can afford a second room apartment to make my own man cave :clap

Second, could you imagine walking in there at night or early morning and seeing the turtles standing there and looking up at you ?

I would be " ****, they can come alive ?! " :rotfl

People were saying they came off like Puppet Masters lol.

Also, yeah buddy, man caves are awesome. I currently have two right now. That's my den and I have one of the spare bed rooms as a man gave too. My wife took another spare bed room and turned into her woman cave or I'd have taken that over too haha. You can see my pics on my Flickr account if you're interested. I took pics of my man caves a few weeks ago. I think it's on the second or third page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95512879@N05/

Just received Donnie today but somehow the head looks like it's always staring down more.
Tried to twist or turn but there's not much movement that can be done.
Looking at the seam between the head piece and the neck, there's not much room either.
Kinda baffled as my Ralph looks fine.
I have them side by side, if anyone can let me know if my Donatello is normal:
View attachment 351288

View attachment 351289

Mine was like that too. I had to put alot of effort to get it to look up but now it does. Also, looks like no giant black marks on the chin! Man, mine was so bad, I had to break out the nail polish remover and repaint parts of it.

There is Hot Toys Hulk back there!

The license for Marvel and the 1990's Turtle movie are two completey different beasts. That factories in cost. Also, Hot Toys are made in limited number compared to most other action figures, including Neca, that factors in.

I don't believe a Hot Toys Turtle figure would be 600 but I can't prove it would or wouldn't, both of us can't. However I don't think it would be even close to that. For example the MASSIVE Hot Toys Hulk buster is 824. It dwarfs these turtles, has diecast, lights up, fits an Iron Man figure, has dozens upon dozens of moving Parts. My Hot Toys Hulk cost 320 and he's about 17-inches tall and his sculpt is unbelievable, so again. I don't see each Turtle costing 600 dollars.

There quarter scale Batman is 460. But for that price, you're getting the best sculpt, paint and materials. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-hot-toys-9019251/

Even their quarter scale Iron Man which is 20 inches isn't 600, it's like 544 and has 40 points of articulation, lights up amazing sculpt and etc. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-xliii-hot-toys-902383/

As good as the Neca Turtles are, and I think they're amazing, you get what you pay for at that price. Meaning sloppy paints, wonky eyes, dirty bandannas, broken limbs and etc. Hot Toys has it's problems too but they're quality is much more consistent than Necas. I've never had a problem with Hot Toys and I have dozens. The Turtles, every one I have had a problem. I had to repaint, touch up, take paint off and etc. Look at the one poor soul who had to get 3-4 Raphs before he got one that wasn't messed up and EVEN then it had problems. The torso joint problems alone are enough to give someone a headache. Again, I know Hot Toys has problems too but considering I have dozens of Hot Toys and all 3 of my Turtles had problems, it does leave a bitter taste. I mean I'm 3 for 3 with problems. Even the guy below this post has a problem with his. Note, my problems were problems that people were sending theirs back in droves over but I was lucky that I fixed mine myself. That shouldn't be happening with a 100+ dollar figure. I love Neca... have 100's of them but sometimes they're real pieces of junk.

I collect everything from Hot Toys to Marvel Legends, I have 1000's of toys and in my opinion.. Hot Toys is top notch.

Now for a 100 bucks, these Turtles are an amazing and I wouldn't never compare them to Hot Toys... there is no need too. I can have both.

You talk about us Hot Toys fans like we ran over your dog. HAHA

Do you collect Hot Toys?

:goodpost:

Don't give him a second thought. He also likes to troll (and constantly gets called out on it) fans of a particular 3rd Party company on a popular Transformers website.

You guys are pissing on each other about what brand of toy you enjoy? Man. The times we live in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

If these were made by HT, they would be close to $600, look exactly the same, and there will be hoards of sheep posting here (and justifying the price, because art bro) instead of the usual 15 dudes that normally do.

It's how bad it's gotten.

MMS 400 (a mother****ing milestone) is an IM repaint, FFS.

I agree. HT stinks, and aside from their recent Resident Evil releases, I haven't bought jack **** from them in some time. They keep pounding MCU up our asses. It's old, and only teenagers maxing out their parent's credit cards can keep up with that ****. Who the **** needs the same mold of Iron Man in several dozen paint schemes is beyond me.

I'm glad we got companies out there like Blitzway going for niche licenses.

Saw Leo at TRU yesterday..so there you go, eventually I'm sure when Mikey releases TRU will have all four in the stores.

I've already seen Don, Raph and now Leo at the stores now

I took some rubbing alcohol to the weird paint flaw on the side of Leonardo's head - there was a distinct line of the black spotting paint running parallel with the banana. I certainly reduced that line but alas now some of his scales are standing out too much. Frustrating. I can't seem to win here.

Back