My Agent Venom WIP - NEW PHOTOS ADDED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Agent Venom WIP

Wow, that is amazing! That snowspeeder and jedi starfighter!

And there are also sticks and tubes from styren of many thickness, not only sheets. And you can find it in many hobby and model stores.

It''s amazing what you can do with a few different shapes and some imagination...

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

I had an idea tonight.....basically I am trying to achieve this look:

post-1756-0-93690500-1353876418.png

I want to have the symboite black stuff coming out of his back, around to the front, holding guns just like in that photo.

Originally I was thinking I would just use Apoxie sculpt, create some long tubes, wrap them around the guns, shape it and let it harden. Problem is they are too heavy.

So tonight I was thinking....I could use some relatively thin yet stiff wire, with some black shrink tubing around it.

Here is a photo of the wire that I would use, you'll have to excuse the yellow shrink tubing, it's all I have here at home right now.

22228_10152185853089460_965723122_n.jpg

The problem I'm having now is, I'm wondering how to attach the wire to the back of the figure securely? It would be easy to drill holes in the back of the body and suit, but I'm not sure how to stick the wires in and secure them so that they would stay put? Would just super gluing them do the trick?

Thoughts?

Sweet. I'd make a small moulded "backpack" that they would fit into.
That way you could just take it off if you wanted to display it without the extra arms.

Coming along nicely! This is how a custom thread should be. The WIP picture beats the final result way far! That's where all the fun is at ;)

Thanks Tony!

Picked up some black shrink tubing tonight for the symboite material, should look good.

Also Googled around and found some cool looking graphics....I was trying to decide whether to go white or red and think I'm going to make him red like the Thunderbolts Venom:

TBOLTS2012_variantvenom.jpg

Anyway, I found some pretty unique looking chest graphics and am going to take three of them to get printed on adhesive vinyl at the recommendation of a fellow Freak (thank you). We'll see how it works, I just think it would be SO difficult to paint the graphic on the chest plates, because of all of the ridges, etc.

Here is one of the three graphics that I plan to have printed. Undecided as to which one to use yet. Seriously considering doing something cool looking like this rather than trying to be "comic book accurate" to the character. ;)

66434_10152187714024460_898363823_n.jpg

I took a photo of my flat black painted chest armor pieces, sized it properly in Photoshop and dropped the graphic in so as to make sure it's the right size.

Stiff wire covered in black shrink tubing symboite test. Not perfect, but with some play will work nicely, IMO.

22209_10152187747909460_1835631284_n.jpg

Had the adhesive vinyl printed today....big mistake, that stuff isn't going to work. The designs I chose are too thin, it'll never stay on. Plus the fact that I have to cut it all out with an Xacto knife.

Threw them in the trash....I've decided to paint instead. :)

There are two ways you can do the painting.
Spray the whole area red, then mask off the area that is to remain red and spray the remainder black.
Or mask off the shape you want to remain black and spray the rest red.
Looking forward to pics either way.

I've been told by more than one person to avoid spray paint because it gets sticky afterwards. And I've already painted everything flat black. So I was going to hand paint the red on top of it. I don't see how taping is going to work, because of all of the ridges and valleys.

It'll just have to be a lot of steadiness, a lot of patience, and I'll probably have to go back over some of the red with some black. But we'll see...

I've been told by more than one person to avoid spray paint because it gets sticky afterwards. And I've already painted everything flat black. So I was going to hand paint the red on top of it. I don't see how taping is going to work, because of all of the ridges and valleys.

It'll just have to be a lot of steadiness, a lot of patience, and I'll probably have to go back over some of the red with some black. But we'll see...

That's fair enough. I am usually working far smaller scales than this. You'll be fine in 1/6. You can also use latex. You paint it on with a fine brush over the colour you "want to keep", then spray with the other colour and rub off the latex.
It's amazing what you can do with some creative masking...

DSCF0002.jpg

20042010215.jpg

21042010228.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

dsc00192.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

Haven't done much with this in the last couple of weeks. But today I decided what to do with the shoulderpads. I bought some brass thumbtacks, poked them through from the bottom (after cutting off the big round part where you put your thumb).

I decided to spray them with primer, because I wasn't sure how the tacks would take to painting. So here is what I currently have.

526462_10152246419159460_1887085438_n.jpg

Thanks, I thought so too. Got them painted black now, will share photos later.

This was actually my original idea, it was just a matter of finding the spikes that were the right size. That, and I was chicken to poke holes in the shoulder pads. ;)

I was thinking the pads were hard plastic, and I'd have to drill holes, which would have been more difficult. but it was a soft plastic, so it was easy to poke the thumb tacks right through. :)

I was thinking the pads were hard plastic, and I'd have to drill holes, which would have been more difficult. but it was a soft plastic, so it was easy to poke the thumb tacks right through. :)

Just watch what you're doing when you put your hands near them.
I once mastered a Stargate USS Daedalus model kit, and on my display buildup(That went onto the desk of Bruce Woloshyn Of Rainmaker Digital Effects), i used sewing needles to replicate the antenna arrays, and must have stabbed myself 40 times during the painting phase, lol.

CIMG2874.jpg

Daedaluswithantennaepins8.jpg

Daedaluswithantennaepins5.jpg

Daedaluswithantennaepins2.jpg

Odyssey3.jpg

Back