InArt - Ron Weasley 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Harry Potter is about kids going to wizard school, 3 children in wizard robe school uniforms does seem like the most appropriate starting point to represent the franchise over the adults-playing-teens dressed in worn out Primark’s finest from the final movies.

Just sold off my Tobey Spider-Man which just about covers the price of Ron so that’s a big win. When HT drops the ball, InArt wallops it into the back of the net.

I’ll also be waiting a lil bit to see how GunDamit price the deluxe. I can get a boat load of store points since I’m a premium member.

Since Harry Potter is about kids going to wizard school, 3 children in wizard robe school uniforms does seem like the most appropriate starting point to represent the franchise over the adults-playing-teens dressed in worn out Primark’s finest from the final movies.

Just sold off my Tobey Spider-Man which just about covers the price of Ron so that’s a big win. When HT drops the ball, InArt wallops it into the back of the net.

I’ll also be waiting a lil bit to see how GunDamit price the deluxe. I can get a boat load of store points since I’m a premium member.
Same. That's part of why I bought BvS Superman from them not to mention having the best price at the time I think. I also have almost $200 worth of points with them, though I'm thinking of saving that for FansToys Optimus

I purchased both the deluxe Harry and deluxe Ron from Kit. I will get Hermione and any other Harry Potter figures if they are done from him as well. This is a franchise that I want the figures as soon as possible.

With how heavy this probably be, I would be a little afraid of what the shipping price could end up as. The Spec prices are nice, but I don't want to wait another 3-6 months on this line.

Are the dioramas made from poly stone?

Would be nice if InArt showed a little restraint in that regard and made it hollow with plastic.
Yeah I’m not a fan of making thinks unnecessarily heavy. Weight holds no value visually. Never understood why some people felt a statue was a rip off if it wasn’t heavy. I’d rather take a durable plastic statue, base, or diorama than one made of heavy, brittle polystone.

John also said Hermione and the Harris Dumbledore are definitely happening. He would like to see Hagrid done, but InArt will see how those do if they will continue on with more from there.

For Lord of the Rings, they got such good feedback from Gandalf that they are now working on protos for Legolas, Frodo, and Sam.

Jesus that price puts this out of my comfort zone - the truth is out of the kids I am perfectly content only collecting Harry, Ron + Hermione would make for an incredible set, but I would only be able to get the deluxe versions as I have committed to the deluxe Harry and for the three thats just more than I want to be spending.
Its a pity because as always I AM IN LOVE with the accessories and the diorama.

John also said Hermione and the Harris Dumbledore are definitely happening. He would like to see Hagrid done, but InArt will see how those do if they will continue on with more from there.

For Lord of the Rings, they got such good feedback from Gandalf that they are now working on protos for Legolas, Frodo, and Sam.

Okay that just solidifies the choice for me to skip Ron and Hermione - I would rather have Harris Dumbledore and Hagrid, and I am heavily invested in the Lord of the Rings line.

Would love to see them do Snape eventually. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore and Snape would make for a great lineup.

S3URGO0.png

main-qimg-15e5a53cae05de9087f713990d281676-lq

OSK:
Deluxe- $586
Standard- $420
Can use $10 off coupon
Shipping included

Spec: w/deposit
Deluxe- $535
Standard- $405
Can use $15 off coupon
Goes up $15 in price after June 30th
Free shipping for Continental US
Pay in full and it's $10 cheaper for either.
$420US = $572CAN.

I think the figure looks fantastic (both versions), but price may be too rich for me. Having only purchased one 1/6 last year (AOTC C-3PO) and having just Aragorn and AOTC Anakin in my que for what I am assuming will be released in 2024 it does leave 2025 open for me. Could Ron fill the spot? Not sure. To be honest I’m not sure which character I would pay $572 for these days!!

What!? Only NOW are they starting LEGOLAS????

He was among their first silhouetted teases 2 years ago.

