My crazy uncle doesn't want to me to have a collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predatormaniac88

Super Freak
Reaction score
I probably am the only person in world that has this kind of uncle, he walked in my room today and said that I have to box up all my figures and store them away and that I'm not a little kid anymore, I don't even play with my collection I just display them there is difference, I'm 23 years old I should be able to do what the hell I want in my own room, my uncle has dead deer corpses in his house no one complains about that, but I can't even display figures from my favorites movies and video games? idk this just makes me angry, he has yet see to see my 1/6 scale figure collection which I'm making sure he never does cause if he even thinks about telling me to put those figures in storage or get rid of them, then all hell will break loose, thanks for hearing me out I hope no one else has to go through what I am going through right now:(

Last edited:
Simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

My sister would occasionally make comments on how my collection is a waste of myoney and all the holidays and stuff i could use the money on instead, but for the most part she'll feign interest which is nice

I think the real question is why are you living with your uncle at 23? Not trying to sound like an ass but dont you think itd be nice to have your own place?

It's your uncle's place. He can tell you whatever the hell he likes and you gots to bend over and take it like a dog :lol

Sorry man, but :lol....

....:rotfl oh boy, just a minute while I :lol... catch my :rotfl ...breath...

...as I was :lol sayin'.... :rotfl...

...it's his place. You don't want noone telling you how to live in your own goddam home, then you gots to get your own goddam home :dunno

If you pay rent, I think you should have some say about displaying your collectibles in your room, otherwise you are pretty much SOL.

Apparently, his parents must've asked his uncle to take care of the issue. :lol

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4323889&postcount=185

He is kind of begging for it... it's not even a matter of living under his uncle's roof (though that really shouldn't be a problem). I'm young and love collecting just as much as the next guy (and I might as well call it an addiction, since I thought I'd either stop by the time college was near or I'd only buy a few pieces -- that hasn't happened nor will it), but I can't imagine anyone lacking discipline to the point where they'd steal from other people to get their 'fix'.

I guess it's true what they say: Hot Toys figures really are plastic crack. :lol

I probably am the only person in world that has this kind of uncle, he walked in my room today and said that I have to box up all my figures and store them away and that I'm not a little kid anymore, I don't even play with my collection I just display them there is difference, I'm 23 years old I should be able to do what the hell I want in my own room, my uncle has dead deer corpses in his house no one complains about that, but I can't even display figures from my favorites movies and video games? idk this just makes me angry, he has yet see to see my 1/6 scale figure collection which I'm making sure he never does cause if he even thinks about telling me to put those figures in storage or get rid of them, then all hell will break loose, thanks for hearing me out I hope no one else has to go through what I am going through right now:(

I take it you live with your uncle?

Why does he care what you have in your room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back