Modem and Router GURUS! need your Help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p!tu

Shiz-lakin-a-craka-lakin™
Reaction score
So when i moved in 3 years ago i was able to hook up 2 modems. Loved it. As i could play Xbox in my room and Download or Upload in the office without the connection buggin down.

One of my modems died so i got i new one and activating it, It shut down service on the other one cause i am only paying to have one. Apparently we got lucky the first time and comcast didn't know we had 2 modems.

So it will cost me $45 for the service on the other modem. My question to you is: Can i get the same level of connectivity, That being that i can play Xbox and Upload videos at the same time with no problem, with another solution that doesnt not involve 2 Modems?

If so. Please lend me your expertise. It will be Much appreciated.

Here is my equipment.
Modem - SB5101u Motorola
Router - Cisco Linksys E2000 & E1000 (The E-1000 is not in use as it doesnt have the Modem)

Thank you for any help!

It would have been for the same service. But i figured out that my Modem was chocking my connection as it was a DOCSIS 2.0. So i got a 3.0 plus an Extender which solved my problem. :yess:

Back