MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that Mondo's usual method?

If so there's no reason to get the current version, unless they leave something out while adding something new.

After sleeping on it and looking at the photos again to see if I was more tempted, my first impression was that the photos of him in the jacket made him look more like a 1/12 figure.
The jacket is a huge let-down.
The other items are useable (even those boots) but to me, figures like this live or die on the combination of a quality head-sculpt & jacket.
(For example, Indiana Jones, Mad Max, Ripley).

The head-sculpts look really good to me but that jacket belongs on a $30 figure.

The jacket is a huge let-down.
The other items are useable (even those boots) but to me, figures like this live or die on the combination of a quality head-sculpt & jacket.
(For example, Indiana Jones, Mad Max, Ripley).

The head-sculpts look really good to me but that jacket belongs on a $30 figure.

I've had the Timed Edition sitting in my cart since he went live. But I just can't bring myself to go through with it.

Every now and then I think, what the hell just do it. Then I see the first photo again.

If there's a variant with the hoodie at some point, he'll probably have the hat as that's a noticeable omission from this one.

However, they'll probably leave something out like the flamethrower. So both initial and variant would be required purchases. What I really want to see before 10th November is someone like SooSoo tease a MacReady. :pray:

What is everyone think how this is going to turn out it looks pretty good to me I know some people said they didn't like the Mondo figures but I think they're actually better quality than a lot of the other **** out there and I collect hot toys and third party stuff. But I guess whatever floats your boat I'm thinking about getting it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_070637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_070637_Chrome.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231101_070707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_070707_Chrome.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231101_070658_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_070658_Chrome.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231101_070654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_070654_Chrome.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231101_070649_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_070649_Chrome.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231101_070644_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_070644_Chrome.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 0
I've had the Timed Edition sitting in my cart since he went live. But I just can't bring myself to go through with it.

Every now and then I think, what the hell just do it. Then I see the first photo again.

If there's a variant with the hoodie at some point, he'll probably have the hat as that's a noticeable omission from this one.

However, they'll probably leave something out like the flamethrower. So both initial and variant would be required purchases. What I really want to see before 10th November is someone like SooSoo tease a MacReady. :pray:
Me too I keep going back to it and get ready to check out and then just leave I can't make up my mind either.

I imagine it will be postponed by at least three months, that’s my “default” expectation for any preorder.
Right there with you. Hector said early summer, so I figure I should have it by October, right? :LOL: (I'm not sure why companies never "bake" delays into their estimates - they're never on time. You'd think they'd have learned by now?)

On the fence. No installments for non US residents. My major gripe would be shelling out 265$ right away. Don’t like that at all for long preorders.
Man that no installment plan really hurts right? That's the only way I'm able to do it is with the installment plan, but it's so far away too well it seems like it anyway July 2024 is the estimate. I'm still up in the air I missed my last pre-order and I regret it so I don't want to do it again but I'm not sure what to do ugh, choices choices, well good luck whatever choice you make.

What is everyone think how this is going to turn out it looks pretty good to me I know some people said they didn't like the Mondo figures but I think they're actually better quality than a lot of the other **** out there and I collect hot toys and third party stuff. But I guess whatever floats your boat I'm thinking about getting it.
I think it looks outstanding. I would like a leather jacket and 1 more head. A hood sounds great.

Price should be around 225 or so imo... but this is a highly requested character, and pre-ordering is a must. Yes I hate paying upfront. I learned from toysw......err unnamed companies that I can be burned.

I think it looks outstanding. I would like a leather jacket and 1 more head. A hood sounds great.

Price should be around 225 or so imo... but this is a highly requested character, and pre-ordering is a must. Yes I hate paying upfront. I learned from toysw......err unnamed companies that I can be burned.
Yeah copy on that toyswndrld Burned me on my dynamic duo luckily kit had the reissue up for pre-order and I got to get it in. Lesson learned though. That's what I'm thinking after this sells out just like everything else people are going to be selling it for probably $500 on eBay and all that other if it turns out better than people expected.I missed out on the Beast man I wanted and now it'll probably be online for triple the price or double once it gets close to shipping. I'm thinking if I don't pull the trigger I'll regret it.

Yeah I haven't quite been able to pull the trigger yet either. The jacket I'm actually not that bothered by, since I think the sculpts do enough to counteract the simplistic look. But after rewatching the movie last night there are just so many key accessories that seem to be missing. Like the dynamite, hoody, and hat (which, contrary to what the Mondo guys said on Mafia's live stream, he has on him for the majority of the movie).

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a v2 from mondo with no flamethrower, no shotgun, only 1 head and the hoodie, dynamite, goggles and lamp, sprayed with white paint “snow”. Maybe a Blair thing as the ex.

I bet Mondo is using the same crap body they used before with Gordon Freeman.

Attachments

• 5BABD6A5-B770-4A48-8E70-77C9D5583296.png
    5BABD6A5-B770-4A48-8E70-77C9D5583296.png
    903.1 KB · Views: 0
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a v2 from mondo with no flamethrower, no shotgun, only 1 head and the hoodie, dynamite, goggles and lamp, sprayed with white paint “snow”. Maybe a Blair thing as the ex.

YIKES! If that's the body they using? Totally worth $281 shipped then

Underwear included. I suppose if permitted it could be said "It is pants"

Last edited:
Back