my new Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. If an artist decides he doesn't want to do any more (Why someone would do this I will never know).. and someone makes a cast to sell. Guess what? It's gonna sell. And the people who buy it are not at fault.

They are just getting something they wanted in the first place, but the artist didn't fill the demand.

As an artist, I say... Sell until they don't want it anymore. And once that happens, it doesn't really matter if there are recasts. Something being limited just to be limited is crap IMO. IF you make it, and it's good work... Share it with the world, don't keep it to yourself or only 5 people who got lucky.

Totally disagree with you.

Yep. If an artist decides he doesn't want to do any more (Why someone would do this I will never know).. and someone makes a cast to sell. Guess what? It's gonna sell. And the people who buy it are not at fault.

They are just getting something they wanted in the first place, but the artist didn't fill the demand.

As an artist, I say... Sell until they don't want it anymore. And once that happens, it doesn't really matter if there are recasts. Something being limited just to be limited is crap IMO. IF you make it, and it's good work... Share it with the world, don't keep it to yourself or only 5 people who got lucky.

LOL this is the true dark side of DA :emperor

I have to disagree on this one too...
So basically what you said means that... when Les resculpted C. Reeve superman head to sell in the first place as a Limited run... and sold out... theres a period of time Les deny to offering it.... So it is not wrong for someone who did pick one up from Les in the first place then he/she jumped in and start recasting it to sell?

Hmm.......

I'm in the middle on this. I don't want to buy a recast hs that was made as a custom or limited run from C.Howes or Soverign or the like. But I have bought recast of "out of print" from large companies like a Will Smith sculpt or A.banderos sculpt. A large company like Hasbro is not losing out of $ but it could effect future sells from Les, Hero Heads or C.Howes on their customs.

Now say if I was talking to someone through Pm's or something and they had bought a HS from HeroHeads and modified it to fit a purpose and then offered me a cast just asking me to cover the cost. That I don't have an issue with.
But buying Lonnies sculpt and casting them to sell on Ebay i.e Driver4 is not ok.

This is how i look at it ... If you want to completely avoid been labled as a RECASTER.... just modify the head sculpt a bit before you make a cast...(in a hurry? sand some crap off if you have to) as long as it's different to the original head you wont get pin for it.

Adding few fringes of hair and give it a paint job ... people started calling the head sculpt is which ever customiser's own work.... the original sculptor who did the hard work? the name started to fade... :rolleyes:

:monkey5 You are welcome man, He will answer you inmediatly, i bought my Connery head from them, they ship FAST, really fast. Will make Henry JOnes Sr. in a couple of weeks.

Why so serious? :lol

SAl

Make sure you tell Lonnie you want to order the Older Style Indy hat if you want the one pictured. :whip

Xeno I asked him about it a few months ago and he said it had been retired. :(

I agree I ordered three of the new heads when they were anounce and I still havent painted even one of them. As for the new hat, It is a little too big (IMHO) and it doesn't even come close to fitting on most heads except for the new Indy.

Well, i´ve got a pic of the new version, and i don´t like it, looks like a cartoonish version of Dr. Jones.... judge for yourselves...

By spv11

He looks more like Indi´s stund double... or am i wrong?

The hat kind of looks cool.

By spv11

If there weren´t any medicom or Sideshows Indis, i guess this head would look ok.

SAl

Back