Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Takes 6 weeks for Hot Toys to reach the US from HK, if M8 have sent the ‘alleged’ first batch to the US for distribution then we probably wouldn’t see them quite yet.

Except for the fact that they mentioned it shipping to HK customers first. That NDA though, right?

They promised shipping/tracking info on the 16th. Please stop making excuses for these scammers. Plus the orders that would have went to Asia direct. When will the light go on that there is no product? They wont even answer or leave the questions up on their FB page.

Lol, chill out dude, just stating a fact. I did say ‘if’ and it’s obviously a big if.

If it is a scam then it’s a very brazen one, I’m not convinced either way at the moment...

Lol, chill out dude, just stating a fact. I did say ‘if’ and it’s obviously a big if.

If it is a scam then it’s a very brazen one, I’m not convinced either way at the moment...

Look, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in. Make you a great deal. But it is that wishy/washy refusal to call them out on this by many that has allowed them to run this sham Madoff game for as long as they have.

Where are the reports from those in Asia that were shipped to them several weeks (months) ago? Why tell people they are getting a tracking number on the 16th only for it to not happen, just a generic were getting ready to ship email, and gosh 3k is soooooo many. Why delete all the questions asking about this on their page? Why no answer from the company (not that it would matter as they flat out lie). Whats the deal with the Big foot Lennon footage? Clearly the company put that out to lend an air of legitimacy to their operation.

Even an incompetent company wouldn't do all this. It goes way, way, beyond that.

Agreed Can’t tell others what to do with their money but this company will never see a penny of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sign of any bits or breakdown parts on ebay just the skeleton and overpriced flippers.

There is no figure.

The internet is world wide, and not a single in hand picture exists in the world.

As of today, it simply does not exist.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You'd think 'how can they come back from this?'
But they'll probably just release another shipping date like none of this happened and those who have had the carrot dangled in front of them four so long will once again start jumping about to reach it.
What is interesting is I believe their accounts will be up on companies house next month so I'd love a look at those.

You'd think 'how can they come back from this?'
But they'll probably just release another shipping date like none of this happened and those who have had the carrot dangled in front of them four so long will once again start jumping about to reach it.
What is interesting is I believe their accounts will be up on companies house next month so I'd love a look at those.

Think the ironic thing about that is Wonka is due Q3 2018
They also have a open pre order for that no more hero's figure even though there's no actual link to it apart from through google. :rotfl

Why the hell can’t these guys just be honest and forthcoming with stuff? All this subterfuge just makes them look worse! The only reasonable explanation for that is SCAM.

Why the hell can’t these guys just be honest and forthcoming with stuff? All this subterfuge just makes them look worse! The only reasonable explanation for that is SCAM.

That was my initial reaction, but why keep it going for this long? All the people who preordered Lennon are well outside of the window for Paypal protection at this point, and their other preorders they only accepted credit cards for.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I believe their intentions are pure. For whatever reason there has been a ton of delays and instead of just admitting it they keep adding lie upon lie. Due to this they have had people pull out and I think now they are in damage limitation mode, trying to filter out stuff in a bid to keep buyers (and/or investors) interested until something is released (if ever). The fact they keep deleting stuff off of their FB page is so other people don’t get spooked and cancel. It’s all pretty sad to be honest as telling the truth would have gotten them further. Another possible theory is they are still trying to get the figure off of the factory (who are waiting to get paid maybe) so are showing the box, certificate etc to get people to put money back in again. The youtube vid was just one in a long line of things they have done recently to try and do this. I personally believe that boxed figure (in the vid) is the prototype that they have shown before and used it to try and bolster interest again.
Again pure speculation on my part and I could be way off base but it makes sense to me.

Maybe all the pics of the boxes and the figure video were from the factory trying to get paid from them and M8 is just passing them off as 'ready to ship!'

I believe their intentions are pure. For whatever reason there has been a ton of delays and instead of just admitting it they keep adding lie upon lie. Due to this they have had people pull out and I think now they are in damage limitation mode, trying to filter out stuff in a bid to keep buyers (and/or investors) interested until something is released (if ever). The fact they keep deleting stuff off of their FB page is so other people don’t get spooked and cancel. It’s all pretty sad to be honest as telling the truth would have gotten them further. Another possible theory is they are still trying to get the figure off of the factory (who are waiting to get paid maybe) so are showing the box, certificate etc to get people to put money back in again. The youtube vid was just one in a long line of things they have done recently to try and do this. I personally believe that boxed figure (in the vid) is the prototype that they have shown before and used it to try and bolster interest again.
Again pure speculation on my part and I could be way off base but it makes sense to me.

Here is the thing. Someone asked about those boxes getting scratched being shipped that way. M8 answered it was ok, because those boxes in the pictures are empty. Except they were showing those boxes as a proof of product. Sooooo maybe they have some empty boxes and a few pamphlets. Maybe.

Why are they doing this? Well they are not really targeting figure enthusiasts any longer, but going after easier marks I mean customers. Those that don't follow this that closely are also less likely to ask a bunch of questions about where the product is. And now they have, what, 4 orders open they are taking payments on.

Also, that Travis Touchdown thing shows a box with box art too. As if that even exists.

Nothing has felt right about this uhmmm 'enterprise' from the outset. Seeing everything continue to play out this way is not really all that shocking. I personally wanted a Wonka, but am merely waiting for the inevitable implosion when these guys just disappear.

Erik Ko Dear Molecue8, from a production person to a production company - if you are packing a 300$ figure in cartons without protection between the boxes, you will get a lot of scratches and damages that will result in claims from collectors. In case you do ...See More
Manage
· Reply · 2w
Molecule8
Molecule8 This is are how the empty boxes are delivered to us Erik

There is no weight so no damage.

Thank you

Molecule8 team

That was my initial reaction, but why keep it going for this long? All the people who preordered Lennon are well outside of the window for Paypal protection at this point, and their other preorders they only accepted credit cards for.

So what? This is logical. They can't use Paypal anymore.

What can we do against them? Do you think your local police can do something because you were scammed by a fake company (I don't even know if they legally exist somewhere) and you can't prove it anyway?

This is new in our hobby but I think they were very well organized and they must have stolen A LOT of money.

If some people still believe something is coming, they need to realize it's not and contact Paypal, cc company ...

What can we do against them? Do you think your local police can do something because you were scammed by a fake company (I don't even know if they legally exist somewhere) and you can't prove it anyway?

This is new in our hobby but I think they were very well organized and they must have stolen A LOT of money.

If some people still believe something is coming, they need to realize it's not and contact Paypal, cc company ...

Sweet FA, which is what I'm getting at. They already have all the money, why keep the lies going any longer?

This is pretty much along the lines of what I’m thinking. Rather than come clean about how much they’ve messed up, they’re telling lie after lie as stalling tactics until the figure is finally ready to ship. I don’t believe for a minute it’s a scam, just a poorly handled business venture gone horribly wrong.

Sweet FA, which is what I'm getting at. They already have all the money, why keep the lies going any longer?

They don't have 'all the money' they are continuing to solicit for new, upcoming products.

Now, maybe they are like SYCO, and using new orders to pay for past orders, which will catch up to them if so, but that scam company at least had put out a few things before they resorted to that and could still take paypal. Heck, I think ARH got themselves into a similar situation and have barely survived, having to do a bunch of stuff in house to generate the capitol to survive. M8 has literally burned all bridges that would even allow them to get back in stride as a player in this business. I really don't see how this ends in a product. And for having 3k orders, they don't exactly have a ton of people asking or active on their FB page.

If someone has lost money then contact the local cop shop. Their home address must be somewhere on their Companies House listing.

Back