Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 (July 14th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You simply do not look like the total nerd that you are....which I would say is a good thing because holy ***k! :lol
I look different in every photo lol

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0233.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_4997.jpeg

IMG_5975.png

IMG_5807.jpeg

Too much to unpack haha. Poltergeist I wasn’t allowed to see that at the cinema but my older sister got to go. I’ve seen a bunch of times and a couple of months ago showed it to my nine year old who was very keen to watch it and he really enjoyed it. I think that and Gremlins are the only remotely scary films he’s seen. He wants to watch Jaws, so that might be next.

Can't tell from the last few pages if this is still a Mission Impossible thread... but anyway just saw the movie and I thought it was fantastic. The story does drag a bit in the middle and the AI villain comes across a bit silly at times, but the action is phenomenal and this is the first action movie in a while that actually had me working up a sweat while watching it (and not just because it's freakin 110 outside).

Not sure how it would rank, as I haven't watched the other movies in a while, but it's definitely right up there.

Can't tell from the last few pages if this is still a Mission Impossible thread... but anyway just saw the movie and I thought it was fantastic. The story does drag a bit in the middle and the AI villain comes across a bit silly at times, but the action is phenomenal and this is the first action movie in a while that actually had me working up a sweat while watching it (and not just because it's freakin 110 outside).

Not sure how it would rank, as I haven't watched the other movies in a while, but it's definitely right up there.
I just saw it today and thought it was excellent - 8/10.

The only movies I've seen at the cinema this year: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, M3Gan, Super Mario Bros, Guardians Vol 3, and MI: Dead Reckoning Pt 1.

I'll see Oppenheimer in the next couple of weeks as well. I'm strongly considering Sisu and Napoleon, and will definitely see Dune 2. Other than those two, I'm struggling to find anything else worth going to the cinema for.

Last edited:
About the only real interest I have in this movie is that my niece works for a prop company and she helped to build a video wall for one of the sets.

I don't know, Variety seems to think it was a strong opening, and it opened bigger than Fallout and is doing even better worldwide. The only issue is (much like Flash and Indy 5) it was insanely expensive to make.

Thankfully this is an actual good movie so I doubt the studio is too worried about making back it's budget.

Domestic theatrical is NOT what it used to be.

It shouldn't even be used to gauge a movie anymore.
I remember hearing a while back that Hollywood studios still have a much higher profit margin on tickets sold domestically than overseas, not sure if that's still the case though.

Just watched the making of the big motorcycle jump, and it's really a shame the stunt doesn't come across nearly as harrowing and intense on screen as it does here. They put all these months of work into it, and then the obvious CG mountain (and his super smooth ride up a supposedly rocky surface) still makes the whole thing come across as fake or like something filmed in a studio parking lot. And the whole thing is over in a flash anyway.

They probably could have cut $20 million out of the budget right there. Lol

Back