MT TLOU - New 1/6 scale figure from Master Team coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to remind everyone that Master Team is not Limtoys, and it's not CCToys either, all 3 brands know eachother and helped eachother but are run by different people with different teams, so what are your guys thoughts on the figure?

I'd like to remind everyone that Master Team is not Limtoys, and it's not CCToys either, all 3 brands know eachother and helped eachother but are run by different people with different teams, so what are your guys thoughts on the figure?

The figure is definitely shaping up be good. Accessories look stunning. The arms and the hands look a bit off to me though. My recommendation to Master Team would be to wait a few months and release the figure after the game. Considering that the game?s graphics will be phenomenal (and the game will most probably have a photo mode), master team can work on the head sculpt to get it to perfection!

After all, the final face of Ellie (used in the game) might be a bit different to the promo videos and photos.
Edit: master team should try to get the guitar the same colour as the one in the game (or in the promo depending on whether we get to see the guitar in the game or not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: MT - New 1/6 scale figure from Master Team comming soon!

I was hoping for more characters from the witcher. Oh well. Dunno if I really need Joel and ellie in my collection. Guess I'm one of the few that thought the game was solid but that it's way over hyped. I'd rather a days gone fig. :)

Meh to each their own. I personally thought TLOU got every bit of praise it deserved, but I was one of the people who had the opportunity to play this on its release date with no bias. Also, the game is quite old and on last gen console, but still remains story-telling marvel and i love it as much as i love Witcher.

I think she looks pretty good but her clothes are way too pristine. Now that'll probably get fixed but her likeness seems pretty spot on

I think she looks pretty good but her clothes are way too pristine. Now that'll probably get fixed but her likeness seems pretty spot on
Wow I was so busy looking to see the guitar playing was right I didn't even notice the tattoo! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty down for this as Master Team did a pretty damn great job on Geralt (still hoping they do a regular version of him!) but do we know if any other companies are gonna be making a 1/6 TLOU PT 2 Ellie?

I'm pretty down for this as Master Team did a pretty damn great job on Geralt (still hoping they do a regular version of him!) but do we know if any other companies are gonna be making a 1/6 TLOU PT 2 Ellie?

We can only wait and see for the time being. It also depends on the success of the game. If it is as successful as it is hyped up to be, there?s a solid chance more companies will jump on it.

I could see more third parties giving it a shot as the game gets closer and afer it releases definitely, Limtoys has no plans for it in 1/6 scale tho.

I could see more third parties giving it a shot as the game gets closer and afer it releases definitely, Limtoys has no plans for it in 1/6 scale tho.

Is it real that there is nothing in 1/6 of the second part of the game? It would hurt me to know later that if I like to make plans with my money. It will be done in 1/12? Thank you

Is it real that there is nothing in 1/6 of the second part of the game? It would hurt me to know later that if I like to make plans with my money. It will be done in 1/12? Thank you
LimToys has zero plans to make 1/6 scale figures from the games however we'll likely make 1/12 figures from Part 2 in the future.

LimToys has zero plans to make 1/6 scale figures from the games however we'll likely make 1/12 figures from Part 2 in the future.

Is this just due to co-ordination between Lim Toys and Master Team so there's no overlap of product?

I've thought long and hard about the Lim Toys 1/12 TLOU but, no matter how good they look, I just can't bring myself to get into a smaller scale since 1/6 has for many years presented the perfect balance of scale and detail. Anything that wasn't 1/6 was either boxed up or sold.

So, as long as one of the 'teams' is looking at the possibility of more 1/6 TLOU then there's something to look forward to.

Is this just due to co-ordination between Lim Toys and Master Team so there's no overlap of product?

I've thought long and hard about the Lim Toys 1/12 TLOU but, no matter how good they look, I just can't bring myself to get into a smaller scale since 1/6 has for many years presented the perfect balance of scale and detail. Anything that wasn't 1/6 was either boxed up or sold.

So, as long as one of the 'teams' is looking at the possibility of more 1/6 TLOU then there's something to look forward to.

It's really bad news that Limtoys doesn't make 1/6 figures and I think it's a step back

It's something like that, as you know Limtoys helped Master Team with their Geralt figure, and it also helped CCToys with their TLOU figures, as far as Lim making 1/6 figures of the first game that market is long gone, most folks either have the CCToys Joel and Ellie or have built customs they are satisfied with so we would be wasting resources on 1/6th protoypes because no matter how good they looked the vast majority wouldn't want to spend more money on what would be, in their view, essentialy the same figures and making figures from Part 2 would be a **** move with one of our friend brands doing it, we'd rather not burn any bridges or screw them over.

