My Custom Highlander figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also did some more work on my Lakota Duncan - specifically I worked on the spear. I think it came out ok. The feathers are real.

Just saw this on the BBICN website. I guess that's one interpretation of the Kurgan.

6760.jpg

Another update!

This time I've created a verison of the character that we never saw on screen exactly. But based on the Methos Chronicles, here is my representation of:

The Pharaoh Methos

A pretty simple kitbash, but took a while to gather all the elements. I still need to find a 1/6 scale sceptor and whip, but haven't been able to yet.

Thanks!

It's all from available parts. It took a LOT of searching around, but I was finally able to find something that I thought both worked and was relatively inexpensive.

Most of the pieces came from a Prince of Egypt Moses figure. The headdress I got off another basic figure. It's funny, you can buy the headdress separate, but I actually got it cheaper by buying another figure that had it. The sandals are roman.

Here's the latest addition to the Immortal Pantheon.

Darius

Took a while to find a monk's robe, but found a great one. Then some more time and searching for the right head. With Yanouli's help, I found one that I think works really well. Not sure the pictures do it justice, but in person the head really strikes me as being as close to Werner Stocker as we can get for now.

He came out great.

You'll have to send me a list of all the sites you visit for clothes and accessories etc., you keep findinding stuff in 1/6 scale that i've never seen before.

I'll do that. It's taken a LONG time and lot of searching and holding out til I find the right stuff. :)

And here's just a follow up on one of the others. I finally found the perfect throne for my Pharoah Methos!

Here are a few others that I did more as just playing around.

Kung-Fu Duncan

And here is one that I did sort of incorrectly. I was trying to create a Captain Connor figure. I thought for some reason that he was a captain (like of the Rosemary) during the 1700s, so I was gathering clothes like that. But then I actually bothered to look it up, and it's really the 1850s, to the clothes I had weren't accurate.

Still, I thought he looked kinda cool in these rags, so I figured what the hell, I'll leave it like that for now.

Moving this to the main thread.

So here's my latest creation:

WWII Soviet Kurgan

I was trying to wait until I got the head painted to show this figure, but the painter I was using is on hiatus (perhaps for good), so I figured I'd just go with it. I did go ahead and paint the hair and toss on some black eyes just give some semblence of life to it.

The head is not the Sideshow one, but an alternate I found. It came bald, however, so I had to add the hair myself using sculpy (my first experience with the stuff). I think it came out alright, and gave me to confidence to try and do something similar to a Connor head to get a slick hair look for a WWII or Endgame Connor.

As for the uniform, it took me a while to track down the perfect set. The Kurgan was shown being in the Soviet military in the Coldest War comic arc, but the uniform they used wasn't authentic. So I found an authentic version to give it some more believabilty. I found a better belt and added a sling/frog to hold the broadsword. I also used 2 different hats, one an officer's cap and the other the wool one.

Hope you guys like it!

Outstanding work Texlander on your custom Ramirez figure! I love it! I want to make one myself someday. I have all of the Sideshow Toys Highlander figures except the "modern" Kurgan. I have Kurgan's severed head from the exclusive modern Connor McLeod figure. I have thought about making a Kurgan figure with that head sculpt. But I've always wanted a Ramirez. Would you be making any more of his outfits for sale? Please let me know. Thanks! :wave

Thanks, JediMike! I appreciate it.

The SSC Modern Kurgans are crazy expensive nowadays, so that might be a tough one to get. I've actually been using the Kurgan (and Connor) head from Lonnie at H2 Creative. I actually like his Kurgan sculpt better than the SSC one. That's his on the WWII Kurgan above, though I added sculpted hair and have since had it painted.

I've actually done a few more Kurgans as well as several other figures. I just haven't posted any pics since no one ever seemed really interested in my figures.

As for Ramirez, thanks again for the compliments! I was really happy with how he came out. I'd like to have a better sculpt, but I'm very happy overall.

I hadn't really considered making any more outfits. Given the amount of time and work that went into it the first time around, to make another I'd probably have to charge a pretty penny, which I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable doing (as I've never done that before).

I know Spencer was planning to do a Ramirez figure, but he's charging what I consider far, far too much (though it is a nice figure) and last I heard no one who had paid ever received theirs, so not sure what's going on with that.

I tried that already. Spencer refuses to sell the headsculpt apart from the full figure.

I don't really understand that, since I know several people who would buy that head outright in a heartbeat.

The reason behind not selling the head separately is that it’s something unique for the individuals who have bought my Ramirez full figure.

Back