My Strange Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mysterious Stranger

Freakalicious
Reaction score
We just recently moved into our first home and I finally got the room to display a lot of my 1/6 collection. The house we bought had these great built in shelves in one of the bedrooms (which we are using as our hobby room). Here is what I have displayed so far. Mostly Sideshow G.I. Joe and Hot Toys Marvel figures with some customs mixed in.

I've had the SSC Cobra Throne on display in one of my Detolfs but it wouldn't fit with the base. So in the new room it gets a top shelf with the SDCC Cobra Commander and my 3 Crimson Guardsmen.
ShelfCobraCrimson_zpsb51b48c8.jpg

I don't have much of an affinity for the desert themed troops but somehow managed to collect and customize enough to make this display. I have to admit, it looks really cool on the shelf and is one of my favorite scenes that I've set up.
ShelfGIJoeDesert2_zpse060df34.jpg

ShelfGIJoeDesert1_zpsfc707cd3.jpg

The SSC Jungle diorama is my latest dio piece that I've acquired and while it doesn't fit perfectly on the shelf (the base hangs over about 1/4 inch) it looks pretty good. The Jungle Vipers and Skullbuster are customs I bashed together.
JungleVipers_zps34936591.jpg

My Cobra Urban display with Firefly. I'll be adding Major Bludd to this display this weekend. Got him last week but haven't had a chance to open him up yet.
CobraUrbanVipers_zps2c718fc8.jpg

Cobra Commander and the Cobra Infantry. I'd like to get another regular Cobra Trooper but the extra Vipers round out the display nicely for now.
ShelfCobraBlue_zpsd8da52c1.jpg

My G.I. Joe PIT shelf with custom Beachhead and Sparks in the background.
ShelfGIJoePIT_zps56027479.jpg

My G.I. Joe shelves.
ShelfGIJoe1_zps4410769d.jpg

Joesshelf2_zps6031ad12.jpg

Custom Joes including Chuckles and v.1 Hawk.
GIJoeCustoms_zps9b5a8d17.jpg

And Cobra Ninjas.
CobraNinjasshelf1_zps63178440.jpg

And Zartan.
ZartanandNinjas_zps9935662e.jpg

Utapau Clone Troopers. I have 2 of the original 212th (1 exclusive), the Boil and Waxer set, an Airborne and Commander Cody on this shelf.
ShelfSW212th_zps2ef5c41d.jpg

My Obi-wan Kenobi figures and the new SSC Yoda.
KenobisandYoda_zpsd6b048ab.jpg

My single Detolf has a few pieces that don't really fit anywhere else in my display right now.

Grand Admiral Thrawn and his command chair.
DetolfThrawn_zpsbdc87790.jpg

Hot Toys Superman.
DetolfSuperman_zpsf38a8f01.jpg

Hot Toys X3 Wolverine.
DetolfWolverine_zps81b7e997.jpg

And Rescue Captain America on his soon to be, maybe at some point customized motorcycle.
DetolfRescueCap_zpsd989b21c.jpg

Speaking of Avengers...

My Asgardian shelf with a civilian Thor in the background. I like Loki better here than with the Avengers.
ShelfAsgard_zps1583de5b.jpg

Tony Stark's workshop. I realized after getting the IM3 Stark that I'm going to need a much bigger display cabinet/room for all of the Iron Man stuff I have. But this will do for now.
IronManworkshop_zps1e533e22.jpg

S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier command deck. I picked up a second G.I. Joe PIT diorama with some Sideshow points with the intention of using it for a helicarrier command center. I think I want to paint it up in a dark gray color scheme but for now it works. Also the IM Hall of Armor is one of the 3rd party sets that are available on ebay.
SHIELD_zpscf10bc7c.jpg

And the Avengers with Hulk who is too big to fit on a regular shelf so they get the top shelf next to the Cobra Throne.
TheAvengers_zpsae301467.jpg

Finally my "Batcave" display with the Arms Depot armory and my custom Gordon with the PIRP clothing set. The Batsuit is the DX12 figure with the Arms Depot empty mask painted flat black to reduce the shine. This is the cheaper of the 2 armories out there but I'm happy with it. I just need a couple pieces to fill in the holes on the back wall.
DarkKnightcase_zps82d6164f.jpg

Not displayed because I don't have room for them are:

Iron Monger
IM Mark I
IM Mark IV
IM Mark V
IM Mark VI
IM War Machine
IM War Machine special edition
Whiplash

which will probably go in their own display cabinet when the Hot Toys Hall of Armor arrives. My Retaliation Joes will get photographed this weekend as I just added Joe Colton to the shelf. I also have some customs on a couple shelves that I haven't photographed yet as I'm still tweaking a few of them.

I need to get some lighting for the shelves and Detolf but that's a project for later down the road.

Very nice collection from your name you played knights of the old republic a lot Mysterious stranger. Loved that fight challenge part in the game ,ha ha again nice collection congrats on new home. :duff

How are keeping the dust off all the figures not in the detolf? The collection looks great man

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Added a few figures to the shelves and shot a couple photos of how the built in shelves fit in the room.

Sideshow Major Bludd arrived and found his new home on my Cobra Urban shelf.
CobraUrbanShelf10-5-13_zps3ed55a7b.jpg

Keeping in the G.I. Joe theme is my Retaliation shelf with Storm Shadow, Joe Colton and Snake-eyes. Can't wait for Roadblock to arrive.
Retaliationshelf_zps676e3fad.jpg

Dug out my Pepper Potts figure and added her to the S.H.I.E.L.D. shelf next to Tony. Pepper is the ZCToys Peyton head and clothing on a Triad small bust body. I'll be upgrading her to the Kumik head as soon as I budget the funds for it.
SHIELDshelf10-5-13_zps0ba2687f.jpg

Added Bruce Wayne to the Dark Knight shelf. He appears to be presenting the Batsuit to someone, but who?
Batmanshelf10-5-13_zpsfdc151d9.jpg

Captain America shelf with both "versions" of Red Skull. I have a civilian Steve Rogers all worked up just waiting on a head.
CaptainAmericashelf_zpse7c96977.jpg

And a couple shots of the built in shelves along the ceiling of our hobby room. The shelves are adjustable and make for some great displays. I need to decide how I want to light them and then figure out how to do it.
Builtinshelves1_zps9cdb8f6d.jpg

Builtinshelves2_zps9fd70deb.jpg

Great Score on Major Bludd my Friend Strange, Quick question, the glass and metal shelf in you pic's who makes that?, Excellent Post

Great Score on Major Bludd my Friend Strange, Quick question, the glass and metal shelf in you pic's who makes that?, Excellent Post

The glass and metal shelves that the Cobra Throne and other dioramas are on are from Ikea. I can't recall the name of them as we got them about 5 years ago but they came from Ikea. They are customizable so you can get whatever configuration you want. We have this set which is 3 shelves by 2 shelves and another in our living room that is 5 by 2.

The glass and metal shelves that the Cobra Throne and other dioramas are on are from Ikea. I can't recall the name of them as we got them about 5 years ago but they came from Ikea. They are customizable so you can get whatever configuration you want. We have this set which is 3 shelves by 2 shelves and another in our living room that is 5 by 2.

Thanks for the reply, I will have to check to see if they still carry them, I have a IKEA 10 min from my house

Back