MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started doing a repaint of the hair on Supes. It looks nearly black on film and after talking with Remy and seeing some pics, I was convinced this would look better. So far it's not too bad, but I haven't reached the super small areas yet. I'm a little nervous about those.
Start at the hairline and work around that. After the first few MM of hairline is done, the rest is just filling in work.

Makes sense. Thanks for the tip.

No worries.
I did the same thing with a HT bootleg when i did the custom with the kiss curl. It needed painting to tie it together. You only need to be careful with the hairline.

F054A071-E60D-44B0-8A91-3CF0430C9E80.jpg

No worries.
I did the same thing with a HT bootleg when i did the custom with the kiss curl. It needed painting to tie it together. You only need to be careful with the hairline.

F054A071-E60D-44B0-8A91-3CF0430C9E80.jpg

I always liked this project when you put up pics of it. I still need to PM you as I'm still working on lighting my HT Reeve base.

Thanks for the tips. I'm happy with it. Now to fill up my superman area!

Sent while traveling through Hyperspace

All finished.
6asera6u.jpg

Nice work. :)

Did you paint the hair with full black or just apply a wash or something ?

Did you apply some varnish after the paint ?

I think his hair are not enough black too on mine, so maybe I'll mod that too.

Cheers. :)

Nice work. :)

Did you paint the hair with full black or just apply a wash or something ?

Did you apply some varnish after the paint ?

I think his hair are not enough black too on mine, so maybe I'll mod that too.

Cheers. :)

Black with a few drops of gloss for the shine effect.

Thanks for your advice.

Here's the result :

MoS-5.jpg

MoS-4.jpg

I think I'm done with this guy (except for the cape). I'll maybe put a little bit of varnish on the hair, they look not so black on the inside light. Also my dark blue is too bright on the outside light... :gah:

I definitly can't take decent pics with my phone... I have to practice a lot. :eek:

Remy's one looks very awesome btw.

Thanks for your advice.

Here's the result :

MoS-5.jpg

MoS-4.jpg

I think I'm done with this guy (except for the cape). I'll maybe put a little bit of varnish on the hair, they look not so black on the inside light. Also my dark blue is too bright on the outside light... :gah:

I definitly can't take decent pics with my phone... I have to practice a lot. :eek:

Remy's one looks very awesome btw.

Nice job. Looks like it came out great.

Just got my Tony Mei cape and man o man does it make a difference (especially after the collar mod).
20140529_204616.jpg
20140530_073814.jpg

Hey guys!
I've seen a lot of awesome customs and mods here. I really want to mod mine making my figure more accurate. So, for those experienced people who made color changes on the suit, what kind of paints do you recommend (brands and color names).
Thanks a lot for your help!!!:)

I found how to replace the cape with Tony Mei custom cape on YouTube, but didn't find the repaint tutorial of the suit, which is what I'm interested on :(. I need to know what kind of metallic paint they used to avoid peeling or other issues.

I'm new to the site,and I'm admiring all your mods to this figure.I'm contemplating doing the mod to the cape.Can anyone tell me the benefits of a Tony cape?
Thanks.

More accurate color
Better flowing look
Material more accurate
Drapes way better than stock cape
Looks friggin awesome!!!!

Back