Mummy Lottery Buddy Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe if sideshow knows the real identity of these so called "true" fans/collectors, they may be persuaded to "find a way", to make sure that the said fans, get lucky in the lottery...:monkey3

my ideas:

1. i still think that "true" fans should post pics of their collectibles and those that are true collectors get first dibs.

2. Have 3 questions related to the product during PPO and whoever answers the questions first gets first dibs

3. inclusive edition

4. enough with this super limited edition sizes

5. everyone post their ebay name

:eek:

TOE said:
my ideas:

1. i still think that "true" fans should post pics of their collectibles and those that are true collectors get first dibs.

2. Have 3 questions related to the product during PPO and whoever answers the questions first gets first dibs

3. inclusive edition

4. enough with this super limited edition sizes

5. everyone post their ebay name

:eek:

sorry TOE but imo those are all 5 horrible ideas.

#1. I agree with this, but nothing in life is fair. Majority of the people who were able to get the PF spidey exclusives only got it to sell for a profit where I really wanted one to keep in my collection but I still got shafted.

#2. This is as bad of an idea as is the lottery. No fan should be left out due to trivial knowledge of something.

#3. Inclusive editions are just stupid imo. This defeats the whole purpose of a "limited" collectible when 20,000 people can just walk in and buy one. The collectible business is based on the fact that yes not everyone will be able to own one. sorry but thats the cold reality of it.

#4. Super limited edition sizes is what limited collectibles are all about. You win some and lose some, but in the end ALL of this is just luxury items. No one NEEDS these things to survive, although some may border on pure obsession or addiction. Take away super limited items and I dont see the point of paying premium prices for these things.

#5. What good will this do? If someone wants to sell something, they will sell it.

If anyone in the EU wants this, I will happily enter for them. Shipping this to the US would be far too expensive.

Colin

TOE said:
hope you get one. I know you, occulum, and Lonnie are some of the few that deserve this guy. Good luck.
heabangin.gif
bk6p40.jpg

I decided to edit my post...I think I've yelled (in caps) enough. I clearly have expressed my opinion about how much I despise the lottery. I think Sideshow has gotten the feedback they were looking for and we will have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Kookie said:
WHY ARE PEOPLE RE-INVENTING IDEAS FOR ORDERING??????????????

OMG...THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!!

SIDESHOW HAS GROWN AND BECOME THE COMPANY THEY ARE TODAY BECAUSE OF THE SAME ORDERING SYSTEM. SIDESHOW....HERE'S A QUESTION...."WHY HAVE YOU TRIED TO RE-INVENT THE WHEEL NOW THAT YOU'VE ATTAINED A SUCCESSFUL PLACE IN THE COLLECTIBLES MARKET"

THIS WHOLE WEEK HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE PRESS FOR YOU. I REALLY THINK YOU'VE TAKEN A STEP BACK AND HURT A LOT OF HARDCORE COLLECTORS WITH THIS MOVE!

I HAVE NEVER, IN THE 4 YEARS I'VE BEEN COLLECTING, QUESTIONED THE WAY SIDESHOW DOES THINGS UNTIL NOW.

I think you have a broken caps lock key :cool:

Frankenfan made a good point that by all these people registering that don't want the piece, they are changing the odds and making it more difficult for those that actually DO want it.

Darklord Dave said:
Frankenfan made a good point that by all these people registering that don't want the piece, they are changing the odds and making it more difficult for those that actually DO want it.
I'm not sure I follow. Let's take a simplified example. Let's say there is a super-duper, uber-limited piece released, with an ES of 1, and the seller decides to use a lottery. Three people decide to enter the lottery. In this case each person has a 33% chance of "winning." But, if entrant 'A' is able to get one additional person to enter (we'll call him entrant 'D'), with the understanding that D would sell the piece to A should he win, that increases the odds for A from 33% to 50%.

Even in a worst-case scenario, where every entrant also had another shadow entrant working for them, the odds would be no worse than they would be if no shadow entrants existed. And, since we all know it is likely that most scalpers will have shadow entrants, the worst this buddy system can do is help to counter that.

RoboDad said:
I'm not sure I follow. Let's take a simplified example. Let's say there is a super-duper, uber-limited piece released, with an ES of 1, and the seller decides to use a lottery. Three people decide to enter the lottery. In this case each person has a 33% chance of "winning." But, if entrant 'A' is able to get one additional person to enter (we'll call him entrant 'D'), with the understanding that D would sell the piece to A should he win, that increases the odds for A from 33% to 50%.

Even in a worst-case scenario, where every entrant also had another shadow entrant working for them, the odds would be no worse than they would be if no shadow entrants existed. And, since we all know it is likely that most scalpers will have shadow entrants, the worst this buddy system can do is help to counter that.

Very well put. After years of statistics, I can assure you, we are helping the odds of fellow Freaks.

I decided not to cancel any more pre-orders....all is right in the world again because lotteries have been outlawed :)

Last edited:
Kookie said:
I just cancelled $800 worth of preorders. I won't be able to help anyone with any waitlists because the stuff wasn't sold out. I was kinda on the fence with the items I cancelled but the lottery has put such a bad taste in my mouth it tipped the items to a "no" category.

I'm going to take another pass today and tomorrow to figure out what else will go. I'm going to keep my Grey Hulk, Boba Fett, and Captain America Exclusives because I know I'll have an extremely tough time in the future finding those items.

I figure the only way I can really protest the lottery decision is with my wallet because the boards and comments sections don't impact Sideshow's bottom line. My passion for Sideshow has wained in the last few months. With the announcement of the lottery, no announcements on LOTR PF's and very few Star Wars PF announcements, the excitement for me is draining. There is no doubt that Sideshow makes the most amazing products and my passion may spark again with new announcements but this has been the most bleak and questionable months I've ever had with Sideshow in 4 years!

I sounds like Kookie needs a hug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Just wait, 6-7 weeks until Toy Fair and everything will be forgiven. "I have forseen it."

Darth Loki said:
I sounds like Kookie needs a hug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Just wait, 6-7 weeks until Toy Fair and everything will be forgiven. "I have forseen it."

I love Sideshow again...no more lotteries :)

Last edited:
Back