Completely uderstandable, I can say that our goal with the Limini line is basically have the same level of detail as a 1/6 scale figure only on a smaller scale and at a cheaper price, it's more directed at people who can't afford collecting 1/6th but want the same level of quality or collectors who have run out of space and are switching to smaller scales, with our new printing tech we will not only be able to give them 1/6 quality but improve our future 1/6 figures as well!

I do not know if Master Team will keep making TLOU figures but I'm sure they will probably give Joel a shot and some other third party brands will probably attempt to do these characters as well seeing how much hype and popularity there is surrounding the game.

It's really bad news that Limtoys doesn't make 1/6 figures and I think it's a step back
We understand your disappointment but give Master Team a chance, I'm sure if they don't satisfy you there will be other brands who will make figures of the game.

...as far as Lim making 1/6 figures of the first game that market is long gone, most folks either have the CCToys Joel and Ellie or have built customs they are satisfied with so we would be wasting resources on 1/6th protoypes because no matter how good they looked the vast majority wouldn't want to spend more money on what would be, in their view, essentialy the same figures...

I was thinking of other characters, rather than Ellie and Joel, such as the various infected enemies.

I was thinking of other characters, rather than Ellie and Joel, such as the various infected enemies.

Sounds good on paper but the reality is they would barely sell, trust me we would've liked to make a clicker for the 1/12 line but it would not do good at all, we have to take into account everything and if the projected sales aren't even enough to get back the production costs then it's not worth the hassle. Same goes for the majority of secondary characters, most people are happy with the protoganist and maybe an important side one but apart from hardcore collectors who want a complete collection, the majority won't buy a Bill or a Tess, let alone an infected even if some say "it would be cool to see X or Y being made." that's exactly what it is, it would be cool but would they buy it? Likely not.

Sounds good on paper but the reality is they would barely sell, trust me we would've liked to make a clicker for the 1/12 line but it would not do good at all, we have to take into account everything and if the projected sales aren't even enough to get back the production costs then it's not worth the hassle. Same goes for the majority of secondary characters, most people are happy with the protoganist and maybe an important side one but apart from hardcore collectors who want a complete collection, the majority won't buy a Bill or a Tess, let alone an infected even if some say "it would be cool to see X or Y being made." that's exactly what it is, it would be cool but would they buy it? Likely not.

That's disappointing, especially so when even 1/12 would be considered too risky.

When I was considering whether to add 1/12 versions to the collection one of the pros was that the smaller scale would probably have a greater variety of figures than would be likely in 1/6.

That's disappointing, especially so when even 1/12 would be considered too risky.

When I was considering whether to add 1/12 versions to the collection one of the pros was that the smaller scale would probably have a greater variety of figures than would be likely in 1/6.

It is a shame but the numbers speak for themselves, in particular with figures like these with such a simple design, it's the same reason Neca or Mcfarlane didn't even bother making figures for the game especially with it being old now, another example is Neca only making Kratos from GoW throughout the years, we're lucky they made Atreus as well but only as part of a double pack with Kratos.

It is a shame but the numbers speak for themselves, in particular with figures like these with such a simple design, it's the same reason Neca or Mcfarlane didn't even bother making figures for the game especially with it being old now, another example is Neca only making Kratos from GoW throughout the years, we're lucky they made Atreus as well but only as part of a double pack with Kratos.

I'd have thought there would be demand for a Clicker at least.

Meanwhile, just spotted these curious posts from TNS with reference to the Master Team Ellie:

David Cheng **dear all, due to our supplier conflict, we will not carry this item, thanks**

David Cheng ... We actually concern more about their qc issue. We wont take any risk

I'd have thought there would be demand for a Clicker at least.

Meanwhile, just spotted these curious posts from TNS with reference to the Master Team Ellie:

Not sure what happened between TNS and suppliers but I can vouch for Master Teams quality, they are getting started in the business but are very passionate and talented as anyone who bought their Geralt figure will be able to tell, for those interested she's available on other places like Giantoy.

Not sure what happened between TNS and suppliers but I can vouch for Master Teams quality, they are getting started in the business but are very passionate and talented as anyone who bought their Geralt figure will be able to tell, for those interested she's available on other places like Giantoy.

Sounds like a licencing conflict, which may explain why KG Hobby haven't listed her, but as for QC issues I haven't read about any. Geralt got glowing reviews.

OneSixthKit also has her, which was where I ordered as soon as she went up.

Back