NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna try for a one with a half smile and the other with the evil superman angry look since I have two. I really want to get two more of these so I will go by FrankNSons tomorrow.

@Libby - I also want to try your idea of doll eyes but I also don't know if that size is correct.

did the trunks and belt upgrade and wired the cape ,and a couple of comparison pics with hot toys supes

20151213_132636_zps09vl1ixr.jpg

20151213_132730_zpselnnkq44.jpg
20151213_132909_zpsuy5enz3i.jpg
20151213_132919_zpsgjutrcjp.jpg

I have both and agree with you

Libby's suit is epic

I did have both but i ended up selling the ht version. Its a lovely figure but i dont miss it which is saying something.

The funny thing was, when I did a video on this and put it next to the ht supes and said I thought this was better, I had the hottoy fan boys thumbing me down lol.

I did have both but i ended up selling the ht version. Its a lovely figure but i dont miss it which is saying something.

The funny thing was, when I did a video on this and put it next to the ht supes and said I thought this was better, I had the hottoy fan boys thumbing me down lol.
hot toy version head sculpt isn't perfect either
And the ht body is too v tapered, reeve had a wide waist which the neca version picks up well

Hi! I'm also starting my custom Reeve! thanks to the advice of Libby and after seeing Booshman painting, I started today with face painting, it's not difficult!

4ZSPR03.jpg

The hot toys man of steel base is soo perfect for this figure. I don't use the clamp but I use a thin red wire to secure the figure to the flexible rod.

I wonder if I should make a thread in the customized area for this? Anyway, here's an update on my Reeve head, After making a make-shift mold, I made a copy of the neca head and made some changes. I altered the brow area and lessened the intensity on the eyebrows, so he doesn't look so angry. I tweaked the edges of the lips to give him a slight smile. I changed the cheek on one side and lifted the edges of both cheeks.

Picture20024_zpsqcx9ijap.jpg

I will make this one bald, mold and cast into silicone. I want to experiment with hair punching; I've never done it before. Then I want to buy some doll eyes and I wonder if I put them into the mold where the eyes are and pour my silicone, if that will work. Then I'll make two more copies of the original Neca and make a smiling one and angry one with the original hair sculpt.

I wonder if I should make a thread in the customized area for this? Anyway, here's an update on my Reeve head, After making a make-shift mold, I made a copy of the neca head and made some changes. I altered the brow area and lessened the intensity on the eyebrows, so he doesn't look so angry. I tweaked the edges of the lips to give him a slight smile. I changed the cheek on one side and lifted the edges of both cheeks.

View attachment 229802

I will make this one bald, mold and cast into silicone. I want to experiment with hair punching; I've never done it before. Then I want to buy some doll eyes and I wonder if I put them into the mold where the eyes are and pour my silicone, if that will work. Then I'll make two more copies of the original Neca and make a smiling one and angry one with the original hair sculpt.

That looks great so far . Will you be doing a run on this ? id def be interested.... :)

Sorry, since this is not wholly my original sculpt, I don't plan on selling any copies. It'll depend on how much changes I create on the expressions or alterations I do on the original product.

If you got the kotobukiya superman for tomorrow.base works too
6c0307b39cd551483a86016817835f06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Back