Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

I am in no way a Beatles fan whatsoever but that is probably the nicest head sculpt I've ever seen the likeness is spot-on

The company 'founding' date could mean when the business was legally registered, when it was named, or even when the handshakes took place that first formed it. I don't find that date odd.

I wouldn't have found it odd if Kuat had not posted this...

Just showing that that's as much dirt as there is. Reading it again it sounds like the likelihood of bankruptcy which was averted in time?

32960596521_9d79d1138c_o.png

But looking up the law, this is what it refers to:

Blitzway itself is probably a good example of a small company that came out of nowhere with serious financial backing and accomplish a lot with licenses in a small time period, though they have never held that amount of licenses simultaneously.

I feel like I've heard of Blitzway for quite some time prior to their Ghostbuster announcement but I never bought anything from them. Seems like they did what most new companies do: offer a figure (was it Carlito's Way or something?) from a single license to start and slowly build from there.

Anyway, if there is to be an avalanche of figures from this new company I'm all for it. I've just never seen it happen before.

Last edited:

I feel like I've heard of Blitzway for quite some time prior to their Ghostbuster announcement but I never bought anything from them. Seems like they did what most new companies do: offer a figure (was it Carlito's Way or something?) from a single license to start and slowly build from there.

Anyway, if there is to be an avalanche of figures from this new company I'm all for it. I've just never seen it happen before.

*cough*Play Imaginative*cough*

They keep going under and resurrecting themselves all the time. They change names too. I think they are Comicave now.

I think they are a legitimate company but it's just the licences are already with other companies. That's what's ****ing me up. The Lennon sculpt is already one of the greatest sculpts I've ever seen. I just hope it makes it to production. I doubt KA Kim would make it for a fraudulent company.

That's two very different things. The company is a registered UK company. The LA registration you mention is a registration of a trademark on behalf of said UK company. If they are to be dealing internationally then they need this.

The very reason why they were almost struck off and dissolved. With time running out they had to act fast and get something in the works.

The page of licenses are likely what they're currently chasing, but making it look as though they have them for their business prospectus.

Or they have those licenses for digital properties from their other businesses. But not yet for physical collectibles.

No. It would only enter into compulsory strike off if the registrar has reason to believe the company is not in operation. He can only enter this view for a certain amount of factors. Namely, if annual company documents are not being submitted, if mail sent to the registered office is being returned to Companies House or if there is reason to believe that there are no directors of the company.

Reading the constitution docs there is only 1 director in place. As the compulsory strike off has been rescinded it can be safe to say the sole director is still in place and that sufficient response to Companies House, inclusive of any requested documents, has been provided.

The company would have been registered in 2015 if the company has been working on stuff since then. These things don't just happen in weeks to get to production after all. Licenses and such would have to be acquired but the company would of course have to be in place in the first instance before any of that could take place.

I'm curious where they are going with Ghostbusters. I haven't preordered from Blitzway or Soldier Story so the more choices the better.

And of course, very curious what their specific plans are for LOTR.

Do they have website?I didn't found any exept bucklet which was posted here.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Don't know anything about them but I googled them and got a ton of Iron Man figures. That's why I don't know them.

What's their story?

They keep going under and resurrecting themselves all the time. They change names too. I think they are Comicave now.

Launched on a sea of hype with Marvel, DC and other licenses. Started showing up at toy fairs with elaborate prototypes of all 42 (at the time) Iron Man armours in 1/4 and 1/12 scale, DC 1/6 figures made of diecast, etc. When they finally did release Batman and Superman in 1/6 both were disappointingly **** for their exorbitant prices, with almost every example having the much-touted remote control features broken right out the box. They finally released a couple of underwhelming 1/4 Iron Man figures 3 years late before sliding into non-existence.

Then they resurrected as Comicave, who promised much the same thing and again have mostly failed to deliver.

I'm in trouble if this company is legit and delivers on its promises. The only licenses that interest me right now are LOTR and Hobbit, but those are a HUGE amount of characters. I've been collecting all the Asmus releases and it's so hard to start all over. I've been hearing that Asmus's license runs out soon so I could see Molecule8 getting it then. Oh well, deal with it when the time comes.

I only got into collecting 1/6 figures when Hot Toys came out with Predator, Dutch and Billy. By then, the hobby had already progressed quite a bit. The quality of everything that I've collected pretty much continues to stand up. Seems like a lot of stuff may start to look obsolete though. I wonder if I can convince myself that the older stuff is now just 'nostalgic'.

I've been on to KA Kim on Instagram. She asked why fans are worried the company is fake and I just expressed our doubts about the licensing and the fact that De Niro will never sig off on merchandise.

Re Deniri, same was said about Micheal j Fox and Bill Murray for many years. Never say never.

I just recive this...

Thank you so much for your interest in Molecule8.

We are very excited to announce our forthcoming lineup of Sixth Scale and Quarter Scale figures & just in the process of putting the finishing touches to our website & launch plans

All will be revealed in the coming weeks

In the meanwhile, keep an eye on our social media pages for further updates.

Kind Regards

The Molecule8 Team

I just recive this...

We are very excited to announce our forthcoming lineup of Sixth Scale and Quarter Scale figures & just in the process of putting the finishing touches to our website & launch plans

Kind Regards

The Molecule8 Team
Sounds promissing.Please let me know, when some 1/6 line info will be up.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I just recive this...

Kind Regards

The Molecule8 Team

It's their standard response. Someone posted it a few pages back.

Re Deniri, same was said about Micheal j Fox and Bill Murray for many years. Never say never.

I don't remember anyone saying they were impossible, just no company ever put serious time into acquiring the licenses.

Strange about DeNiro and licensing, as he seems to jump into the worst rolls in some terrible movies only to phone-in a bland performance - a stark contrast to his good stuff. It's like he's working with Bruce Willis' agent or something (which in turn must be the same agent for Samuel L. Jackson).

Back