my new Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMACORD, you are right. I give you that. Definately , but i din´t know this was a recast, i bought this several months back. So i´m very upset with you because i opened this post just to show fellow members my figure, and you start saying is trash. I call THAT rude in my book. And i only send you ONE pm, so why do you say "stop sending me rude messages" why the plural???????

SAl

Last edited:
Recasts are recast , no exception.
It is wrong, plain and simple.

Only buy an original, and if you you can not find one, so be it.

It doesn't show any respect for the artist.

With all due respect that's just your opinion, and it's pretty extreme.

I consider anyone who does custom work an artist, myself included. I've even drastically modified a few sculpts in my time, and considering I've never sold them I would actually be quite honored to see casts floating around of them.

With all due respect that's just your opinion, and it's pretty extreme.

I consider anyone who does custom work an artist, myself included. I've even drastically modified a few sculpts in my time, and considering I've never sold them I would actually be quite honored to see casts floating around of them.

I don't think it's extreme. In fact, I'm willing to bet the vast majority of collectors on this form feel the same way about supporting recasting.

Recasting is wrong for sure, especially by people like Diver4. But if someone buys one, without knowing... I don't think they should be faulted for it. Or if they buy something that cannot be found, even by the original artist... I don't see a problem with it.

I just hate that people out there recast and sell these things.... Something just wrong about that.

Recasting is wrong for sure, especially by people like Diver4. But if someone buys one, without knowing... I don't think they should be faulted for it. Or if they buy something that cannot be found, even by the original artist... I don't see a problem with it.

I just hate that people out there recast and sell these things.... Something just wrong about that.

So if an artist only releases a limited run (of let say 20 pieces), you don't see a problem buying a recast of his no longer available work?
Or did I misunderstood what you said in your previous post?

AMACORD, you are right. I give you that. Definately , but i din´t know this was a recast, i bought this several months back. So i´m very upset with you because i opened this post just to show fellow members my figure, and you start saying is trash. I call THAT rude in my book. And i only send you ONE pm, so why do you say "stop sending me rude messages" why the plural???????

SAl

Yes, I say it again without wanting to hurt your feelings : recasts are trash.

And maybe it is better to adress your issues to mister Arnie Kim, I am sure he will understand.

Yeah, nice custom man.

lol at the anger towards the recasted head. Some of you guys take this stuff waaaaaaay too seriously.

Thanks guys, i´m not selling this , i have it just for fun. I´m sorry it was a recast. Who would have thought. I have it on my display and i just bought the 2 whips from sideshow, and the mask gas bag (because i think Hasbro´s is WAAAAAY to big)

I´ll try to replace the belt because Hasbro´s is horrible, i hate it, the pistol holtler falls every time, and when i try to put it on, afther an hour of strugling with it, the belt opens and it´s a pain to put back on!

LAter will buy Relic´s HUnter shirt , and boots .

Thanks guys for your kind words, i will upload more pics later.

SAl

So if an artist only releases a limited run (of let say 20 pieces), you don't see a problem buying a recast of his no longer available work?
Or did I misunderstood what you said in your previous post?

Yep. If an artist decides he doesn't want to do any more (Why someone would do this I will never know).. and someone makes a cast to sell. Guess what? It's gonna sell. And the people who buy it are not at fault.

They are just getting something they wanted in the first place, but the artist didn't fill the demand.

As an artist, I say... Sell until they don't want it anymore. And once that happens, it doesn't really matter if there are recasts. Something being limited just to be limited is crap IMO. IF you make it, and it's good work... Share it with the world, don't keep it to yourself or only 5 people who got lucky.

Yep. If an artist decides he doesn't want to do any more (Why someone would do this I will never know).. and someone makes a cast to sell. Guess what? It's gonna sell. And the people who buy it are not at fault.

They are just getting something they wanted in the first place, but the artist didn't fill the demand.

As an artist, I say... Sell until they don't want it anymore. And once that happens, it doesn't really matter if there are recasts. Something being limited just to be limited is crap IMO. IF you make it, and it's good work... Share it with the world, don't keep it to yourself or only 5 people who got lucky.

So Sideshow should just have an open ES on all their products and also allow the factories over their to continue to reproduce their statues without their consent and then sell them as well to collectors who couldn't get an original for as cheap?

Back