Mortal Kombat vs. DC is official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiancée and I have been playing this all night long, and we love it. :lol It's fantastic. We still haven't unlocked Shao Kahn or Darkseid, and we still have no clue about the finishing moves ("Fatalaties" for the MK characters, "Heroic Brutalities" for the DC peeps), but it's pure MK-style bliss, blessed with the presence of classic DC characters.

I'm really digging Deathstroke, even though I've not been exposed to the character overly much. He's really intuitive. As is Batman, who has some of the coolest moves in the game. Green Lantern would probably be a strong character if I had taken the time to figure out how to play him. And zipping around as the Flash is pure zooming pleasure.

But the real jewel is The Joker, who is just so damnably satisfying. :lol Every time he busts loose with that hand buzzer ("Put 'er there!"), we just laughed out loud.

I'm really jazzed to try this out in single player mode, just to see what the story's like, and to unlock those aforementioned unlockables. I can fully understand why people feel that this is overpriced. Especially those of you who are more MK fans than DC fans. But to be able to knock around with Lex Luthor as Sub Zero? Priceless.

Mike, hang onto it. It's not a waste of your money. At all.

Didn't they get rid of the Joker's "Bang" fatality?

That turned me off.

I was hesitant to pick it up as well but so far it's really fun! Green Lantern is my go to guy lol! The fatalities are fine and make sense with the tone of the DC characters. What I dont understand is that some of them are just as violent. Jax can shoot someone with his automatic in the chest whereas for The Joker and Deathstroke the camera pans away from head shots :confused:
And sword slashes and head crushing is cool too :duh

Anyways, I say keep it.

I'd heard that they had rid themselves of the "Bang" fatality. :( I haven't had the opportunity to try it. I'll likely have to buy the cheat guide. :rolleyes:

Still having fun. :D

I'd heard that they had rid themselves of the "Bang" fatality. :( I haven't had the opportunity to try it. I'll likely have to buy the cheat guide. :rolleyes:

Still having fun. :D

why buy? Use GameFAQS for all your cheating needs :D can't wait for my copy to show up. Ordered the U.S. Special edition (as the UK's getting gypped again!) but have been following the video's and to be honest seeing some of the "toned" down fatalities whereas they're not as over the top they seem more realistic such as Catwoman's spine break.

Blood was always MK's attraction gimmick if it was all it was played for it's kinda pathetic, they've always been solid fighters (Except for 3 that was awful)

No probs, that site's saved my butt a few times :D
Always think it's a bit of a rip off when there's a £15 guide that comes out the same time as the game to help you spoil it

The thing that bugs me about MK games is well they always come off kind of cheesy. I wish I could work with them to make characters not only look better but: Have being motion capture (they always appear too stiff), work on body structure, and voice and voice acting. All IMHO in MK and Midway games are terrible.

They does Shang Tsung have the same body type as Liu Kang? Why do they all walk and talk like stiff cardboard people who can't act?

Better design me thinks is required.

Funniest game moment ever (SPOILER ALERT!!!)

Joker (falls to knees, shakes fists in the air) : "KA-A-A-A-AHN!!!! ..." (echo...) "Ka-a-a-a-hn ... ka-a-a-a-ahn ... ka-a-a-ahn ..."

The thing that bugs me about MK games is well they always come off kind of cheesy. I wish I could work with them to make characters not only look better but: Have being motion capture (they always appear too stiff), work on body structure, and voice and voice acting. All IMHO in MK and Midway games are terrible.

They does Shang Tsung have the same body type as Liu Kang? Why do they all walk and talk like stiff cardboard people who can't act?

Better design me thinks is required.

Another flaw I think is it feels "stiff"...something that other fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur do not. It could very well be because those fighting games are more in depth in the "flow" of the moves, while MK has NEVER BEEN.

You could basically button mash in SC and Tekken and actually pull some moves off...with MK you can't and cause the action to become rigid at a lot of points.

lol how unoriginal can you get.....like 80% of the fatalities/brutalities have the character jumping off the screen and stomping or pounding someone into the ground. LAME.

just got gamefly for the holiday break and this is on the top of my list. arethere any online modes on this??? btw i have the 360 version on the way so i can get the achievements.

Back