Modern Day Scarface Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cept Tony Montana would eat baldy for breakfast.

GaAq2QS.png

Here's how I see it regarding the so-tired whine of "Hollywood is out of ideas."
First, no, it's not. The ratio of original productions to remakes each year is something probably very lopsided in favor of originals. The complaint doesn't even make any sense anyway. It's just become a reaction, something to say with no thought behind it.

Second, the great, successful stage plays are regularly recreated by new directors and producers, using different actors and direction changes, so that they can all put their own spin on the same story. They are often translated to film as well, then again redone for the stage. People go again and again to see a fresh take on something they love.
I don't see much difference in that being done with movies. Updated for the times, or for a different approach to telling the same story, whatever the reasons, it neither diminishes the previous version(s) for me, nor does it upset me. I welcome it in most any case.

I think it can happen with gun trafficking or sex trafficking. You'd be surprised at people involved and empires built.

My issue is that the lifestyle is slightly glamorized. I've never seen Scarface, but I plan; my thing is: is Tony ever likeable?

You get these main characters and when they have a downfall, you seem to have a pity for them despite all the ****ed up **** they do. My example is A Clockwork Orange .

It could be decent is my thing, kind of like Bond, take a kingpin and put their vices and all; it could work.

Say hello to my little friend...

*Kidnapped girl laughs*

Back