MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, considering the longer hair and the draped over blue hoodie, most of the collar's underside will be obscured. So I would be okay with that.

Well, considering the longer hair and the draped over blue hoodie, most of the collar's underside will be obscured. So I would be okay with that.

I mean with this look...

ThingKR-CL1-Jacket.jpg

..the hoody is inside, and the plastic hair would likely have to be too, so the dark grey, non-leather faced underside is on show:

484010-IMG-1297.JPG

It's the thing that put me off getting an extra jacket specifically for him.

Depending on the angle of the collar, and where the figure's displayed it could pass for being in shadow.

Got the DID jacket, too. Apart from waiting to harvest it from Mondo’s jacket, any ideas on where to source the fur? And also, what glue would you use to attach the studs on the pockets?
prob UHU glue or similar for he studs. I wouldn't use super glue as that can leave white residue around the area.

Just taken delivery of the DID A2 leather jacket, quality garment as we have come to expect from DID. It shall for many suffice, at best it needs the buttons and fur collar. The Thing is, Mondo can if they have the will create the jacket in leather.

Why don't we just wait here a while see what happens?

Contact made with Mondo, I have suggested they revisit the jacket and create in leather. Further addition top half of hoodie in blue heather maybe as part of the jacket construction to avoid bulking.
They know we shall be watching.
Hi Remembermyname, thanks so much for reaching out to Mondo! I was hoping they might be reading these boards and be aware of the overwhelming opinion regarding the jacket. Let's hope it gets addressed. It will certainly be a huge improvement to the figure and serve to elevate their sales, so a win-win situation for all.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed, nothing ventured nothing gained. My approach has been setting out their shop front with 1.6 Collecters whereby all benefit. Strangely the person I am in contact with is named Mac.

Wait...what? What happened to Fly?

This is the report we got from @hypnobrett in the Star Trek Thread that Fly started :cry:

I’m sorry to have to share this news, I didn’t realize it hadn’t been posted here on the forum yet. FlyAndFlight passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago. He was a member of our group text chat along with @Texas Finest and some other collectors, TF received the news directly from his wife.

Fly was a great friend of this forum and one of my follows here as well. All of our hearts are broken. Most of us only knew him from his posts here, but we wish him Godspeed to his heavenly home...

No ******* way! I didn't know him personally, but damn! I am very saddened by this news. He was always a pleasure. Godspeed my online friend. My condolences to the family.:duff

Very sad to read this. Life is fleeting, so enjoy every day.

A person that I know who serves on a professional board with me died after a very brief and personal battle with cancer just before the New Year.

Remember to hug and tell those that you love— that you love them as often as you can!

Sad to hear that about @FlyAndFight . I did not know him much but we talked in the colonial marines thread a few times and he seemed like a nice guy. Rest in peace friend :(

Damn, he was an 05er. Not sure how much I interacted with him but I know his boardname and avatar about the place. Sad to hear.

Back