MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone has a MOS collar to sell?
Damaged mine need a replacement.
Thanks

20140128_204311.jpg

I hope this doesn't offend the purist among you, but this is a test fit of the MOS suit on a KPO2. I started a custom using a KPO3 with MOS arms. I postponed the finish after I saw the KPO2XLL modified with muscular legs. I wanted to see how the suit looks on a KPO2. IMAG0895.jpgIMAG0898.jpg

Anyone have any idea how to make a custom MOS collar? I'm sorry I missed out on Tony's offering. The stock collar isn't bad. It just may not work as well with the KP body.

Anyone have any idea how to make a custom MOS collar? I'm sorry I missed out on Tony's offering. The stock collar isn't bad. It just may not work as well with the KP body.

sorry, but you mean Tony Mei has offered a custom collar?
never saw that, or i would have taken it...

he did make it... only limited to 25 collar. And i bought one of it

Did he make it with the correct color too? I wish Hot Toys would just do a version 2 of this figure and fix the small problem details. I don't know why they got them wrong in the first place.

Did he make it with the correct color too? I wish Hot Toys would just do a version 2 of this figure and fix the small problem details. I don't know why they got them wrong in the first place.
no it's the same black collar color, however someone mention that they have actually seen the costume in person and it was 100% black.... my guess is that it more a dark "steel" color, like bullet black/blue , where the color shine off its surrounding... (i think)

But don't worry... I'm pretty sure hot toys will make more Henry Cavill Superman in the near future... with all the new DC movies coming up..

no it's the same black collar color, however someone mention that they have actually seen the costume in person and it was 100% black.... my guess is that it more a dark "steel" color, like bullet black/blue , where the color shine off its surrounding... (i think)

But don't worry... I'm pretty sure hot toys will make more Henry Cavill Superman in the near future... with all the new DC movies coming up..

Here it looks like the blue color.

Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props: Man of Steel Superman suit on display... Original film costumes and props on display

I don't know how you can get black to look that blue. I think I'm going to want a first appearance Superman. From what I've seen so far, I like the look of the Man of Steel vs the Dawn of Justice Superman. We'll see. I think I read somewhere that a teaser trailer is coming soon.

Here it looks like the blue color.

Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props: Man of Steel Superman suit on display... Original film costumes and props on display

I don't know how you can get black to look that blue. I think I'm going to want a first appearance Superman. From what I've seen so far, I like the look of the Man of Steel vs the Dawn of Justice Superman. We'll see. I think I read somewhere that a teaser trailer is coming soon.
I think you're right! i guess the person who actually saw the suit didn't see it clearly or something. However the best repaint for MOS hot toys has to be the one owen1313 did

a4142a7211476679c61d0f8dc3c05425.jpg

and for the BvS, I think it's not too bad, just the rectangular belt kinda bother me a little; the best view of the new suit would be from the ALS ice challenge of Henry Cavill... Without Snyder's filter... Lol

Henry Cavill Wears Superman Suit For ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - YouTube

and the only teaser i know is the one from SDCC14☺

Thought I'd post this here as well. :)
I'm really happy how this turned out.

After seeing Owen's MOS repaint, I got another HT MOS awhile back but put it in the backburner.
After getting the Sideshow MOS PF which has an amazing suit, I was inspired to finally repaint the suit.
I used the previous head with the darkened hair.
other mods include repaint of the belt, gauntlets, plastic collar cape holder, Corrose's MOS decal for stand, and Tony Meis cape.

Last edited:
I like it. I need it.

Thanks buddy. :)

WOA! GREAT PICS MAN!
What kind of paints or brand did you use to avoid peeling?

Congratulations!!!

Thanks man.
I basically followed Owen's formula except I used a brush instead of airbrush.
The paint adhered to the suit really well so it turned out well.

Here's what I used

I first used a surfacer black, mixed with thinner.
Painted the suit, then let it dry for a couple of hours.

then I used this Gaia 044 clear blue, mixed with thinner...then put a little EX-07 Silver in it.

Paint thinner

For the belt, I used vallejo acrylic "brass" color.

Back