Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

They would have been better off showing nothing this week than allowing us to see this mess! Usually perceived competency is more important than competency itself, but not in this case.

getting themself on ACGHK will do more harm than good especially showcasing an unfinished figure with bad paint! mind you this is not prototype anymore it is the sculpt you will receive! i bet they will have hundreds of refund request after the photo circulation and i bet they will only mass produce after paypal protection ended!

getting themself on ACGHK will do more harm than good especially showcasing an unfinished figure with bad paint! mind you this is not prototype anymore it is the sculpt you will receive! i bet they will have hundreds of refund request after the photo circulation and i bet they will only mass produce after paypal protection ended!

Exactly. If this wasn't the production piece it would be a prototype which means it would be the Kim piece with the awesome paintjob and hyper detail.

tumblr_nv7ef2wnN21r7eta3o1_500.gif

I'm pretty disappointed as well, as I've been pretty optimistic up to this point.

The face, if painted way better is passable. That hair is atrocious, like the old sideshow LOTR figures back in the day. That is totally unacceptable, they need to refine, remold whatever they have on hand. Lets just pray this is a sample from the factory and that they haven't already mass produced them already. In fact... all the stuff they showed off I hope is just a limited quantity factory sample.

Originally, i was thinking practically they can't deliver till Q1 next year. But if this is what they have on hand so far....Molecule8 needs a FULL YEAR, Q3 2018, by all means... go for it. As is... its no-name brand unlicensed figure quality. Don't rush it... take your time... make good on the promise of quality.

I'm pretty disappointed as well, as I've been pretty optimistic up to this point.

The face, if painted way better is passable. That hair is atrocious, like the old sideshow LOTR figures back in the day. That is totally unacceptable, they need to refine, remold whatever they have on hand. Lets just pray this is a sample from the factory and that they haven't already mass produced them already. In fact... all the stuff they showed off I hope is just a limited quantity factory sample.

Originally, i was thinking practically they can't deliver till Q1 next year. But if this is what they have on hand so far....Molecule8 needs a FULL YEAR, Q3 2018, by all means... go for it. As is... its no-name brand unlicensed figure quality. Don't rush it... take your time... make good on the promise of quality.

Agreed, but they need to address their customers about an extended release date.

For the life of me guys I cannot understand this whole "this is just a placeholder headsculpt, we're still improving it" comment they keep making. Who even does that and more importantly what company would even show that?

Aaaand there it is. I guess it's a fitting conclusion. Still, why wouldn't they show the glorified OG KA Kim sculpt they have laying around instead of this?

Weird how they aren't going with the original neck-being-part-of-the-head design. I wonder if it has something to do with the skeleton.

Now I'm worried for Wonka. :monkey2

They didn't even bother to have an endoskeletion on display wrapped in that industry changing silicone body so people could feel it in person.

This reminds me of every amateur looking on at the pros and saying, Meh, I reckon I could do a better job.

This reminds me of every amateur looking on at the pros and saying, Meh, I reckon I could do a better job.

More like amateurs looking on at someone claiming to be a pro, then looking on at other pros and saying, Hey, why doesn't your effort look anywhere near as good as theirs?

More like amateurs looking on at someone claiming to be a pro, then looking on at other pros and saying, Hey, why doesn't your effort look anywhere near as good as theirs?

M8 are the amateurs in this story, we're mere hobbyists most of us :)

M8 are the amateurs in this story, we're mere hobbyists most of us :)

I guess consumers might be more appropriate :lol The thing is, looking at the staff profiles involved here I don't think it's entirely fair to call M8 amateurs. It's a team of people with business and creative pipeline experience who, at least I'd assume, should have known better.

that's the prototype displaying at toy show HK, not looking as good as their renders i think.

m61Ia6p.jpg
attachment.jpg

I still can't get over them transporting the Lennon prototypes in a 3R Erich von Manstein box, this company is like the Spinal Tap of collectible figures at this point.

ACG doesn't begin properly until tomorrow/later today, I'll be interested to see if it looks any better at all under cabinet lighting and through a decent camera.

Back