Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Ok so i've been following this roller coaster of a thread since this figure got announced, don't think i've ever posted in it. I love the Beatles and Lennon, and after seeing some of your guys pics i hate to say it but I kind of want to pick one up. Some pictures I see the proportions look ok, others they look terrible. My question is do you guys think the price of this will drop on the secondary market? I definitely wouldn't pay the full retail for one but if I came across a good deal I'm not sure i could resist

Just because of the uniqueness of the figure, and the appeal beyond the obvious 1/6 community, I'm sure this will fetch some hefty prices on the secondary market.

Been playing with this, final display pose
52f80a20179430b2e2e10cbfc04a7f72.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I really don't see this going down in price maybe only increasing - I suppose it depends on a few things.

Just watched Ric's review about dipping the head forward a bit and that seems to look way better and less giraffe neck.

I have to agree, as soon as it sells out or the preorder ends they will rise, and I think also because its Beatles it will be sought after as there is nothing on the market of this quality and that customer base is so large.

As long as people don't start selling them off, the price will hold and most likely increase.

I dunno... I can’t see anyone but a 1/6 collector getting excited about this. The articulation doesn’t appeal in the same way as a Michael Jackson figure, it might as well be a statue to most people. But the costume and accessories are unique enough that it’ll be a hard kit bash, so its resale should be pretty good. A few figures have copped a bit of flak on release only to go on to triple in value, this could easily be one of those.

Ok so i've been following this roller coaster of a thread since this figure got announced, don't think i've ever posted in it. I love the Beatles and Lennon, and after seeing some of your guys pics i hate to say it but I kind of want to pick one up. Some pictures I see the proportions look ok, others they look terrible. My question is do you guys think the price of this will drop on the secondary market? I definitely wouldn't pay the full retail for one but if I came across a good deal I'm not sure i could resist

I've already seen a couple pop up on the secondary market for 275 and free shipping. Just keep your eyes open.

There will probably be a slight dip in price initially. It will be parted out. Some will be re-sold. This type of item tends to end up in the hands of collectors who don't necessarily sell their collection pieces. Once that happens prices will increase.

Isn't this an OE with just the first 1k getting certificates? Or does this have an official ES? Because I could see them pumping these out to Beatles collectors for awhile.

Isn't this an OE with just the first 1k getting certificates? Or does this have an official ES? Because I could see them pumping these out to Beatles collectors for awhile.

AFAIK it was just the first 1000. I don't think they said anything else, if I were them I'd just pump them out in perpetuity while they're selling.

I wonder what it'd take for them to be able to release Sgt Pepper Beatles.

There's a whole musicians line-up market there to be tapped. Hendrix, Elvis and a few other legends have reasonably broad appeal.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I wonder what it'd take for them to be able to release Sgt Pepper Beatles.

There's a whole musicians line-up market there to be tapped. Hendrix, Elvis and a few other legends have reasonably broad appeal.

The Beatles licensor (Apple Ltd.) prohibits realistic likeness representation of any Beatle for mass production in toy or video games. Ringo, Paul, and the estates of John and George would have to sign off on it for that to change. Georges estate will not allow it.

TFTI, what a bummer. I wonder how I'd feel about being made into a toy in my megastar existence...

I’m really looking forward to getting mine . Any idea when sideshow will ship theirs?

It looks to be a kind of bad release but honestly I’ve spent more for worse. I recently picked up the cult king frank serpico for way more than this goes for and with an ill fitting hat, lack of earring, no fancy jewelry (and he wore a lot) and a mediocre outfit from one of the least memorable scenes in the movie not to mention needing a body swap and an underscsled slightly off likeness. All that to say because I enjoy the actor (more so the actor than the movie or character) I really wanted him in my collection and I enjoy the figure after some work.

This has many of the same issues with scale and slightly off likeness and needing a body swap. But JL is important to me and I know after a bit of TLc I’ll like this a lot. 300 dollars for what you get here is actually a decent value these days.

The company sucks ass and is full of blowhards because they talk the talk but barely crawl... but I still am rooting for them. Jaws and taxi driver need some love from someone and you know hot toys will never touch that and blitzway is busy making figures of movies no one saw 20 years ago.

Despite having an undersized head, I think it’s a great figure, and the perception changes a lot in hand. With the right pose, the neck issue can be hidden easily.

950e17d0624589af3ddbaac765209585.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

TFTI, what a bummer. I wonder how I'd feel about being made into a toy in my megastar existence...

With George I believe it was a religious thing toward the end.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I’m really looking forward to getting mine . Any idea when sideshow will ship theirs?

It looks to be a kind of bad release but honestly I’ve spent more for worse. I recently picked up the cult king frank serpico for way more than this goes for and with an ill fitting hat, lack of earring, no fancy jewelry (and he wore a lot) and a mediocre outfit from one of the least memorable scenes in the movie not to mention needing a body swap and an underscsled slightly off likeness. All that to say because I enjoy the actor (more so the actor than the movie or character) I really wanted him in my collection and I enjoy the figure after some work.

This has many of the same issues with scale and slightly off likeness and needing a body swap. But JL is important to me and I know after a bit of TLc I’ll like this a lot. 300 dollars for what you get here is actually a decent value these days.

The company sucks ass and is full of blowhards because they talk the talk but barely crawl... but I still am rooting for them. Jaws and taxi driver need some love from someone and you know hot toys will never touch that and blitzway is busy making figures of movies no one saw 20 years ago.

Glad to see you got the Serpico. I wanted one too, but couldn't get past some of the issues, especially for the cost. You are the first person I know of that has one in hand. Can you post some pictures of your magic?

Glad to see you got the Serpico. I wanted one too, but couldn't get past some of the issues, especially for the cost. You are the first person I know of that has one in hand. Can you post some pictures of your magic?

I definitely will for you bud! I’ll put it in my custom thread and pm you once it’s there. It’s weird as I’m the only person I know got one too, I never even got a note from Denny it was out. First one he never sent info about for me. I got it off of eBay on one of those days where you get a 20%off promo code and shaved off a hundred bucks which knocked it back to the original price but wirh shipping included.

Yeah like the issues are totally not justifiable for the price.

I forgot to mention I did a few paint tweaks. Like with most CK sculpts the technical paint job is great but they miss the bit about likeness that comes from a paint job that I find many painters with great skill overlook.

I found I was able to radically transform lee van cleef, Gibson braveheart, Jesse, Jules and even help Pesci our a bit with very minimal paint application tweaks.

So I enhanced his eye bags and cheek bone area to bring out maximum Pacino. It helps but when you stack it against the Michael Corleone or the entrrbay Scarface you can tell it suffers a bit in likeness.

I feel he has that same problem that Jules and Vincent had and that’s the underside and distorted casting. The bridge of his nose is super thin and it throws off the likeness.

Sorry about the detail folks, I know this is the Lennon thread!

Back