Mortal Kombat vs. DC is official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope didnt hear that rumor, atleast not before now. The Jokers Fatality was great looking, its a shame that they might end up changing it. You cant have a Mortal Kombat game and expect there not to be over the top violence.

he is still supposed to shot her but its done offscreen. Katana's fatailty was also changed as well, instead of fan to head its fan to body or something like that.

I don't get it, he kills people in the comic books and movies all the time, but the second he kills one in a video game, they flip out. If you can't do MK and DC right then don't do it at all.

I don't get it, he kills people in the comic books and movies all the time, but the second he kills one in a video game, they flip out. If you can't do MK and DC right then don't do it at all.

Ummm, Joker shoots her point blank in the head on screen, gore and all in the previous version of the fatality. It's not the act of killing, but that it's shown on screen. Ever notice that Joker is never shown actually killing anyone in TDK? it's usually hinted towards or happens off screen.

Also, you gotta consider the factors in lowering the violence. Midway is depending on the success of this game, explaining the "T" rating. If this game bombs, it's bye bye for Midway.

I do agree though, Mortal Kombat is known for it's gore, and taking it out is kind of lame. I'll deal with it if it means getting to beat the ^^^^ out of Superman.

It does suck if it's true, but it's only one element of a game that's shaping up to look very nice as a whole. Have my pre-order in for the U.S. Special edition as once again the UK's getting ^^^^ed over and not getting it at all

one things from the trailer though...what the hell happened to Wonder Woman's face?!?!

Can they get around that these days with the age ratings (and parents willingness to sue, such as the GTA lawsuits) was great in the old days of having the blood code :D

ABACABB

:) I remember those days of button push codes, not to much if it now adays though.....rememberable i mean, this and the contra code

i had it on the game gear, 2,1,2, down, up :D

if you check out The Gothsicles a lot of the music is video game related and they have a song called Konami Code IV, Which is just about the Konami Code :D

Managed to get a hi-res version of Alex Ross' art by screen dumping off the hi-res video on the worlds collide website. let me know if anyone wants it. is probably a bit too big to put on the forum

I have no interest in this game, especially since it's rated T. In all seriousness, the fatalities started sucking after MKII (the MK3 fatalities were really bad, and then all the 3D versions of fatalities were equally, if not more, horrid). And now that this is a T game, the fatalities (that I've seen) seem so cheap and uncreative.

Don't get your hopes up. There will be NO fatalities and very little blood.

https://kotaku.com/381302/mk-v-dc-has-little-blood-no-fatalities

The lack of Fatalities was easy enough to assume. I don't think DC would be happy when they see Wonder Woman getting her head ripped off by a Mortal Kombat character.

I don't like this match up. It's very random and it just doesn't fit.

Capcom vs. DC would have been a dream come true though. Hell, if I'm wishing for things, why not a Capcom vs. Snk vs. Marvel vs. DC?

Oh well, that's why I use M.U.G.E.N.

Aw damn it. I was almost happy... :(

That post I made is pretty old. There ARE fatalities in the game, but they're gimped for the T (teen) rating. It's almost the same thing as not having fatalities, I suppose.

played it last night and its alright
the mortal kombat i grew up with is now gone
but maybe this is a good thing for mortal kombat
anything is better than what theyve been putting out

I bought this last night but haven't opened it yet. I want to hear some reviews by some actual gamers that have it before cracking the seal.

Primarily because it was an impulse buy but I also haven't found a next gen fighting game that I've liked, an old school MK fan and serious DC fan but if the game is ^^^^ and all hype I want to have the ability to return it. Thanks for the question though.

dont crack the seal bro...it sucks balls! It doesnt feel right at all...there is no unlocking ^^^^ like the grave yard of the MKs of old...there is very little blood...the costumes ripping as you fight is pretty cool....but overall the collision detection is ^^^^ed up...the game on regular xbox was a ^^^^load better and came with some extra ^^^^....anyone remember Kart Kombat...and why take out the 3 disicplines??? I liked that ^^^^...and who the ^^^^ heard of a T rated MK....garbage...

That is what I was fearing....which is also why I waited to crack the seal. Probably heading back to the store unless I hear a rave review somewhere.

Back