MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one looks like the closest match.
1699056524092.png

Actually resembles Mondo's old prototype version very well too.
1699056808478.png

One of my favorite movie! watch it every year at least 3-4 times so I ordered it ! :)
I think it looks great ,yes the jacket is not 100%,a hat with snow googles would have been nice …etc
but once i do a snowy base , 1/6 husky with other accessories it will look awesome.
Who knows if we see another 1/6 the thing soon. If hottoys or kaustik release one in the future i’ll pick that up too .
was thinking to pick up the Neca release but its just too small and not that great looking,and i only collect 1/4 Neca.
$300 sounds better than few thousands for a custom ,even with the additional $ i’ll be spending for accessories ….and was $50 a month with payments!

Last edited:
One of my favorite movie! watch it every year at least 3-4 times so I ordered it ! :)

I love the movie.

I think I was about 13 when I first saw it. A friend's older brother used to rent videos that we were too young to get ourselves. I think it was the first proper modern horror movie I'd seen.

Still remember how intense it was to watch, and cycling home in a daze thinking about it.

The original 1951 The Thing From Another World is also a favourite, of which the 2011 The Thing was more a remake of than the 1982.

I can't watch the 1982 now without watching the 2011 first, as I did yesterday, since the prequel runs directly into the original.

I love the movie.

I think I was about 13 when I first saw it. A friend's older brother used to rent videos that we were too young to get ourselves. I think it was the first proper modern horror movie I'd seen.

Still remember how intense it was to watch, and cycling home in a daze thinking about it.

The original 1951 The Thing From Another World is also a favourite, of which the 2011 The Thing was more a remake of than the 1982.

I can't watch the 1982 now without watching the 2011 first, as I did yesterday, since the prequel runs directly into the original.
Hello young man, I still have the ticket.

The Thing is, the film has not lost anything over time, it could be released today. The special effects not CGI remain as good as any I have seen and stand up to all that followed. Upon release it was considered a flop as was Blade Runner,they were up against ET. It was anticipated The Thing would not do well and that is why a considerable amount of ephemera was produced to aid its promotion. 41 years and a bit later we know different my friends. Remember man is still the warmest place to hide.

I had always hoped that Blitzway would pick up the licence (they would have done a terrific job) but truthfully I think it's unlikely any major 1/6 company will take this on after the Mondo version. I think it's more likely there will be a Present Toys version.

The baby blue colour is close very close. DID A80167 A2 jacket looks good too, name tab may be stitched but could be hidden. Not caved yet but slipping as I type.

I had always hoped that Blitzway would pick up the licence (they would have done a terrific job) but truthfully I think it's unlikely any major 1/6 company will take this on after the Mondo version. I think it's more likely there will be a Present Toys version.
Defo think we will get a 3rd party company do this, especially with this new MacReady sculpt floating about. Thats what Im thinking shall I hold off and wait for an unofficial fig with potentially more accessories, hoodie, blood samples, MacReady hat, better jacket. Or do I get this official release?
I would love to know how the Mondo sculpt will look once it goes it to production paint. If we get a dud paint app the sculpt may look really bad.

Back