Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

I just don't like this PF.

The pose is obviously ackward.

The sword seems a bit small - I remember the ML carrying more of a "bastard sword", but this one looks to have a shorter blade.

The flame section is really off, I think it needs more color or highlights.

The flail needs to be more of a centerpiece, rather than an afterthought. When I first saw the ML pull out the flail, it was surprising and only added to his level of power. This version looks like he's dragging it on the ground, like a drawing/pic of a T-Rex from the '80s dragging it's tail. Just doesn't have the best look for such a powerful weapon.

I commend them on the robes/cloak. This material does look great and hangs well. Very realistic. The metals are also nice here. The base even looks pretty decent.

Overall, it's a shame. The problem is that I think most people sound very under-whelmed by this figure, but there is no way that SSC can re-tool it now. Most may PO for safety and then cancel later and SSC will just take it as the fans don't like LOTR anymore. They won't look at it from a constructive view, whereby assessing that maybe they are to blame for some obviously less than stellar work. Definately, a disappointment after the nearly perfect GTG PF and pretty decent Strider maquette.

Obviously you havent been reading this thread. There is plenty of time to make minor adjustments to this; its not like the whole thing needs a overhaul.

Looks like he is 27in tall; I would imagine you can subtract 2 from that cause of his tall helm, so hes pretty huge.

Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF? Order NOW through the banner!.

Done deal ladies and gentlemen :)

Shipping Q4 2010, so I'd say it's already in production, wouldn't really count on any changes.

I ordered the Ex, just in case SS comes to their senses and does something as drastic as dropping that God-awful flaming shish-kabob! I'm really surprised that this is scheduled to ship in November, only 2 months after the GTG PF!:horror This could make the finances a little trickier to swing.

It could come down to this or the Jack Sparrow PF Ex, shipping that same month.

Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

Obviously you havent been reading this thread. There is plenty of time to make minor adjustments to this; its not like the whole thing needs a overhaul.

Actually, I had read over the thread and still don't think that SSC will or has the interest to make the changes that some people (and myself) are talking about. You and I don't work for SSC, there is no way we could know what their timeframe for such a figure is or if they have time to alter it given their schedule on other things.

Next time, don't assume what I have or have not read, jerk. :nana:

Got an EX order
Though not sure about this PF, it doesn't seem as good as Weta's Piece

Ordered... hesitantly... We'll see if he'll be tweaked, or I find out that I can tweak him myself before he ships. He's got potential, it just needs to be "fixed" a little... Because I REALLY want a 2ft Morgul Lord. :)

Ordered... hesitantly... We'll see if he'll be tweaked, or I find out that I can tweak him myself before he ships. He's got potential, it just needs to be "fixed" a little... Because I REALLY want a 2ft Morgul Lord. :)

I think it should be tweaked too
They should shorten the Mace Chain so it doesn't lie all limp on the Base

I don't get it. Just a nice straight forward standing pose and this would have rocked. He looks like he has a dislocated leg. I'll have to pass on this. It's like a diorama PF or action PF. Not interested.

Order now - support the forum!

MORGUL LORD PREMIUM FORMAT
<a class="affiliatestyle"

Im excited to see in hand pics of this piece. I think he kicks ass.

Safety order placed, I am far from convinced that I will end up keeping this.

Got an EX order
Though not sure about this PF, it doesn't seem as good as Weta's Piece

I agree. I am just gonna wait it out, hopefully the drapes will match the carpet. meaning the cloth is as black as the paint.

Safety order placed, I am far from convinced that I will end up keeping this.

Whats with "safety order", then the contradiction? = raise the es some more why don't ya.

Back