Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

I would not be shocked at all if they don't tweak it some before it goes into final production. They do that quite regularly actually. Though some may not be able to be changed and it may come down to learning that some things just don't work. As far as blaming the fans as being the most likely choice. I'm not even sure how to respond to that really. Its really not even worth dignifying with a response actually. A general lack of understanding of the folks at SS I guess is what I have to chalk it up to.

2m3kx7k.jpg

This to me is where it looks the best. From this angle and all the pose makes perfect sense and has an amazing flow to it.

2m3kx7k.jpg

This to me is where it looks the best. From this angle and all the pose makes perfect sense and has an amazing flow to it.

I agree. I just wish that the flail was visible. Right now it's just kind of "guess what I'm holding in my left hand?" :lol

I think (EDIT: HOPE) the flaming sword will be tweaked. The entire sword should be covered in flames.

6gxa48.jpg

This looks like only one side of the blade was dipped in oil and lit. The sword could easily be tweaked to be enveloped in supernatural flame.

As far as the pose, as Josh said, hopefully SS realizes that some things just don't work. As I stated earlier, I would have preferred the pose of the Morgul Lord from my requested screenshot that Geb was kind enough to post, or when he rose after his mount fell. Sideshow has proven with Lurtz and the Berserker that the baddies can exude evil without being in a full on attack pose.

Here's hoping that the remaining LOTR PF slated for 2010 exceeds our expectations.

I never thought he was having a helluva time to get it off the ground, seemed to me it was pretty easy. Plus, if you look at the PF, he's not actually lifting it yet, it's fully on the ground still, even with some of the chain. At that point in the PF, all he's doing is holding the handle up.
Now I know he's old, but it can't be that heavy :lol

:lecture

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I sense you guys are ganging up on me.....:lol

The next person who posts a picture of that "flaming sword" should be banned LOL. Oh my eyes.

2m3kx7k.jpg

It does look great from that angle, though I think I prefer this one just a touch more as his flail is visible.

n6cmth.jpg

Not the pose I would have chosen, but it's really grown on me. Tweak that sword a touch by lengthening the blade and hilt and I'll be more than happy. :)

I think (EDIT: HOPE) the flaming sword will be tweaked. The entire sword should be covered in flames.
6gxa48.jpg

Personally, I'd just as soon see it scapped altogether. A]. I don't know what they could possibly do to make it look better and B]. I don't want SS to start producing characters where they incorporate various aspects of that character based on various different scenes. Clearly this is the Pelennor fields battle scene so let's keep it accurate to the scene in question. What's next, Sam travelling through the Mines of Moria with a light-up phial as the excl. :nono

Maybe if someone could draw where the other leg is supposed to be, maybe then I'll get the pose, cause right now, I ain't getting it. :lol

Personally, I'd just as soon see it scapped altogether. A]. I don't know what they could possibly do to make it look better and B]. I don't want SS to start producing characters where they incorporate various aspects of that character based on various different scenes. Clearly this is the Pelennor fields battle scene so let's keep it accurate to the scene in question. What's next, Sam travelling through the Mines of Moria with a light-up phial as the excl. :nono

I agree, based on movie accuracy, the flaming sword makes no sense. However, with the pre-order two days away, there's no way I can see SS eliminating or radically changing the exclusive. Tweaking the flaming blade to look better is the only possible solution / recourse I can think of. The only exclusive I can think of that would be screen accurate would possibly be Rohan weapons or armor on the base. Maybe SS backed away from that after the Legolas PF. If memory serves me correctly, I believe people complained that the Moria skull was kind of weak.

A severed Fell Beast head for the exclusive would have been cool.

I just hope he makes the trek to Con, that way we can see if the mace is moveable or not; I would have an easier time with the pose if that were the case.

It does look great from that angle, though I think I prefer this one just a touch more as his flail is visible.

n6cmth.jpg

Not the pose I would have chosen, but it's really grown on me. Tweak that sword a touch by lengthening the blade and hilt and I'll be more than happy. :)

I in no way want to defend the statue but just because the scene with the fire sword was different from the scene with the flail does not mean the ML did not have the ability to have a fire sword during the scene with the flail. I guess what I'm saying is that Sam did NOT have the phial in Moria, but the ML did have the flaming sword presumably for his entire career as a morgul lord. So the comparison is not quite fair.

Clearly given the response here SS either needs to hire better sculptors or better photographers :) Only time, and hopefully comic-con will decide which.

And I do agree that the two views seen here present the piece is its best light.

actually, i know and love that scene. what i meant was that this could be a scene from one of the earlier battles (ie Pre-fellowship days).

I know, its not canon but its believeable :D

First impression: For a piece I was really excited for, I'm just kinda "meh" now after seeing it. The EX version is a total pass, & I'm not feeling this pose at all. Maybe if the morning star is moveable, that would help. But looking at this piece front-on, you can't even see what's in his hand. Sigh....

2m3kx7k.jpg

Actually to me, that's were it looks the worse. Just give him a little push on the right and it seems he would topple over, what with that leg out in the front and so far over and not being able to see the other one at all.

I sense you guys are ganging up on me.....:lol

yup, it's a tag team..... :rotfl

sorry woodsy.

Maybe if someone could draw where the other leg is supposed to be, maybe then I'll get the pose, cause right now, I ain't getting it. :lol

l can see the pose. l high lighted his right leg in red and circled his knee cap. you can tell the outline of the leg behind the cloak. the pose is him bracing him self for lifting the mace.

Back