My idea for a third batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, Nolan and Warner Bros, do not heed the puerile suggestions of some members here (bringing back the Joker for another film? That's a surefire way to ruin the franchise :cuckoo:). Just keep the story grounded in reality, make it credible and politically relevant and it will garner critical and commercial success. :lecture

That's up to Nolan to bring back Joker, not WB. I don't think recasting would ruin the franchise. Recasts are common in films and while hard to look past, they never really are the direct reason a sequel is bad. It's the change in writers/directors/producers that usually accompany the recasts that change the franchise. There was already one recast in this franchise, I'm sure Nolan's not ruling out anymore if he has to in order to tell the story he wants to tell.

Now I know you'll argue that Ledger's performance was academy award winning and iconic and no one could follow in his footsteps. Yeah, that might be true. But I know Nolan wouldn't cast someone he didn't think was up for the part. He never makes sequels unless he feels they're a better film than the previous one. I'm sure he wouldn't recast someone he didn't think could be as amazing as Ledger.

Bane...

no its not...

Blackmask

no its not...

:goodpost:
borat_not.jpg

well I'm not pitching this for the 3rd installment but I just had to bounce this off some of you guys & see what you think. His name is Christpher Egan & he's in this new chick flick called Letters to Julie. also I have no real knowledge of his acting talent, but his uncanny resembalance to the late Heath Ledger is remarkable!

www.imdb.com/media/rm1444448768/nm0250659

How would you guys feel about Egan filling the role of Joker in the 5th Dark Knight installment (assuming TDK survives the next 2 films). I really want Nolan to revisit the Joker's story line befor he's done with Batman.

If Nolan feels it necessary to have the Joker in his next Dark Knight installment Joseph Gorden-Levitt could play the Joker. If you're looking for someone that resembles Heath Ledger and has acting ability...he's the man.

Sorry to say... but that "kid" looks like a "fluffer" at best. :slap

And with JGL being in Nolan's Inception film, it isn't a far fetched idea either. I mean, how many times has he used Michael Caine and Christian Bale now? He and Tim Burton get and actor they like and stick with them I guess :lol

I like JGL but I really don't think he has that range or acting chops to tackle the role and do it justice. Could he play the Joker? Possibly. Could he do it well? Maybe. Could he do it AS good as Heath or COUGH, better? No chance in hell. I'm not saying, they shouldn't get another actor just because he can't do it better than Heath (well, I am, actually), but rather what I mean is that - I can literally not think of anyone at all, who could do the CHARACTER justice. Heath and TDK took the Joker as a fictional character to another level, which is imvho, oh so perfect and just unbeatable. We don't need to see the same thing again, so it would just be duddy getting the same thing and an 'as good' or 'also starred' type of performance. And I don't think it can physically be bettered, so they shouldn't even bother trying. The only guise of the Joker I want to see portrayed in addition, is Arkham Asylum/Batman Video Game style Joker and that ain't going to be in a Nolan film.

And with JGL being in Nolan's Inception film, it isn't a far fetched idea either. I mean, how many times has he used Michael Caine and Christian Bale now? He and Tim Burton get and actor they like and stick with them I guess :lol

Michael Caine in particular. He's gonna be in Inception you know! Cillian Murphy and Ken Watanbe as well :)

I had no idea JGL is in Inception. Kind of makes perfect sense, especially IF Nolan wanted a Joker "option" in the next Dark Knight installment.

well I'm not pitching this for the 3rd installment but I just had to bounce this off some of you guys & see what you think. His name is Christpher Egan & he's in this new chick flick called Letters to Julie. also I have no real knowledge of his acting talent, but his uncanny resembalance to the late Heath Ledger is remarkable!

www.imdb.com/media/rm1444448768/nm0250659

How would you guys feel about Egan filling the role of Joker in the 5th Dark Knight installment (assuming TDK survives the next 2 films). I really want Nolan to revisit the Joker's story line befor he's done with Batman.

I used to know Chris! He lived around the corner from my cousin and my aunty and his mum were friends, we used to go to the local park and play soccer (football) while the women had coffees :lol He's an o k actor, looks a little less like Heath in the flesh.

This should be in the Movies & TV Show discussion thread...aint a damn thing about figures in this post !

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has the closest likeness to Heath.

Irrelevant anyway, NO Joker for the third film please!!

i agree that joseph gordon-levitt looks freakishly like heath ledger, but i still want a joker in the next movie, even if he's not the main villain. joker is batman's foil, and will always be his number one arch enemy. joker always comes back for batman in every comic or tv series, so why cant he come back in the movie series? batman needs joker, and joker needs batman.

^ Not every issue of "Batman" features Joker. Therefore one could argue he doesn't have to appear in every movie either. This is especially true for film because you only have so many entries into a series. I'd personally like to see Nolan do something with some other characters. He nailed Joker and unless the character is necessary for the story, I say let him be. I'm sure he'll be referenced. He, like Batman, forever changed Gotham. Batman and Gordon will still be picking up the pieces in TDK. New villains will arise that are freaks just like Joker.

Senseless ramblings over. For now.

^ Not every issue of "Batman" features Joker. Therefore one could argue he doesn't have to appear in every movie either.

this is true, but he was in a lot. i dont want joker to be the main bad guy again, it'd be too similar. i want new villains, and a short joker cameo (like breaking out of arkham at the end or something idk) but i think that the 3rd movie needs at the very least a reference to the joker, and hopefully a nice cameo. but i really hope he's not the main villain.

Please, WB and Nolan, please don't cast another Joker or you'll forever taint the status of 'The Dark Knight'. :monkey2

i agree that joseph gordon-levitt looks freakishly like heath ledger, but i still want a joker in the next movie, even if he's not the main villain. joker is batman's foil, and will always be his number one arch enemy. joker always comes back for batman in every comic or tv series, so why cant he come back in the movie series? batman needs joker, and joker needs batman.

Honestly I have to admit I agree with you. I did not feel like that in the beginning and I am as big as a heath ledger joker fan as anyone with myself being committed to working with Bob Causey on the 1/3 scale joker and it taking much of my time. That being said it is not a deal breaker for me, but the Joker should be in the next movie IF and ONLY IF Nolan originally had the idea for the joker to be in the third film. Now we all read rumors that he was supposed to be but we will never know for sure. I do think that if he wanted to originally use the joker for another film than he has my support. Do I think that Heaths Joker can be topped? No, but that being said he is an integrital part to Batman and my number 1 villain since I have been a child.

With all of that being said I will tell you that there is no way Harley Quinn will be apart of the film. She was a character created for the animated series and although the series last an impression on me as a child there is no way the Nolans or goyer would allow her to make it in the film.

Last edited:
Honestly I have to admit I agree with you. I did not feel like that in the beginning and I am as big as a heath ledger joker fan as anyone with myself being committed to working with Bob Causey on the 1/3 scale joker and it taking much of my time. That being said it is not a deal breaker for me, but the Joker should be in the next movie IF and ONLY IF Nolan originally had the idea for the joker to be in the third film. Now we all read rumors that he was supposed to be but we will never know for sure. I do think that if he wanted to originally use the joker for another film than he has my support. Do I think that Heaths Joker can be topped? No, but that being said he is an integrital part to Batman and my number 1 villain since I have been a child.

:exactly::goodpost:
i couldn't agree anymore. but, again, i dont want joker to be the main villain. i, too, want a new villain to be introduced, but i still want joker to somehow be in it, maybe even as the mastermind behind the new villains plan or whatever.

oh, and stfu celticp. :mad::gah:

Back