Mortal Kombat vs. DC is official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another flaw I think is it feels "stiff"...something that other fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur do not. It could very well be because those fighting games are more in depth in the "flow" of the moves, while MK has NEVER BEEN.

You could basically button mash in SC and Tekken and actually pull some moves off...with MK you can't and cause the action to become rigid at a lot of points.

Just recieved my copy today (at long last, am never using Gamestop again) they've gotten rid of the dial-a-combo's. I'd say the fighting system feels smoother shan SC4, I will confess I never got to grips with Tekken, never really did anything for me.

But the fighting system for MK vs DC has felt very smooth and fluid and after chasing it for a week it's been well worth the wait.

just got gamefly for the holiday break and this is on the top of my list. arethere any online modes on this??? btw i have the 360 version on the way so i can get the achievements.

Haven't had a chance to check the full scope of the online mode, but there's obviously the 1 on 1

Nice thing is, it also includes "trophies" for those on us on the PS3

Just got this a couple days ago and I've been into Mortal Kombat since trilogy came out. I think that was the best one for combos. Havent played since deception so when I popped this in its hard to get the combo challenge done. As far as the fighters go I personally like from Dc
The Joker-which I love his give me five move, its funny as ****, Flash, Batman, Superman is the best in my opinion. All around they're speed is good and combos will take a good percentage of power.
The Earth Realm fighters Kitana is my favorite right now, shes fast and her combos are sick. Then followed by Raiden, Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, and Sonya.
I think if you give this game some continous playing and learning the challenging combos you'll definately like it. I do, so if someone wants to play online, Im always down....

Just recieved my copy today (at long last, am never using Gamestop again) they've gotten rid of the dial-a-combo's. I'd say the fighting system feels smoother shan SC4, I will confess I never got to grips with Tekken, never really did anything for me.

But the fighting system for MK vs DC has felt very smooth and fluid and after chasing it for a week it's been well worth the wait.

Haven't had a chance to check the full scope of the online mode, but there's obviously the 1 on 1

Nice thing is, it also includes "trophies" for those on us on the PS3

I'm more used to the Tekken/DOA/SC fighters (also SF)...so the newer gen of Mortal Kombat feels stiff to me. I did play Deadly Alliance and Deception and got a good flow with that.

It also could be because I'm used to the Playstation controller as my Fighting-Game-Controller-of-Choice and I got MK/DC on the X-box 360

I can understand why the newer Gen MK's felt stiff, there wasn't a lot of freedom in their combo system, the Dial-A-Combo's while nice to look at took away a lot of the fun and experimentation of "I could do this into this"

MK Vs. DC has eliminated that, the Dial-A-Combo's are gone and it's back to experimentation, just with playing around I was able to get a 20 Hit Combo with The Flash. Those Pro-Moves are frustrating as hell to get right though, the timing is just too precise.

I'd be up for giving you a match pmtz2005. I can never remember if my PSN user name is underscored or not so I'll have to look it up. Hopefully it wont be as laggy as last time I played, only just beat Scorpion with Superman

I am really impressed with the game. I was not expecting much of a story, but the game really tries it's best to make sense of the whole concept. It felt good having Batman kick some serious kung-fu butt against Liu. The graphics are sweet too. Really I got much more than I expected.

Did anyone else get the Collectors edition as well, the behind the scenes stuff was pretty cool.

Love your avatar LChinoz, really hope that the first film gets a much deserved special edition

Is anyone else finding there's quite a bit of lag when playing online. Had some one juggle me with the same move over and over again last night due to it. Usually lag isn't a problem with other online games here.

opened and old thread I know....

Cant help it I just got into this game pretty sick. Even ranked 91 for awile. Once you learn the fighters moves and combos this game is fun online. I have been in fights where is does lag but most of my fights have been uninteruppted. Who else plays online? What are your ps3 network names? Mine is fist-of-fury, couldnt think of anything else...

opened and old thread I know....

Cant help it I just got into this game pretty sick. Even ranked 91 for awile. Once you learn the fighters moves and combos this game is fun online. I have been in fights where is does lag but most of my fights have been uninteruppted. Who else plays online? What are your ps3 network names? Mine is fist-of-fury, couldnt think of anything else...

mine's Nocturne_Faction

the lag for me has been unbearable though, means I lose most fights and any combo's have already well missed their targets. Has been easy to perform 20+ combo's with The Flash in single player but the lag throws the timing out ridiculously.

mine's Nocturne_Faction

the lag for me has been unbearable though, means I lose most fights and any combo's have already well missed their targets. Has been easy to perform 20+ combo's with The Flash in single player but the lag throws the timing out ridiculously.

Yeah I don't like when you do a combo and it doesn't hit the person your fighting. I think a lot depends on the persons connection that your fighting as well. My connection bars are always full but out of 750+ fights I have been disconnected 8 times. Maybe its cause I play wireless, who knows....

Yeah I don't like when you do a combo and it doesn't hit the person your fighting. I think a lot depends on the persons connection that your fighting as well. My connection bars are always full but out of 750+ fights I have been disconnected 8 times. Maybe its cause I play wireless, who knows....

Same, mine always shows as full, but I don't think I've had a single fight that would be considered "normal" and it's generally down to who can work the lag better

Man !! got this game for my B-DAY and its KICK ASS !!

love the combos and mid air fights.

The joker is hillarious.

I like the jokers fatality where he pulls out the gun that says bang...and then he pulls out a revolver and kills em anyways. The thing that sucks is it wont show the persons head getting shot off the camera just moves to the joker while he pulls the trigger. Odd thing though is I've seen the fatality done on
YouTube and it shows the the head being shot. Is there like a japanese version of the game?? Does anyone know???

Same, mine always shows as full, but I don't think I've had a single fight that would be considered "normal" and it's generally down to who can work the lag better

Yeah your right, but what funny is when you play someone who doesnt wanna lose I think they just pull their connection so they dont lose out on their rank too much...

I like the jokers fatality where he pulls out the gun that says bang...and then he pulls out a revolver and kills em anyways. The thing that sucks is it wont show the persons head getting shot off the camera just moves to the joker while he pulls the trigger. Odd thing though is I've seen the fatality done on
YouTube and it shows the the head being shot. Is there like a japanese version of the game?? Does anyone know???

That's the UK version.

Back