My WIP 1/1 scale Bob Causey Joker bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lforigno

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone well as many of you may know I have sold off my entire collection to fund what will become my grail of collectables. I have been working on the outfit with help from reference photos as well as some board members from SHH and magnoli clothiers. I have everything except for the blazer which should be here within the next couple of weeks. I am also replacing the first 2 buttons on the vest with the ones he had used after the interrogation. Here is some reference photos I used:
052.jpg

jokerbutton2.jpg

here is my buttons I purchased, I still need to finish weathering the coin button and I need to paint the flower button a glossy white.
IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

and here is my outfit thus far, I plan on weathering the coat this weekend with some white and brown fabric paint as well as some india ink from the advice of someone who has done the same to their own and turned out great.
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

All of the clothes were bought from magnoli clothiers except for the tie which is the same tie produced for the film by turnbull and asser, which I dyed to give it the look it had in the film. Let me know what you guys think thus far.

ok, Ill take both... The mercury was the one I wanted but having the flower Joker button on my Jeans is cool too. :lol

Thanks!

When will you put the clothes on your bust? Any chance we see you wearing them before? :lol

Edit, just saw you already altered the coat.

I actually got a discount from magnoli for the clothes for the bust since he would not have to use all of the material so everything altered is by him. The bust will not be done for a couple months but I am still waiting on the blazer with the same liner and will be posting some more pics this weekend after they are weathered.

Easily going to be one of, if not the best TDK Joker collectible around.

Def going to upgrade my costume to the magnolia gear soon too.

Thanks alot buddy I sure hope so. Plus Bob Causey is working on a new meaner looking head which I will be using and is gonna be sick.

I weathered the outfit some today with some india ink and some white and brown fabric paint. I am also getting new buttons for the coat because the ones on the coat are not accurate. I weathered it based on these photos:
l_468569_14b1e4de.jpg

23856.jpg

thedarkknight760c8222jb7.jpg

and here is what I have done so far. It turned out great, I still need to iron it so that the weathering sets in and then add the buttons to the purple overcoat and vest as well as get the blazer.
IMG_0455.jpg

mááán that ^^^^ looks SICK! Almost a shame you're not doing him in full!

Thanks man. I seriously considered it but with the accurate 6'1 mannequin and full clothing and shoes along with space and a acrylic cylander I was looking at another 2 grand. I figured I could do the most authentic looking bust out there with help from bobbyC and a custom made table/display and would be better for display purposes.

looking great so far, so is Bob just doing a head for you, and then your putting it on a mannequin? I can imagine how much this project will prolly cost you :horror

looking great so far, so is Bob just doing a head for you, and then your putting it on a mannequin? I can imagine how much this project will prolly cost you :horror

thanks guys.... Bob is making the bust with head for me, I cannot afford a full 1/1 heath ledger joker.

I did a little more today. I think the coat may be done. I might add a little more india ink to the coat to give it a stain effect in some parts but I am not adding any more fabric paint. Also I got these buttons to put on the coat:
35954-BKEBjpgfpx.jpg

you can see the buttons from the pic:
000hgq0dar7.jpg

here is a pic of what I did today:
IMG_0461.jpg

thanks alot guys. Here is something I got in the mail today and it turned out great. It is a metal plaque mounted on a acrylic display stand. I thought it would be a cool museum style touch.
IMG_0487.jpg

excuse my fingerprints on it as I have not cleaned it off yet.

Back