Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

I received this answer
I asked if they have the rights to the licences shown on website and where are they based.

"Happy you like the Lennon sculpt! We have all the licenses shown on the website, along with some others we're keeping secret at the moment. We'll be releasing more details on everything in the coming days and weeks. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, but our team is all over the world - Los Angeles, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo"

I admit I'm getting a bit excited. Kurt Russell in that quality...

If that Lennon comes out looking like that, I'll have to buy him for my father in law. He is a huge Beatles fan.

I feel like I've heard of Blitzway for quite some time prior to their Ghostbuster announcement but I never bought anything from them. Seems like they did what most new companies do: offer a figure (was it Carlito's Way or something?) from a single license to start and slowly build from there.

Anyway, if there is to be an avalanche of figures from this new company I'm all for it. I've just never seen it happen before.

Can't remember the order but Scarface and Carlto's Way were there first two in 1/6.
They then got into statues with the Bruce Lee license, followed by Marilyn, Rocky ...and back to 1/6 with Fight Club.

Scarface was their first release followed by Carlito.

Please get the Matrix licence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post here are bipolar..... one day all hail, rain, and God's wrath.. then with 1 post... its all sunny and glorious.. LMAOO

bipolar-bear.jpg

I received this answer
I asked if they have the rights to the licences shown on website and where are they based.

"Happy you like the Lennon sculpt! We have all the licenses shown on the website, along with some others we're keeping secret at the moment. We'll be releasing more details on everything in the coming days and weeks. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, but our team is all over the world - Los Angeles, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo"

Not to mention Paris and Peckham. :wink1:

Not to me.....I think they are frauds.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far every bit of information released from this company supports the old adage "if it looks to good to be true..."

This company would have to be Hot Toys size to get all those figures out in a relatively small amount of time.

This just reeks of that kid you used to know in second grade that said he had this and that, his dad was a navy seal and best friends with Harrison Ford, blah blah blah

This just reeks of that kid you used to know in second grade that said he had this and that, his dad was a navy seal and best friends with Harrison Ford, blah blah blah

Except we know at least one person in this company to be immensely talented, reputable, have seen her past work, and have seen the level of craftsmanship in new sculpts they have intentions of offering. But other than that, yeah, exactly the same.

** PASTE THE WORL'D BIGGEST FACE-PALM IMAGE HERE **

Except we know at least one person in this company to be immensely talented, reputable, have seen her past work, and have seen the level of craftsmanship in new sculpts they have intentions of offering. But other than that, yeah, exactly the same.

** PASTE THE WORL'D BIGGEST FACE-PALM IMAGE HERE **

Yeah they got a little scratch thrown together and hired a talented sculptor known to freelance to do one for them. Haven't seen anything else. Excuse me while I catch my ****ing breath.

Very hard to believe K A Kim would lend her name to a fly by night company. A little patience needed here instead of jumping to conclusions.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully its a new company pushing themselves hard to do great things.
I'm personally looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Yeah they got a little scratch thrown together and hired a talented sculptor known to freelance to do one for them.

Except it sounds like she's one of the principals, not "hired" - for all we know, some of the other people are top ppl from other companies.

I don't think these projects are going to compete at the HT level though - I get the strong impression this is for a $300+ category (for 1/6, higher for 1/4 of course) at a much higher artistic and quality level.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully its a new company pushing themselves hard to do great things.
I'm personally looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Exactly. I don't have a horse in this race, it just bothers me to see people pooping (or worse) on this debut, including the admin of this very joint (who has obvious conflicts of interest).

Good things come to those that wait. Looking forward to their first product reveal (if any) :lol

Back