MinMay's Holy Grail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 4 hours of assembling and moving things around, I have added a new Besta cabinet to better display Thor as well as adding more space and statues.

Here's the result.

img9534dt6.jpg

one question about the bestas if you don't mind.
When you add the glass door is there like a handle to open them. I have yet to see how its opened with them on ?.
Thanks !.

The aluminum glass door came with opener handle like the picture below. However, the long white glass door didn't come with one. I do recall seeing about 5-10 different door handles sold separately.

img9541yq6.jpg

one question about the bestas if you don't mind.
When you add the glass door is there like a handle to open them. I have yet to see how its opened with them on ?.
Thanks !.

great peices man, i have to get me a im. still wanting a blade/dracula also, it's really surprising that it's still available.
you know looking at your pics of your displays, i really think the blade dio's base needs some fixing up. i mean if you look at how detailed the base is it looks great, but when you stand back and look at the whole statue, a person can barely tell that it even has much detail.
it just looks to clean to me. sideshow should of did some more painting and put some signs of wear/petina on that baby.

great pieces man, congrats.

The aluminum glass door came with opener handle like the picture below. However, the long white glass door didn't come with one. I do recall seeing about 5-10 different door handles sold separately.

img9541yq6.jpg

awesome thanks man , much appreciated and congrats on the stuff once again.:D:rock

I agree with you that they should have painted the base with some coloring to bring out the detail of the Blade/Dracula diorama. Mine is still in the box. Yeah, it's still available at Sideshow - a low ES, lights, interchangeable weapon, detail, a MARVEL, etc - surprisingly it's still available. Don't worry, the next generation will pick it up :)

great peices man, i have to get me a im. still wanting a blade/dracula also, it's really surprising that it's still available.
you know looking at your pics of your displays, i really think the blade dio's base needs some fixing up. i mean if you look at how detailed the base is it looks great, but when you stand back and look at the whole statue, a person can barely tell that it even has much detail.
it just looks to clean to me. sideshow should of did some more painting and put some signs of wear/petina on that baby.

great pieces man, congrats.

After 4 hours of assembling and moving things around, I have added a new Besta cabinet to better display Thor as well as adding more space and statues.

Here's the result.

img9534dt6.jpg

Awesome doors MiniMay, did you get those from IKEA as well, I'm gonna get me a BESTA display and I was wondering what those doors are called, is there many versions of it as well?

I'm assuming u just adjusted the shelves to fit the new longer doors to display Thor PF correctly without the split of the older aluminum doors, correct?

Thanks! Yep, these are the BESTA display from IKEA.

The door is called BESTA VEGBY.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60103528

The size is 25 5/8 x 50 3/8.

The shelf was the biggest size

X X
X X
X X

Originally, I had the 6 aluminum located at each of the X. I just removed the bottom two X and replaced it with the VEGBY door. The shelf inside is adjustable to any height. I bought the glass shelf separately for $10 each.

I hope that helps...

Awesome doors MiniMay, did you get those from IKEA as well, I'm gonna get me a BESTA display and I was wondering what those doors are called, is there many versions of it as well?

I'm assuming u just adjusted the shelves to fit the new longer doors to display Thor PF correctly without the split of the older aluminum doors, correct?

Thanks! Yep, these are the BESTA display from IKEA.

The door is called BESTA VEGBY.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60103528

The size is 25 5/8 x 50 3/8.

The shelf was the biggest size

X X
X X
X X

Originally, I had the 6 aluminum located at each of the X. I just removed the bottom two X and replaced it with the VEGBY door. The shelf inside is adjustable to any height. I bought the glass shelf separately for $10 each.

I hope that helps...

Sweet man, thank you so much for that tid bit of information, it was really helpful, did you also get those glass shelves from IKEA as well? Hope you don't mind me asking all these ???

You're welcome. Yes, I bought the glass shelves at IKEA. The glass ones are holding the Faux Bronze Wolverine, Captain America, and Hulk. If you don't want to spend the glass ones, then it comes with wooden ones as default.

Sweet man, thank you so much for that tid bit of information, it was really helpful, did you also get those glass shelves from IKEA as well? Hope you don't mind me asking all these ???

Thanks for the comment guys! As I look at the new white glass door more these days, I'm beginning to love it. I wish I had purchased them from the beginning to put them all white glass door on the bottom row.

This guy has a nice collection and display. Especially that Dr. Doom.

Thanks for the comment Sam Whitemoon!

What do ya think about my placement? Do you think I should leave it as is? or should I start moving them around to make it look better?

Thanks to P1X4R once again as I added another statue to the collection today! He's an amazing collector and friend! If you ever need to buy anything from him, I highly recommend it.

Any comment is appreciated.

img0038yu5.jpg

This guy has a nice collection and display. Especially that Dr. Doom.

Thanks for the comment Sam Whitemoon!

What do ya think about my placement? Do you think I should leave it as is? or should I start moving them around to make it look better?

Thanks to P1X4R once again as I added another statue to the collection today! He's an amazing collector and friend! If you ever need to buy anything from him, I highly recommend it.

Any comment is appreciated.

I think your placement looks great as it is. Although it is nice to move them around in different spots to spice things up a bit once in awhile. I like to rotate my collectibles around to different areas for fun and to get a different view every few weeks.

But in the end most people wish they could have your display and collection.:monkey5

Back