Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

LOL, so all of a sudden, they have 2 new head to show off ?

helmet head

Looks slightly less awful in the new pics, but why are they so small? It's almost like they're trying to hide something by not showing off the details at a good resolution.

Also when I say "slightly less awful", it's still far behind the standards of the industry or their initial promises. The hair is particularly terrible.

Now they're just being aholes. They don't care what you think because you'll be happy! lol Yesh.

aholes.jpg

My guess is they may not have that sculpt anymore.

Maybe she just lends the sculpt for 3D rendering and that's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I was thinking too. It seems like they no longer, if ever, had the original sculpt in hand. I can't get over how the hair, especially in the front, is so different. The strands are shorter and thicker than the proto.

I will keep my preorder. i preordered the figure from a german distributor and i have nothing to lose.

Safe and smart thing to do. I'll hold on to a render of my PO as it's much better than the real thing.

Really the quesetion M8 should be asking themselves is this:

Does the average paying customer want to pay for the figure on faith and see a detailed progression of the figure unfold from renders to production? Or would they rather just see what it is they are paying for?

It's hard to believe anyone would be an apologist for this. Comparing this to a freak out over a HT prototype vs. final product is absurd. The situation is vastly different from the history of the company, to the interaction between creators and collectors, to claims made about the product.
Firstly, they continue to make ridiculous shipping dates KNOWING they are nowhere near shipping. They've shown off pictures of accessories that they claim are old when we know they aren't given what we see in these pictures giving the collectors the a false sense of development. This alone would make anyone think they're either shady or completely inept. Initially they show off a killer head sculpt and details of what looks like a great Lennon release for a fair price. Later we see pictures of Lennon in his green shirt, which looks fairly well tailored, in the packaging only to show up at this show ( their first one) with a vastly different green army shirt that looks like it came from a Dragon figure circa 2006. And no, that's not hyperbole. It's awful. And the sculpt took a nosedive, too, with flat thick acrylic paint on the hair, and flat non-detailed skin on the face. I just wish I knew how they went from earlier better material to displaying that ugly figure at a public show. It makes you wonder about their judgement.
One positive I will say is that the full black outfit with flip-flops actually looks good. I don't see any problems with it. But I also suspect that is probably everyones least favorite outfit and the easiest to make.lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe anyone would be an apologist for this. Comparing this to a freak out over a HT prototype vs. final product is absurd. The situation is vastly different from the history of the company, to the interaction between creators and collectors, to claims made about the product.
Firstly, they continue to make ridiculous shipping dates KNOWING they are nowhere near shipping. They've shown off pictures of accessories that they claim are old when we know they aren't given what we see in these pictures giving the collectors the a false sense of development. This alone would make anyone think they're either shady or completely inept. Initially they show off a killer head sculpt and details of what looks like a great Lennon release for a fair price. Later we see pictures of Lennon in his green shirt, which looks fairly well tailored, in the packaging only to show up at this show ( their first one) with a vastly different green army shirt that looks like it came from a Dragon figure circa 2006. And no, that's not hyperbole. It's awful. And the sculpt took a nosedive, too, with flat thick acrylic paint on the hair, and flat non-detailed skin on the face. I just wish I knew how they went from earlier better material to displaying that ugly figure at a public show. It makes you wonder about their judgement.
One positive I will say is that the full black outfit with flip-flops actually looks good. I don't see any problems with it. But I also suspect that is probably everyones least favorite outfit and the easiest to make.lol

:lecture This

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been vocal because I'm really disappointed. Their promises and what they started off showing were great. Had me hooked from the start. Looked like a great startup company that we could all get behind. Seemed like a good niche market too. I was in for both figures and more. Now, I just don't trust them.

Does the average paying customer want to pay for the figure on faith and see a detailed progression of the figure unfold from renders to production? Or would they rather just see what it is they are paying for?

I would respectfully suggest that this would never be a genuine dilemma for them - the whole 'progression' thing is just BS to cover up for how badly things have gone wrong.

this is probably kinda trivial
but do they send representative to stand by at ACGHK? I guess the one that delivered the proto to the event was some person from the factory, considering how the figure packaged, and I don't see one on the video/photos

since this is their first convention, I think representative is quite important to share some info, and show how serious they are in this?
and one of the comment that defending them comparing them to QMX, but QMX usually have a representative on their booth

Blitzway at comic con , just a rough idea to customers of what they will be getting

e4b794ef-7cba-4eee-a517-cc8a38627113.jpg

The question they need to ask themselves is do they understand the high end collectible market, preferably the 1/6 market. A bad picture of something will cause a **** storm. Good pictures of a poorly made offering will be the death kneel of it.

That is why industry leaders like Hot Toys and Sideshow are not transparent on their production process.

Hey Amstel, any news on that refund yet from 2 Overton Drive, E11 2NJ? You could always drop the Wanstead Safer Neighbourhoods team a line and ask their advice.

I've only received two messages and an email from them today, and they kept saying I'll get my refund...
...very shortly...
...soon...
...don't worry...

[emoji23]

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Crappy phone pics aside, here is what I see.

Soft features on the sculpt. Subpar threezero paint apps. Hair is a separate piece from the head which never looks good (imo). Pale phicen style body where the skin is nearly translucent. Oversized buttons on the clothing .

Generally not what I expect from a company touting their next-level designs, charging $300 for their first release.

This looks like a $150 head and clothing set I would find on eBay.

Last edited:

It's going to be fantastic , none of you are true Lennon fans if you can't wait for perfection! John would be upset with your hate and spite!

I've only received two messages and an email from them today, and they kept saying I'll get my refund...
...very shortly...
...soon...
...don't worry...

[emoji23]

Just a Rough picture of what you will be receiving soon

new_image.png

new_image.png

new_image.png

Back