Model Master Skin Tone Warm????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drod26

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know what colors to mix to get a similar color as the Skin Tone Warm by Model Master.

Why not just buy the model master acryl? The consistency, color are all vastly superior to anything I've seen. If you're going to spend the time repainting, why not have it look as nice as you can.
Also, MMA warm flesh has to be lightened and thinned a bit before you can use it. Its a bit too red for flesh.

Why not just buy the model master acryl? The consistency, color are all vastly superior to anything I've seen. If you're going to spend the time repainting, why not have it look as nice as you can.
Also, MMA warm flesh has to be lightened and thinned a bit before you can use it. Its a bit too red for flesh.

I have alot of liquitex paint right now and dont want to waste it. Most likely I am going to replace all my paints with model masters. its going to cost me around $40... I should off bought these before the liquitex.. :banghead

Would this be the shopping list for model masters. Thanks to mooncats treat from back in the days...:D
> Skin Tone Light FG02001
> Item tes4601
> Skin Tone Dark FG02002
> Item tes4602
> Skin Tone Warm FG02003
> Item tes4603
> Skin Tone Shadow FG02004
> Item tes4604
> Burnt Sienna 1/2 oz. FG02007
> Item tes4607
> Leather 1/2 oz. GP00666
> Item tes4674
> Rust 1/2 oz. GP00668
> Item tes4675
> Burnt Umber 1/2 oz. FG02005
> Item tes4605

Last edited:
I have alot of liquitex paint right now and dont want to waste it. Most likely I am going to replace all my paints with model masters. its going to cost me around $40... I should off bought these before the liquitex.. :banghead

Would this be the shopping list for model masters. Thanks to mooncats treat from back in the days...:D
> Skin Tone Light FG02001
> Item tes4601
> Skin Tone Dark FG02002
> Item tes4602
> Skin Tone Warm FG02003
> Item tes4603
> Skin Tone Shadow FG02004
> Item tes4604
> Burnt Sienna 1/2 oz. FG02007
> Item tes4607
> Leather 1/2 oz. GP00666
> Item tes4674
> Rust 1/2 oz. GP00668
> Item tes4675
> Burnt Umber 1/2 oz. FG02005
> Item tes4605

Those are what I use. I get the Warm tint and the Skin Tone light, and mix some variants from those also, so get LOTS of Warm and STL. Lots of Burnt Umber and Leather also. Great paints.

Thanks Les, going to be placing my order this week. so i should have it by the end of the week.

What do you use burnt umber and leather for?

Just order the model master paint, It should be here in a few days. I can not wait to try them. :rock

Skin tone receipe: base flesh + warm flesh :) what do you think?

I received my new paints last week and may I say, what a difference these paints make over my old acrylics I was utilizing. The paint goes on smoother and the colors are right now. Just need to keep practicing my layer technics. Ill post some pics of current sculpt that I am painting that so far I am very happy with...

These are what I use as well. They're excellent, but get some stirrers to mix the paint instead of shaking them. Shaking them dries them out faster.

i dont think customs would let them through Drod;

They even held up an order of horse-hair brushes for my cousin a few weeks back saying "they could have bee a security risk"

I think they're all a bit soft in the head lately...its the heat

So what do you fellows think, Im a rookie at painting and a little help goes a long way. I need some input on Anakin he is still work on progress.. :chew These two awesome detail cast were available by Paul Carlson incase you are wondering...
I know pics suck...

Theres some great definition in the Anakin paint app (looking at the solo pic), cant see to well in the group shot (too much darkness)

When its time to put the whites of the eyes in, maybe do a very watered down was of the base tone (dont know what you call it for the model-masters paints) just to bring out the "red tussue" under the eyelids...be sure to collect the majority of the wash off the eye again before it dries tho, or his eyes will look blood-shot :D

Not having done much-to-any hair work (Bane being bald and all) i cant really comment on his hair...lol

You've got some great tonal work there tho, pictures i've found NEVER do paint apps real justice, you have to actually see them to really see the full effect :)

Great work tho Drod, keep it up son :D

SJ

One more pic a little better.. Phantom thanks for the tip mate... Going to work on the eyes either today or tomorrow...

Back