Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

this could have been a lot worse.

Seems to be, in all honesty the only redeeming value of this thing. It looks bad for the price and hype that it has and I truly believe people have tricked themselves into making it more than it is because "This could have been a lot worse." And for those saying you need it in hand I just have this to say....I don't need to touch my dog's crap to know that it's crap. I can use my eyes to see it for what it is.

Last edited:

Seems to be, in all honesty the only redeeming value of this thing. It looks bad for the price and hype that it has and I truly believe people have tricked themselves into making it more than it is because "This could have been a lot worse." And for those saying you need it in hand I just have this to say....I don't need to touch my dog's crap to know that it's crap. I can use my eyes to see it for what it is.

Or you can just accept the fact that some people like this figure with it’s good and bads and are not “tricking themselves”. I think it’s the opposite, there are a lot of haters and I cannot see the point for people wasting their time just to post “head is too small” or things that have been said over and over again.

Some people like this figure, and that doesn’t mean they think that it’s the sixth scale revolution.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I do, right or wrong, feel that people are giving this figure a pass. I know that many times figures are better in hand, but even when it's posed and photographed better there is something off about it.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I do, right or wrong, feel that people are giving this figure a pass. I know that many times figures are better in hand, but even when it's posed and photographed better there is something off about it.

3.5 out of 5

Just because its not a homerun doesn’t mean its a train wreck.

Just because many don’t think it’s train wreck doesn’t mean we think it’s a home run.

There are more shades to this than black and white.

I agree It's not a train wreck. All figures have some issues. It comes across as very average at best. Perhaps, I'm just a tad disappointed because I did want a Lennon figure. The issues I'm seeing just make it hard to justify the going rate of this figure. I do believe the price on this will steadily go up due to the nature of the subject. I don't know what it is with this figure it just doesn't look right; and I'm usually fairly lenient with figures.

I think naturally the whole story leading up to this release has put some tinted glasses on collectors.
If we factor that out and see it more objectively, it is a pretty good figure. No one is saying that including price, hassle, lies and everything that this totally redeems the figure. People that have it are saying it's pretty decent. Average score is all around a 7/10 which I think is fair. No one is saying the outcome FAR outweighs the drama that comes with it.

Still waiting for mine to arrive. I think some of the criticisms really do come from people that were disappointed and wanted to own this. Whether or not they feel its worth it or justified, are just voicing honest opinions and figuring it out. However, to be fair, some criticisms are just people that want to **** on everything. They can't let go of this thread of negativity and need to continue to keep up this dying momentum of ripping on M8. Trolls that never really wanted to buy this in the first place and want something to laugh at. Final group of people just want to make jokes at M8's expense, whether its funny or not... well humor is subjective.

Some people aren’t bothered by the things you’re bothered by that’s all. Me, I can’t get past the scale of the head or guitar, I expect better tailoring at this price point and the body is too chunky. I wouldn’t pay $150 for it.

On the other hand I paid $300 for an R2-D2 figure that had unsightly indentations on the compartments, inexplicably screen-inaccurate rivets and a plastic dome that should have been metal. And it was slightly underscale. I bought it and I’m happy with it, so.... ehh.

If they can address the issues they had with Lennon then maybe this could be a chance to redeem themselves.
With Hot Toys almost doing no license other than Disney it kinda feels good to have a company that wants to do these licenses.

I guess we'll see where Wonka takes us.

3.5 out of 5

Just because its not a homerun doesn’t mean its a train wreck.

Just because many don’t think it’s train wreck doesn’t mean we think it’s a home run.

There are more shades to this than black and white.

And really most companies have some level of setting higher than achievable expectations. Only company I'm almost never disappointed with in some way is HT... but having said that they also have misteps and even when I have a disappointment I'm usually happy with the figure overall and can accept nothing is perfect.

Case in point, the recent Dengar from Sideshow is pretty solid overall figure... the rubber headdress is a little funky and the paint could be better; but still a figure I'm glad to have. And he was only $50 less than Lennon :lol

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

So, someone made a George Lucas Lennon

91750d2838949d747cbd7bdb87dfb8ea.jpg

This thread has really lost its charm.

>>goes off to find the Wonka thread<<

Just received mine. It’s better than I thought. Of course the flaws are there, but I think it’s a very nice figure.

a67b9bf681a42c073644150173785cb3.jpg

Back