Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

molecule8 better deliver this time, 15 million lennon facebook fans are watching them.

Yet another deadline missed and yet another time the M8 sympathizers are nowhere to be found.

It's a comment deleting frenzy over on their Facebook page., for heaven's sake don't have the audacity to ask about the whereabouts of the figure you paid for.

You have better odds winning the state lotto then getting a tracking number this weekend for this figure

They're still claiming it comes with the fancy endoskeleton.

Talk about manipulating your own reality and fake news. M8 has taken this to heart.

I can't wait for that someone who buys a 2nd body off ebay to expose the lie about the endo skeleton.

I just don't see this ending well for anyone, sorry guys.

Legit question for those of you who have been in this hobby for awhile - is it weird that a 1/6 figure company would ship a figure to customers after only publicly showing off a year-old, incomplete prototype and a whole lot of Photoshop doctored photos and CGI renders? Where are the shots of the actual internal skeleton inside the body? Where are the final product shots by HK bloggers? Where are the photos of the shipping boxes arriving at warehouses? Doesn't this raise red flags for even the most ardent M8 apologist?

I think they are stringing everyone along to keep preorders rolling-in thus ensuing the company stays afloat. If they stated the real release date, people would give up and then they'd have no new monies coming in.

I can't wait for that someone who buys a 2nd body off ebay to expose the lie about the endo skeleton.

They said from their own mouths months ago the Mark-1 wouldn't be in lennon but instead a Mark-1 "lite" version. Pics are still on their page thought he comments are not. So no mystery as to what will be inside.

22550198_502192870150639_1205263467019623587_o.jpg

They said from their own mouths months ago the Mark-1 wouldn't be in lennon but instead a Mark-1 "lite" version. Pics are still on their page thought he comments are not. So no mystery as to what will be inside.

That's true, but they're still spreading the first version bull. Or, maybe it's yet another version? Kinda doesn't look like either they've shown.

Beginning of this video from Feb this year:

That's true, but they're still spreading the first version bull.

Beginning of this video from Feb this year:

Ah. They've created so many lies they can't even keep them straight.

Ah. They've created so many lies they can't even keep them straight.

I modified my post slightly before because it looks like it might even be another version between the two? Hard to tell and life is too short to traul back through the images.

View attachment 403341

I doubt even the "lite" will be inside.

Take a good look at that thing, it doesn't even make sense. How does that even work once "filled" over with "silicone"? And is it still a full body -- or is it parts now, like separate feet? If its a full body, then how do you turn the feet? Won't the rubber feet just twist back on that ball? And most of those joints look like they'll become loose with minimal use. Strange too to have such a large 'knob' right on the exposed edge of the elbow.

Last edited:

Legit question for those of you who have been in this hobby for awhile - is it weird that a 1/6 figure company would ship a figure to customers after only publicly showing off a year-old, incomplete prototype and a whole lot of Photoshop doctored photos and CGI renders? Where are the shots of the actual internal skeleton inside the body? Where are the final product shots by HK bloggers? Where are the photos of the shipping boxes arriving at warehouses? Doesn't this raise red flags for even the most ardent M8 apologist?

I think they are stringing everyone along to keep preorders rolling-in thus ensuing the company stays afloat. If they stated the real release date, people would give up and then they'd have no new monies coming in.

You mostly see photos from HK bloggers of figures that are produced by vendors that are based overseas, Hot Toys, threezero, etc. This is mostly because those figures are released locally first so they get scooped up by collectors/bloggers. However, for companies based outside of Asia, like Big Chief and Sideshow, the figures typically are released once they arrive at the vendor's HQ, the UK and US, respectively, so they aren't picked up by HK bloggers.

So, with Molecule8 being based in the UK, it's not weird that there are no HK blogger photos of a finished Lennon figure, for the same reason there typically aren't HK blogger photos of Big Chief or Sideshow figures.

You mostly see photos from HK bloggers of figures that are produced by vendors that are based overseas, Hot Toys, threezero, etc. This is mostly because those figures are released locally first so they get scooped up by collectors/bloggers. However, for companies based outside of Asia, like Big Chief and Sideshow, the figures typically are released once they arrive at the vendor's HQ, the UK and US, respectively, so they aren't picked up by HK bloggers.

So, with Molecule8 being based in the UK, it's not weird that there are no HK blogger photos of a finished Lennon figure, for the same reason there typically aren't HK blogger photos of Big Chief or Sideshow figures.

There's no way Hot Toys isn't just paying most of those photographers/"bloggers" for the photos that come out the day of release -- Hot Toys is likely just spending more on marketing, firstly, and the providing figures early (under embargo) so that all these places can do their photoshoots or videos and release them the day the figure drops. Sideshow could do the same thing but they don't bother, and sometimes they don't even bother to update their own site with the final product images.

I remember when the Hoth Figures came out Sideshow sent them to blogs that took some of the most piss poor early photos. Probably led to tons of cancellations.

Take a good look at that thing, it doesn't even make sense. How does that even work once "filled" over with "silicone"? And is it still a full body -- or is it parts now, like separate feet? If its a full body, then how do you turn the feet? Won't the rubber feet just twist back on that ball? And most of those joints look like they'll become loose with minimal use. Strange too to have such a large 'knob' right on the exposed edge of the elbow.

I'm about 90% sure it's a current-generation Phicen endo with some cheap diecast tat added at the torso and groin to disguise that fact.

I can only figure it will be a hollow or filled body. How does it work for phicen? From what I've seen they do a filled body like you're suggesting.

Back