MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not just moved slowly and applied even pressure, sorry that’s what I meant by “took time” haha

Got Raphael today, beautiful figure, only problem is he came missing the fist hand, had to be a factory error as it was sealed in the shipper, anyway review coming soon...

25769014788_598313818a_b.jpg

I went to change out the hands and swords on my Leo, and a bunch of the red paint came off the sword handles and transferred over onto the hands. I guess it was the stiff hands and pressure over time. The handles are mostly gold now lol. I regret not putting on sort of tape to protect the handle before I inserted them into the hands when I first purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to change out the hands and swords on my Leo, and a bunch of the red paint came off the sword handles and transferred over onto the hands. I guess it was the stiff hands and pressure over time. The handles are mostly gold now lol. I regret not putting on sort of tape to protect the handle before I inserted them into the hands when I first purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s terrible. I bet many others have that same problem. Mondo went the cheap route on these.

I am very keen to have some good TMNT representation on my shelves but I am find myself torn between these and the DreamEX ones. The (Mondo) ones feel slightly cheaper and more unique.

How would people here go?

And no I can't afford both lol.

I can't speak for DreamEX but i really like the Mondo turtles. They do have their issues but getting the full set together looks awesome. The dreamEX look cool but they remind me too much of the 4Kids/90's designs. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome designs but I much prefer the comic look of the Mondo figures. Great accessories, pretty decent articulation and they have some heft to them as well.

For me, the Mondo Turtles were the only choice.
I was a little too old for the Nickelodeon stuff, and my love for TMNT was primarily based on the Mirage comics. In this scale, Mondo is the only option...
That said, I've heard nothing but good things about the DreamEx figures, and although I didn't have any QC issues with my Mondo set, some folks did. I think it's mainly a design question: Which design do you like better?

See, when I first saw the DreamEX Turtles aI fell quite hard for them. But it was only after I looked a bit deeper they started to feel more like a mid 90s/Spawn/Frank Miller "Grim Dark" take on the heroes in a half shell.

This isn't to say this is a bad thing, far from it. They still look great of course but its feels like a lot of what made awesome to me has been removed. The specific shades for each turtle, its there but not as prominant as it was on the cartoon/original playmates toys. The "ripped" nature of the turtles is not bad, but again we stumble into "gritty" territory so again it just doesn't feel right.

Ultimately the Turtles I relate most to are the ones from the cartoon series, the original playmates toys and the 90s film, and thanks to NECA making sure ayone in the UK will have to pay silly prices to get hold of those I am left to choose between DreamEX or Mondo, and at this moment I have a feeling Mondo are going to win.

Because even the DreamEX ones are a bugger to get in the UK now.

See, when I first saw the DreamEX Turtles aI fell quite hard for them. But it was only after I looked a bit deeper they started to feel more like a mid 90s/Spawn/Frank Miller "Grim Dark" take on the heroes in a half shell.

This isn't to say this is a bad thing, far from it. They still look great of course but its feels like a lot of what made awesome to me has been removed. The specific shades for each turtle, its there but not as prominant as it was on the cartoon/original playmates toys. The "ripped" nature of the turtles is not bad, but again we stumble into "gritty" territory so again it just doesn't feel right.

Ultimately the Turtles I relate most to are the ones from the cartoon series, the original playmates toys and the 90s film, and thanks to NECA making sure ayone in the UK will have to pay silly prices to get hold of those I am left to choose between DreamEX or Mondo, and at this moment I have a feeling Mondo are going to win.

Because even the DreamEX ones are a bugger to get in the UK now.
It's not Neca. It's the UK distribution ppl. They don't wanna pay the fees to get the Turtles over there. The only ones who paid outside the USA was Australia.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back