Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For posters that are from films, we own a few. Sucker Punch, Avengers, Cabin in the Woods, Paranorman, Lincoln, Nightmare on Elm Street 3, Dracula, A Trip to the Moon, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hellboy 2, Halloween, Beetlejuice, American Werewolf in London, Toy Story, Creature from the Black Lagoon and Serenity (signed by ALMOST the whole cast).

Then we have some that are from movies but feature only 1 character/actor.

If you ask me where I will hang them all... ___________________

I really wish I could get my hands on the lenticular posters that they had for The Hobbit. So far I haven't seen them. There's one group shot that is from the UK, but not the ones of the individual characters like they had a SDCC.

Lenticulars are extremly rare and highly sought after, they tend to fetch top price with collectors. I have seen Lenticulars like Nightmare Before Christmas go for over $1000.00. I have a couple of the easier to find Lenticulars, but nothing special. Finding them is pretty rare, best bet is Ebay, but expect to pay alot.

Ok guys, so I have gotten a few older pieces. They are of course as a result folded due to the time period they were produced.

My question is... do I Frame? Dry mount? Linen back?

How do I preserve them and keep them ? I would love to also display.

https://www.postermountain.com/services.html

I've seen poster mountain do some amazing work. If you look into restoring via linen backing I would go through them. They are nice folk as well, you could pick up the phone and give them a call. Explain what you have and get their opinion based on what you want to do with your prints. Framing and linenbacking I would think would be the best two options. I think it depends on conditioning as well. If its pretty 'used' then you would want to go the linenback route. If it is still in good shape then you can probably just frame using conservation materials.

Oh and if you go through them don't be turned off by their shipping prices. They are a bit high for a reason. :wink1:

Even though I liked Batman Begins more, I love TDK poster with Batman standing in front of the building. I want to get the BB poster where he's carrying Rachel but I already have too much Batman

Has anyone here dealt with ebay user "movieposterbargains" before? They've got over 12k feedback with a 100% rating but their prices seem significantly lower across the board. A little "too good to be true." I want to buy this Man of Steel poster:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAN-STEEL-MOVIE-POSTER-DS-27x40-ADVANCE-STYLE-4-FREE-SUPERHERO-MINI-SHEETS-/160999228999?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257c4d4647

I buy from this another guy on eBay. His prices are a bit higher, but it's worth it just for the way he packs the posters.

Ok guys, so I have gotten a few older pieces. They are of course as a result folded due to the time period they were produced.

My question is... do I Frame? Dry mount? Linen back?

How do I preserve them and keep them ? I would love to also display.

Depends on how much money you have. Personally, I just bought 12 new posters and I'm going to guy 6 light boxes after the first of the year. That way I can swap out the posters as I see fit.

Last edited:
Lenticulars are extremly rare and highly sought after, they tend to fetch top price with collectors. I have seen Lenticulars like Nightmare Before Christmas go for over $1000.00. I have a couple of the easier to find Lenticulars, but nothing special. Finding them is pretty rare, best bet is Ebay, but expect to pay alot.

I always wanted the lenticular poster for The Lost World. I still remember that one from the theater.

jurassic-park-the-lost-world-prototype-lenticular-special-3d-poster-fantasy-science-fiction-suspense-action-rare-animated-original-movie-poster.gif

At the time, I actually went from theater to theater to see if I could get one from an owner. No such luck.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, that is one of the coolest and hardest to find Lenticulars, and very few people want to part with them.

I hope you manage to find it for a decent price someday though. It will probably start popping up on Ebay once JP4 comes closer to release.

I collect movie theater banners and bus shelter double sided 4x6 posters. With their size, I hang them then switch them out every few months. :)
I recently got a couple promo BrBa vinyl adhesive backed posters.
This one is 45x60
6qhbvs.jpg

Final Destination had a nice lenticular poster a couple years back. I wanted to run out of the theater with it! :lol

I'm in love with lenticulars. Got quite a few in the collection. Invest in light boxes, as they really bring out the 'wow' factor.

I'm in love with lenticulars. Got quite a few in the collection. Invest in light boxes, as they really bring out the 'wow' factor.

I could never get my hands on very many of them to keep my interest level up. I have 2 that were relatively easy to get, Species 2 and Final Destination 2, neither of which were movies I liked.

What Lenticulars do you have?

I could never get my hands on very many of them to keep my interest level up. I have 2 that were relatively easy to get, Species 2 and Final Destination 2, neither of which were movies I liked.

What Lenticulars do you have?

The Final Destination ones are pretty awesome. :rock You have yours in light boxes? I only have one light box, so I rotate them through.

I don't have pictures of them all, but I have a Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Punisher: War Zone.

Here's some pics:

I actually do have a pic of the Wolverine and Ghost Rider ones, but they didn't turn out so great. The Spider-Man one is still my fave.

I wouldn't mind getting at least 1 lightbox.

Right now I'm using the 27x40 frames from Micheals and I could probably use something better especially for the posters that are mostly black because you can see the waves in them a lot more than brightly colored posters.

I collect 27x40 double sided originals mainly.

I tend to get 27x40 reprints of the 27x41 oldies or maybe a newer 27x40 directors cut poster instead so I don't have to get them custom framed at 27x41.

For example my ALIEN poster is a directors cut 27x40.
This one is limited to 5000 and it has Silver where the regular one is white though so it shines too!

I am new to movie poster collecting and was wondering what type of frames people use/recommend. I have a 24" x 36" poster that I am looking to get framed (and possibly matted). What is best for protecting/preserving it? I could go the custom frame route (which tends to be pricey) so I figured I would ask in here for tips/advice before I drop a lot of money on a frame. TIA! :wave

Back