Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

This has all the grace and look of co-ordination of Elaine Benes dancing...

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

That was freakin' hilarious!!!

Now that you mention it... :lol

2w7pyed.jpg

I say go back and retool. With so many people displeased with it up front, it's like driving into an accident, but one that can still be avoided.

Especially as they would barely have to resculpt anything (as opposed to say the berserker PF, were it the case). They could easily (relatively speaking) reshape into something more generally palatable. Ditch the flame attachment-- of which even the most ardant fanboy defenders can muster nothing positive-- entirely.

Unless this is already in production then... SOL

If I remember correctly, it was almost a year from when the Legolas PF was shown to when it finally shipped. If we're looking at the same wait for the Morgul Lord, they could have time to retool it. It's possible but unlikely that they will, though.

What are the chances of repositioning the arms/body after purchase. Is a mod like that difficult to do on a PF without major reconstruction?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xQ39WeJpDLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xQ39WeJpDLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i like the retooling idea myself but know in heart its not gonna happen, such a bada** character i would love to have one, but man this is seriously akward.

An awful, twisted pose. I will not be ordering the Morgul Lord. Not as bad as Bullseye, but almost. HUGE disappointment.

That first awkward cocked head shot we saw was a red flag. Sadly the pose was as I feared it would be. This was going to be my representative PF for RotK but I'm not going to be ordering. :( I still have a small hope it will look better at SDCC, but at this point it would take a lot to turn me around on this one.

I say go back and retool. With so many people displeased with it up front, it's like driving into an accident, but one that can still be avoided.

Especially as they would barely have to resculpt anything (as opposed to say the berserker PF, were it the case). They could easily (relatively speaking) reshape into something more generally palatable. Ditch the flame attachment-- of which even the most ardant fanboy defenders can muster nothing positive-- entirely.

Unless this is already in production then... SOL

My guess is that the body is just a basic black armature (solid piece) so that wouldn't require too much retooling - in theory. The costume is what it is, I am sure that can be salvaged. :hi5:

As far as the EX is concerned, I don't see them changing the item; not that I wouldn't mind. :lol :pray:

Sideshow has made some alterations in the past from the Prototype stage to the production phase, so I would think that it might be best to order and bail when you see production pics if you are still disappointed. Maybe a 360 video will help too.:peace

Check out Post #338 Would have been the Perfect Bas Ass Pose !!!! Sideshow Clearly Messed this one up Badly.....But on the Brighter side, As Lame as the Flaming Sword of Cheese is, Atleast its Not an " Art Inspired Print " :)

I'll order it tonight anyway and decide when it's ready to ship if I still want to cancel.

Check out Post #338 Would have been the Perfect Bas Ass Pose !!!! Sideshow Clearly Messed this one up Badly.....But on the Brighter side, As Lame as the Flaming Sword of Cheese is, Atleast its Not an " Art Inspired Print " :)

I actually would have preferred a print of the Morgul Lord instead of the flaming sword.

Has Sideshow ever totally revamped a piece after it's been announced? Not talking about "tweaks" but about a complete change in pose? I can't recall a piece that it was done to.

I remember a couple months ago when I thought this guy was gonna be on a fellbeast.:cuckoo:

Has Sideshow ever totally revamped a piece after it's been announced? Not talking about "tweaks" but about a complete change in pose? I can't recall a piece that it was done to.

I don't think so.

I would love to see them break precedent because I think there's a lot to be gained, whereas they could've futzed with Galadriel further beyond the doll hair, but between you and me, it would hardly have made a difference in demand.

A significant increase in sales would accompany a 'better' looking ML, with a relatively easy retool (i.e. it doesn't need a new portrait etc.)

More $$ for Sideshow
Streamlined production (ditch the ex.)
Beneficial PR
Happier customers

But back to reality-- pre-order in t-minus 4~hrs

Last edited:
Back