Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Paul wrote most of the song but John wrote that bit. "I used to be cruel to my woman I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved. Man I was mean but I'm changing my scene and I'm doing the best that I can."

Huh, I always thought that it was all Paul and that lyric felt a little edgy for him...that clears that one up! Thanks!

boy-that-escalated-zop93h.jpg

i wonder how many cancellation request they received after making appearance on ACGHK? i really doubt they will have mass production till paypal protection is expired to cut down the loses. what if they made more than 1000 figures and half of them cancelled after ACGHK??

i wonder how many cancellation request they received after making appearance on ACGHK? i really doubt they will have mass production till paypal protection is expired to cut down the loses. what if they made more than 1000 figures and half of them cancelled after ACGHK??

The Wonka PO doesn't take PayPal anymore. It's all through Shopify now.

Looks like paypal froze their account

Wonder how many of these figures and endoskeletons sideshow will be Stuck with with all the cancellations on their site.

Looks like paypal froze their account

Wonder how many of these figures and endoskeletons sideshow will be Stuck with with all the cancellations on their site.

will they declare bankrupt soon? :slap

I have to hand it to them, they've decisively topped Play Imaginative for the "worst company launch" title.

Probably going to have to...they just had the operating cash flow pulled out from under them...

Yeah that's not good at all.
ARH had huge problems last year that almost killed them when their Frazetta run was 6+ months late and refund cases on PayPal froze their account and hobbled their cash flow.

That's okay because the Willy Wonka preorder is up now and paypal isn't even an option. So they'll have plenty of extra dough from those orders to keep john going until wonka is released three years from now.

So they essentially solved their paypal "problem" by doing this and could potentially hold your money in perpetuity. I trust them completely though!

:cuckoo:

What did Play Imaginative do? I never really followed them.

Burst onto the scene in a blitz of hype showing off 1/12, 1/6 and 1/4 Iron Man figures made of 75-90% diecast before Hot Toys decided to touch the stuff. Showed off the entire 42-suit Iron Man lineup in 1/4 scale at any comic convention who would have them. Took people's money for initial 1/4 preorders. The trouble began with their 1/6 diecast Iron Man Mark VII finally made it into the hands of customers. It was a lousy figure compared to the Hot Toys version, very lacking in detail and moving parts, prone to breakage and the much-touted electronic remote control features were broken out the box on every single one of them. They released some Gokin-style 1/6 figures of DC's Batman and Superman in their New 52 outfits that were ridiculously overpriced and again, riddled with QC issues. It then took them over two years to make good on their 1/4 solicitations for the War Machine Mark II and Iron Patriot, and about another year for the 1/4 Iron Man Mark 42. None of those figures were particularly impressive after the absurd delay. They released a couple of very lacklustre 1/12 figures again two years or more too late, and promptly went out of business.

The story doesn't end there, as they attempted to rebrand themselves as Comicave and pretended they were merely using the old Play Imaginative license to access Marvel properties through a third party, to distance themselves from this rolling years-long trainwreck. They somehow managed to get 1/4 prototypes of Iron Man Mark 43, Mark 45 and Hulkbuster featured at the world premiere of Avengers: AoU, none of which have ever materialised. To their slim credit, they've released some very good diecast 1/12 Iron Man figures with great engineering, electronic features and articulation over the last year or so, but the rumour is they're losing the license when (if) their 1/12 Hulkbuster is released.

Burst onto the scene in a blitz of hype showing off 1/12, 1/6 and 1/4 Iron Man figures made of 75-90% diecast before Hot Toys decided to touch the stuff. Showed off the entire 42-suit Iron Man lineup in 1/4 scale at any comic convention who would have them. Took people's money for initial 1/4 preorders. The trouble began with their 1/6 diecast Iron Man Mark VII finally made it into the hands of customers. It was a lousy figure compared to the Hot Toys version, very lacking in detail and moving parts, prone to breakage and the much-touted electronic remote control features were broken out the box on every single one of them. They released some Gokin-style 1/6 figures of DC's Batman and Superman in their New 52 outfits that were ridiculously overpriced and again, riddled with QC issues. It then took them over two years to make good on their 1/4 solicitations for the War Machine Mark II and Iron Patriot, and about another year for the 1/4 Iron Man Mark 42. None of those figures were particularly impressive after the absurd delay. They released a couple of very lacklustre 1/12 figures again two years or more too late, and promptly went out of business.

The story doesn't end there, as they attempted to rebrand themselves as Comicave and pretended they were merely using the old Play Imaginative license to access Marvel properties through a third party, to distance themselves from this rolling years-long trainwreck. They somehow managed to get 1/4 prototypes of Iron Man Mark 43, Mark 45 and Hulkbuster featured at the world premiere of Avengers: AoU, none of which have ever materialised. To their slim credit, they've released some very good diecast 1/12 Iron Man figures with great engineering, electronic features and articulation over the last year or so, but the rumour is they're losing the license when (if) their 1/12 Hulkbuster is released.

Oh geez, that sucks. I'd bet that display made Howard blush though. Still, that was a hefty order for a brand new company, so it sounds like they definitely bit off more than they could chew.

Also whaaat? Comicave is Play Imaginative? I was just looking at old ads for their 1/12 BvS figures they never made.
I saw some of their newer 1/12 Iron Man figures on display at my local Barnes & Noble, which looked great. It's nice how they're trying to step their game up.

Thanks for the reply!

the fact that they are not installing the original hs by kim but
a much inferior one on the prototype is a total disaster that is
irreversible.

Back