I'm very happy to hear about Frodo and Sam. I hope Gimli is also on the short list... whatever that means.

What!? Only NOW are they starting LEGOLAS????

He was among their first silhouetted teases 2 years ago.

I'm very happy to hear about Frodo and Sam. I hope Gimli is also on the short list... whatever that means.
Yeah, that's the way he was acting. He more or less said depending on how feedback comes in for a figure for some franchises, that could determine if they can proceed future with a line and grow their licensing territories.

They received great feedback from the license holder and customers on Gandalf, so they started working on those 3 prototypes. He didn't mentioned how long those have been in the works. I haven't finished all of the video either.

Wish they'd do Snape and McGonagall. Hagrid would be cool too. But I like the idea of Harry on display, flanked by Hermoine and Ron, and Dumbledore flanked by McGonagall and Snape.

There's a few other Harry Potter characters I'd love to see them tackle. Neville, Ginny, Draco, Sirius, and Lupin would be tops on my list.

Very disappointed no Boromir or Gimli yet. Boromir is the most desperately needed Lord of the Rings characters, there's just never been a good Bean sculpt. Easy for them to re-work it into a Ned Stark.

Would imagine Gimli would be a ton of RnD, I remember Asmus saying how challenging the beard was to get right. Probably even moreso at the InArt level of detail.

I listened to the whole interview and my read on it was they were working on Legolas for a bit (his costume was in the BTS video Justin did) but are waiting for a company that owns the digitization of the original props to get as accurate as possible (feedback from Gandalf). Apparently they are busy and not very responsive (probably with all the new Tolkien projects being worked on, Rings of Power, new animated series/short, Hunt for Gollum Trilogy). He was asked directly about Legolas and said he should be up for pre order this year assuming the company they are waiting for for digitized assets (costume, weapons, etc) to get back to them in time. Proto might be at SDCC.

The positive feedback has them looking at the Hobbits.

I listened to the whole interview and my read on it was they were working on Legolas for a bit (his costume was in the BTS video Justin did) but are waiting for a company that owns the digitization of the original props to get as accurate as possible (feedback from Gandalf). Apparently they are busy and not very responsive (probably with all the new Tolkien projects being worked on, Rings of Power, new animated series/short, Hunt for Gollum Trilogy). He was asked directly about Legolas and said he should be up for pre order this year assuming the company they are waiting for for digitized assets (costume, weapons, etc) to get back to them in time. Proto might be at SDCC.

The positive feedback has them looking at the Hobbits.

When you say ‘his costume was in the BTS’ do you mean the actual 1/6 one? Do you have a link to this if so please?

When you say ‘his costume was in the BTS’ do you mean the actual 1/6 one? Do you have a link to this if so please?
It was in the BTS video but was taken down and reuploaded with lots of WIP stuff removed. I believe it was because folks spotted some HT and customs for TDK and thought that confirmed InArt was working on them but what it really meant was they study rival products.

Anyways, credit to user stopboringme for grabbing a screencap. Here's a link to the post: https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/inart-the-lord-of-the-rings-aragorn-1-6.245491/page-128

Note to admins, I realize this is off topic and will no longer discuss LOTR characters in this thread. I don't believe there is a general InArt LOTR thread but we could probably carry on this discussion in either the Gandalf or Aragorn thread. Anyways, back to Ron!

It was in the BTS video but was taken down and reuploaded with lots of WIP stuff removed. I believe it was because folks spotted some HT and customs for TDK and thought that confirmed InArt was working on them but what it really meant was they study rival products.

Anyways, credit to user stopboringme for grabbing a screencap. Here's a link to the post: https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/inart-the-lord-of-the-rings-aragorn-1-6.245491/page-128

Note to admins, I realize this is off topic and will no longer discuss LOTR characters in this thread. I don't believe there is a general InArt LOTR thread but we could probably carry on this discussion in either the Gandalf or Aragorn thread. Anyways, back to Ron!
Amazing thank you!

Back