MR Muppet Posers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had Gonzo and Fozzie at SDCC and both looked excellent. I'll hate to see what Fozzie's going to cost. Besides the 4 announced and Piggie, I think Stadler and Waldorf would be the only other ones that would tempt me.

They had Gonzo and Fozzie at SDCC and both looked excellent. I'll hate to see what Fozzie's going to cost. Besides the 4 announced and Piggie, I think Stadler and Waldorf would be the only other ones that would tempt me.

Andy, I can see if I have any pics of Gonzo from SDCC if you want. And Dave, from what I can remember Travis from MR said Fozzie is looking about $400, same as Animal.

Now don't quote me as official or gospel but that IS what they are aiming for with Fozzie. I believe the order is Gonzo (up for sale now), Fozzie, and Piggy as the last confirmed I believe. There are rumors of Rizzo but nothing firm. Also Statler and Waldorf are on the list of what Travis himself would LIKE to do but it depends on how far the line runs. Also, the planned accessory packs have apparently been nixed. What I would like to see them do are some Muppet veggies, fruits, chickens and the like. Round out the display and give us some less pricey things.

I'm wondering if MR will go after the other Hensen Licenses. They got the Muppets because of Disney's purchase of that particular license but it'd be neat to see them move into Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock as well...

I'm wondering if MR will go after the other Hensen Licenses. They got the Muppets because of Disney's purchase of that particular license but it'd be neat to see them move into Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock as well...

Sesame Street was a no go, not sure on Fraggles though. I think they are taking a wait and see since a movie is due out in the next few years.

Sesame Street was a no go, not sure on Fraggles though. I think they are taking a wait and see since a movie is due out in the next few years.

Hopefully MR is still around in the next few years. I'm really interested to see when you take Star Wars out of the equation (90% of their business last year) if the company can still hold their heads up out of water. They haven't really gone with anything in a big push to replace it.

Too bad about Sesame Street, I would have bought a Cookie Monster 1:1 puppet in a heartbeat, probably a Grover and Oscar too.

Forget those lightweights, I woulda wanted a Big Bird! :lol I think MR will be around for a while to come, they will just have a smaller release slate. What really saddens me is the lack of accessory packs. Now Ill have to find something else suitable for Animals chains. What surprises me though is that there isn't really a push for Robin. I know I wouldn't mind getting the lil frog.

Sooo apparently Gonzo is set to be shipped Valentine's Week. Here come's another $300 hit to the CC. Burn baby burn.

I have my Animal and I have to say I am really happy with him. The feathers take some playing with and over break I didn't get them exactly perfect but when I finally can display them all the way I want I don't have any concerns about it. On the Gonzo front I canceled my order through MR as Disney Shopping had him for much less with a 15% off code and $5 shipping code. All told Im now going to pay about $235 for him instead of $299 Direct.

That's a nice price. I'll have to get him somewhere on evilbay since MR jacked up the shipping costs overseas big time. Ain't no way i'm paying more for shipping then i do for Gonzo:nono

Yea, I can hear ya. Plus another reason I went the cheaper route was because there are no recent pictures of Gonzo and if he has the nose he was solicited with I can live easier with $235 than $299. Add that to the fact I have ALOT of SS stuff and a few HT things coming and figuring out how to pay for Fozzie all add up to saving where I can.

Probably bad form to post after myself BUT -

My Gonzo has shipped! I won't see him until March but still, he has shipped. I'm probably going to do a photo op of all 3 posers together real quick. I cannot say how excited I am even if the nose is less than perfect.

Congrats, looking forward to those pics:rock:rock:rock Can't wait to get him myself but unfortunately i have to. Too much stuff coming the next few months.

Congrats, looking forward to those pics:rock:rock:rock Can't wait to get him myself but unfortunately i have to. Too much stuff coming the next few months.

Oh trust me, if it weren't for the fact that I grew up with the Muppets I would not be getting these. Im in my last college semester, trying to apply to schools and look for jobs just in case and have over $1k in preorders with SS. This doesnt take into account my Doctor Who and Hasbro Star Wars habits. I've been forced to work for the school, but the job is a cake walk and we get tons of bonuses so hopefully I can get this all under control. Add in the $300 tax return and $300 "stimulus" check... should hold me to mid 2nd Q. I just fear when Fozzie goes up and ships. $400 worth of bear right there.

Oh yeah, really looking forward to Fozzie. Have MR announced any new Muppets they working on? I havnt heard anything.

After Fozzie it's anyones guess. They are working on Piggy so odds are we see her after Fozzie but I don't know how soon. Also no one knows if it will go BEYOND Piggy.

Back