Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I was pointing out the hyperbole in his statement, not refuting that lennon was deeply flawed.

You have one side that wants to paint him like a reclusive rockstar, drugged out and isolated, beating his wife and children. The otherside want to paint him as though he were Jesus Christ or some benevolent alien.

The truth, as usual, is in the middle.

I've been a fan of the man's music for fifty years, I've probably read a couple of dozen books on him over the years, and countless interviews, both his and those who knew and worked with him, so please stop trying to paint me as if I have some secret axe to grind here, because that just isn't true. Everything I said is supported by facts from multiple accounts and sources, not just ripped out of some hack one off biography, as you tried to claim. As I said, I'm a fan of him as a musician, I'm just not blind to the truth of the man behind the music, that's all. I find him a fascinatingly flawed and contradictory human being who simply didn't live what he sung or preached, certainly not to anywhere the degree to which his image has since painted him. Just because certain truths are ugly and unpleasant and not what we might wish they were that doesn't make them hyperbole or unworthy of being raised or noted. Just as no amount of trying to sanitise the past will ever actually change it.

Like I said, people will continue to believe whatever they wish to, and that's their business and their right. Just as long as people aren't trying to attribute false motivations to what I say, that's all I ask. I don't much mind whether anyone agrees with me or not, why would I? Different viewpoints and beliefs shouldn't be taken as if they are some kind of threat, or something that needs to be fought over. It's all just words on a screen anyway, and hardly important. Anyway hopefully this can drop now.

Ha ha this thread is something else...just when you think it has jumped the shark as far as it can go it leaps further and further each day! Love it!

I've been a fan of the man's music for fifty years, I've probably read a couple of dozen books on him over the years, and countless interviews, both his and those who knew and worked with him, so stop trying to paint me as if I have some secret axe to grind here. Everything I said is supported by facts from multiple accounts and sources, not just ripped out of some hack one off biography, as you tried to claim. As I said, I'm a fan of him as a musician, I'm just not blind to the truth of the man behind the music, that's all. Just because certain truths are ugly and unpleasant and not what we might wish they were that doesn't make them hyperbole. And no amount of trying to sanitise the past will ever actually change it.

Excuse me folks. We have an expert. Can you site what facts (non anecdotal) you are referencing?

I've been a fan of the man's music for fifty years, I've probably read a couple of dozen books on him over the years, and countless interviews, both his and those who knew and worked with him, so stop trying to paint me as if I have some secret axe to grind here. Everything I said is supported by facts from multiple accounts and sources, not just ripped out of some hack one off biography, as you tried to claim. As I said, I'm a fan of him as a musician, I'm just not blind to the truth of the man behind the music, that's all. Just because certain truths are ugly and unpleasant and not what we might wish they were that doesn't make them hyperbole. And no amount of trying to sanitise the past will ever actually change it.

This is a thread for a toy...a dollie...really no need to be pretentious.

Excuse me folks. We have an expert. Can you site what facts (non anecdotal) you are referencing?

I never claimed to be an expert, merely stated a truth, but feel free to keep trying to tear me down just because you have no other game to play.

I could spend the next half a day pulling quotes from books and interviews but what would be the point? Your mind is closed on the subject (an observation, not an insult), so nothing would be good enough for you, you just seem to want a fight, and I have no interest in wasting my time on one. Besides which, I'm not threatened by other people's opinions or views to begin with, and have no burning desire to change your or anyone elses minds anyway.

I ask again, can we just drop it and move on already?

Here is an old photo I found to prove my story

e0bb99cc55a5bd8b440ad68f8d11aeb3.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I never claimed to be an expert, merely stated a truth, but feel free to keep trying to tear me down just because you have no other game to play.

I ask again, can we just drop it and move on already?

Asking for evidence is "tearing [you] down"?

If you didn't want to discuss it, why did you comment on it to begin with?

You know what? Don't answer that.

Moving on. :wave

'I used to be bad to my woman I'd beat her and keep her away from the things that she loved... Man I was mean...'

Evidence? That's straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm not sure who these people are who want to paint Lennon as one extreme or another, apart from Goldman. Most people love his music but accept his flaws.

Being full of contradictions made him the artist that he was, but I'm sure he'd be the first to laugh at anyone who suggested, as you did pixletwin, that there was some truth in him being Jesus Christ or a benevolent alien. On the other hand he definitely was a reclusive, isolated, drugged out rockstar who certainly beat his wife.

What planet did he come from, anyway?

More like

"We're making such a great figure, look at how many views and replies are in the thread"

M8: No one is paying you to monitor those boards, so shut up and make another render!!!

Evidence? That's straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm not sure who these people are who want to paint Lennon as one extreme or another, apart from Goldman. Most people love his music but accept his flaws.

Being full of contradictions made him the artist that he was, but I'm sure he'd be the first to laugh at anyone who suggested, as you did pixletwin, that there was some truth in him being Jesus Christ or a benevolent alien. On the other hand he definitely was a reclusive, isolated, drugged out rockstar who certainly beat his wife.

What planet did he come from, anyway?

Wait a minute...wasn't that a Paul lyric..? "Getting Better"

Wait a minute...wasn't that a Paul lyric..? "Getting Better"

Paul wrote most of the song but John wrote that bit. "I used to be cruel to my woman I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved. Man I was mean but I'm changing my scene and I'm doing the best that I can."

I went to ACGHK last night after work.

Of course took a look at the prototype i already had managed expectations. One mini surprise was... the glasses actually look ok ~

The rims on the prototype were actually thin and made of metal (at least from what i can tell).

Other observations: The silicon rubber skin needs some paint, as its transparently pinkish and way too light skinned to match the head. Both Jackets are oversized and not too impressive so far but that's expected. The headsculpts have almost no skin texture detail and the poorly painted HS had really small eyes. It could be bad paint or the sunglasses distorting the overall appearance.

All in all, no surprises, looked like what i expected from the photos prior but the glasses look ok in person. The HS need to be remolded with way more detail. I'm sure they have time to fix this. Maybe its been a few days past, but i'm less worried about the figure now.

Back