Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Those Pics are from BudgetStark

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ah, I saw them briefly on Facebook before I came here and thought they were from them because you didn't credit him in your post.

That suit figure is badly put of proportion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched a video by Budget Stark... I couldn't get a link of it to share. The stuff they showed is still very rough. On his Caveat show outfit the patches look like stickers lol

4c52bdccf3d1631fa91a52dd23dfb3f7.jpg
1ed006650a847fbeb6cca08caeba16ed.jpg

Pics from BudgetStark

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Same "bits box" (3R Erich von Manstein, wonder how Lennon's estate feel about his likeness being displayed next to a Nazi field marshal? :rotfl) that's blurred out in these photos:

Looks like Kuat was on the money, those pics were taken around the 20th of this month:

M8 said they'd be showing old photos to chart the progress of the figure.

But on that little bag is what looks like a date: 7/20. So is this the progress as of 3 days ago?

Clearly they're nowhere even close to having this ready for mass production.

If this doesn't convince people to cancel their M8 preorders and go with a no risk retailer then nothing will.

That velvet jacket ain't looking good. And those hands.... I get that they're "place holders" but they haven't even gotten far enough to have some painted relaxed hands? I also don't understand why they don't just use the two painted prototype sculpts they have.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Unpainted hands, unpainted head, no glasses, 30% finished guitar

No exoskeleton to be seen, no mark 1 display case

Body on green figure looks way to bulky for the tiny man john was

Budget Stark just posted the video on FB. Maybe someone can post it. I can't on my phone. Pretty rough stuff. The glasses aren't even the nice ones they used for the picture of that nice proto sculpt. Flat paint on the sculpt, stickers on clothes etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Why does Budget Stark talk like he's a company representative?

He makes a lot of declarative statements about the eventual quality of the figure. I don't see anyone 'manning' the booth. Where did he get his info?

Stark will sometimes just regurgitate what we already know. I think the only new bit of info he provided outside of observation was about the guitar strap.

The hair looks kinda odd, like it's a helmet around the face. Casts a big shadow.

I think they look terrible. The more I look, the worse they become. They should not have them on display - I know they're "prototypes" but they are clearly rushed and thrown together.

I just can't get over the lies from this company. It's shocking. They started off saying these would be last May. How?

Why does Budget Stark talk like he's a company representative?

He makes a lot of declarative statements about the eventual quality of the figure. I don't see anyone 'manning' the booth. Where did he get his info?

Good old Budget Spam, what would we do without him? :lol

I think they look terrible. The more I look, the worse they become. They should not have them on display - I know they're "prototypes" but they are clearly rushed and thrown together.

I just can't get over the lies from this company. It's shocking. They started off saying these would be last May. How?

I actually didn't think the velvet jacket version looked too bad. Then again, it didn't look any better than any other smaller 1/6 company's work either - not that you could really say because BS absolutely has to film himself talking about an out-of-focus, grainy item in the background instead of just, you know, taking some decent still photos like a normal human being. Using actual metal for the sunglasses frames is a nice touch, as long as they don't swap them in production for some cheap plastic ones like Enterbay did with Tyler Durden.

Thing is, it's absolutely clear this company is in over its head. Apparently they bullishly thought they could just walk into the high-end figure market and turn around a product like it was a mobile app, and now reality's slapping them squarely in the face.

Good old Budget Spam, what would we do without him? :lol

I actually didn't think the velvet jacket version looked too bad. Then again, it didn't look any better than any other smaller 1/6 company's work either - not that you could really say because BS absolutely has to film himself talking about an out-of-focus, grainy item in the background instead of just, you know, taking some decent still photos like a normal human being. Using actual metal for the sunglasses frames is a nice touch, as long as they don't swap them in production for some cheap plastic ones like Enterbay did with Tyler Durden.

Thing is, it's absolutely clear this company is in over its head. Apparently they bullishly thought they could just walk into the high-end figure market and turn around a product like it was a mobile app, and now reality's slapping them squarely in the face.

There are more 1/6 figure companies then ever vying for very few warehouses for production, it doesn't seem like they did any market research or they would have known that. This company is Bush League.

Back