My darn nephew....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good way to avoid this kind of thing might be to treat your nephew like a valued family member and even a friend, rather than a criminal.

I have 4 nephews between the ages of 3 and 7, and they have never been a problem around my collectibles. I make them a part of expecting and opening new pieces and give them some small pieces for their own. They've turned into appreciative, responsible, and even savvy little collectible experts.

The only people I have to worry about are the adults who come over and start grabbing things off shelves like fools.

I also find the impulse to get into a pissing match and taking or breaking things that belong to a 5-year old very disturbing. Way to set an example.

I broke a Dumdledore bust with my FX saber. You'd almost think MR made them as antagonists to other collectibles so people would have to buy replacements for everything broken by an FX saber.

There's kids (you've all been one yourself I hope :rolleyes: ),and kids play around and break stuff. Sad but true :p ....
Not much you can do about it, but if it were my kid that did it, I'd offer to pay for the damages. I trust your brother/sister didn't?

Mithrandier said:
Even though a toy is different from a collectible.................toy are dear to children.................take one a his toy out into the driveway..............place it right behind your tire, make sure the toy will not pop the tire...................back over it, pull back over it..............do this a couple a times and then stop right on top of it...............maybe he will get the message..............

Geesh, I hope you are kidding. He is 5, not like he knows the difference between an expensive collectable and a cheap toy. If you really do react like that I would hate to be a kid in your house.

Back