Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Jesus this is bad.. unpainted sculpts hands and feet.. what the heck!

6af29b47e1eec79d2808ab5b31706fbb.jpg
spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You knew you weren't going to get KA Kim's quality but you would think they would try and get close.

Last edited:

The hair does not even sit the same , its so much higher on the crappy show display one

On the right we have John before beers. On the left we have John after 15-20 beers.

Just make sure you're drunk when you accept delivery.

Bhhaahahahaahaaha I kind of love this whole thing...

Well not really, obviously I wanted the Lennon that looked like the porto but I'll say I told you so on this. (as will many others who have been following this from the beginning, well most of us here anyways )

But I took one look at those glasses and said: nah, not possible.. sure enough they look like THAT.

I love it and it's funny because this company's arrogant stance has just really blew up in their face.

You know what though? I love Lennon, so Im still buying this but I never for one second believed this would be the revolutionary figure the company was touting.

Those images speak volumes. For this to be something they are using to promote the product at this stage is very troubling. But, unfortunately, not all that surprising. I'll go back again to every other 1/6 startup we've seen in recent years. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the kinks worked out. The reason Hot Toys is as good as they are is because they know how the factories work, and they know how to develop a prototype that will be realized pretty closely in production. Sideshow is only now starting to get the hang of that, and they're a big player. QmX, Star Ace, Shrunken Head Studios, now Molecule8 are all learning the realities of working in the 1/6 scale world.

I imagine (no pun intended) that die cast skeleton with rough edges, large screws, and sloppy paint apps. . .sad.

How about they scale things back, focus on a single outfit and sculpt, take away some of the accessories, and try to do that right instead of promising the sun and the moon, and kind of delivering, but with a product that looks like it was produced in the early 2000s by Dragon.

The buttons are what jumped out at me first.

They reminded me of the buttons on the old Action Man/GI Joe figures, and that's going back 50 years.

It's not the same shirt. It's cut entirely different. Look at the bottom hem.

Badge is bigger too, but I guess that's deliberate.

So this long-winded joke finally has a punch line.

what a punch it is- a JOKE as I always have stated. Yeah looks like a Dragon 1/6 figure from 15 years ago in quality. They shouldn't have shown those images..too late for them now.

It's been like watching a slow motion car crash. And today Molecule8 hit the wall at 88mph, but failed to progress sixth scale into the future. :monkey1

This.
While I have no interest in the figure, I've been following this thread since the beginning. While everything about them seemed shady since the start, I still had hopes they would end up with a decent figure.
Of course, this display doesn't have to mean the final figure will look this bad, but that they are even showing these at a con as if people will like it speaks volumes.

I'd be embarrassed to show up to a show if that's all I had. These guy aren't professionals, they're amateurs trying to come off like they're some revolutionary company. What a joke.

Well put- I totally agree

BBTS order cancelled..feel sorry for those who paid their money upfront already- can they get it back??

Back