Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

This wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Due to the overwhelming backlash from the John Lennon fan community we decided against going ahead with production on the figure. If you purchased a figure from us please contact us for a full refund and we'll try to accommodate you. Our sincerest apologies.

Molecule 8

Honestly, the clothes look pretty good. Even if the paint job isn't the best it can always be redone as long as the sculpt stays as close to that prototype as possible. This may turn out OK.

Who knows, he had a pretty nice apt right across from Central Park though. So he clearly enjoyed his creature comforts.

I mean, I used to have to sell random John Lennon stuff at the Hard Rock for the "Imagine there's no hunger" yearly campaign. Mainly pins, but they all had his signature and that little doodle he did of himself. His estate is not above selling his image.

Exactly! There are a bunch of hypocritical BS artist in the John Lennon fan community. I don’t want to hear anything about him be against materialism. Do you know how much Beatles merch exists? And I’m talking about from when he was alive. And as far as the whole quote about television sets I find that kind of hypocritical as well because they performed plenty of times on television. Bottom line is so what if someone made an action figure of him. Most of the time people that collect action figures are collecting them because of the love they have for that particular character or person. So that to me is in ultimate sign of respect and homage. And just to clear it up I’m not talking at you LOL I am agreeing with you and just adding to the Conversation. I just don’t want you to take it the wrong way LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! There are a bunch of hypocritical BS artist in the John Lennon fan community. I don’t want to hear anything about him be against materialism. Do you know how much Beatles merch exists? And I’m talking about from when he was alive. And as far as the whole quote about television sets I find that kind of hypocritical as well because they performed plenty of times on television. Bottom line is so what if someone made an action figure of him. Most of the time people that collect action figures are collecting them because of the love they have for that particular character or person. So that to me is in ultimate sign of respect and homage. And just to clear it up I’m not talking at you LOL I am agreeing with you and just adding to the Conversation. I just don’t want you to take it the wrong way LOL

All celebrities and pro athletes are hypocrites. Their second job is shilling products they don't use. Quotes like the TV one is probably why most of the Facebook fans think Lennon would hate Molecule 8's "materialistic crap".

In 1980, to mark Lennon's 40th birthday, Elton sent him a little verse: 'Imagine six apartments / It isn't hard to do / One is full of fur coats / The other's full of shoes.

Yeah was shocked by the comments. Some were bitching about it being materialistic and Lennon would not approve. I’m pretty sure that nice piano he bought, loads of guitars, rolls royce, great clothes, multiple homes and reprints of his records say otherwise. They talk about him like he was Jesus... but even Jesus had frickin’ statues and merch up the wazoo! [emoji17]
I think the Lennon estate knew John much better than any of these people. I still don’t agree with molecule8’s approach but they aren’t *****ting on John’s legacy.

I think people are confusing who the man was compared to who he wanted to be. He clearly didn't live his music due to his lifestyle but he obviously wanted to. Sadly, when the famous pass people create their own versions of them in their head.

I finally feel sorry for Molecule 8. Anything to do with the Beatles and Lennon always brings out the nut jobs. It's hilarious to see fans saying that this is some kind of sell out by the estate when Lennon was a complete materialistic hypocrite and an utter bastard to boot.

I finally feel sorry for Molecule 8. Anything to do with the Beatles and Lennon always brings out the nut jobs. It's hilarious to see fans saying that this is some kind of sell out by the estate when Lennon was a complete materialistic hypocrite and an utter bastard to boot.

I wouldn't be so quick to feel bad for them, I think they would of expected a hostile reception. That said, it has actually got more 5k likes more than a lot of there other Lennon posts and its only been on a few days.

I wouldn't be so quick to feel bad for them, I think they would of expected a hostile reception. That said, it has actually got more 5k likes more than a lot of there other Lennon posts and its only been on a few days.

Read the comments, it's likely not translating to a huge bump in sales.

The comments on the Lennon Facebook page are quite spicy e.g. the most liked comment so far is, "Would imagine he would be turning in his grave at this awful piece of materialistic crap."

Aren't these people the target audience?

And there you have the results of what happens when you print the legend, rather than the truth. People take the legend as truth, and after that no amount of truth will ever change or shake those rusted on views.

Lennon was a great musician and a cultural icon. He was also a poseur, an egotist, a publicity whore, and a hypocrite. Just because he knew how to market a message, that doesn't mean he lived the message he sold. Image and reality are rarely the same thing, even rarer when money is concerned, and they certainly weren't in John Lennon's case. Like most artists with the drive to achieve greatness, he was a complicated individual, full of contradictions. And therefore any fan who thinks they can speak to what Lennon would have thought or wanted is only fooling themselves.

Hate to say it, but with all their false promises and lies, they deserve the Lennon group backlash. Karma.

Let's hope they learn their lesson and don't try and pull the same BS with Wonka.

Back