Milla Jovovich head commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer this one too. How much to get it painted? Possible to have kuato to paint it?

248205Milla-Jovovich-Posters.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I prefer this one too. How much to get it painted? Possible to have kuato to paint it?

248205Milla-Jovovich-Posters.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard Oobah and Gwaark! Nice to have you join us here on SSF!

While there a lot of painters for you to choose from here at SSF, I'll talk to Chris and see if he has a preference and a hook-up with one he can get for us! :)
-Rick :)

Welcome aboard Oobah and Gwaark! Nice to have you join us here on SSF!

While there a lot of painters for you to choose from here at SSF, I'll talk to Chris and see if he has a preference and a hook-up with one he can get for us! :)
-Rick :)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Chris H. can get Kuato (Chris C.) to paint them up for us! Is that any possiblility? I would go for RE1 or an Extinction Milla, with sculpted hair. Sorry, but I haven't read through the thread, how are we doing on getting one done by the talented Mr. Howes?

Last edited:
I would go for RE1 or an Extinction Milla, with sculpted hair. Sorry, but I haven't read through the thread, how are we doing on getting one done by the talented Mr. Howes?

The bald one is being done for sure, and we are collecting pre-payments on it to get her started. We are now deciding what reference should be used for her, and the RE1 pic from a page back seems to be winning.

The second head version with highest votes to be made seems to be the RE1 Milla with sculpted hair, so who knows, if enough people continue to put their 2 cents in, maybe he'll do both? :banana:banana

Ideally, we want at least 10 people signed up a head, and we are almost there for the RE1 Milla now! If we reach it we'll start pre-payments. :chew

Also, Chris has a nice interview over at Figures.com that got put up today. Make sure to check it out!!!

Hello everyone.

I have been a member for a few weeks now, but have been most lurking aournd. Until Rick here started this project, which I have been searching high and low for a Milla Jovovich head.

Thank you for sculpting such great head Rick. I would be interested in a Resident Evil verison of theis head. You can put me down for one.

Eric.

Hello everyone.

I have been a member for a few weeks now, but have been most lurking aournd. Until Rick here started this project, which I have been searching high and low for a Milla Jovovich head.

Thank you for sculpting such great head Rick. I would be interested in a Resident Evil verison of theis head. You can put me down for one.

Eric.

Hi Eric,
Awesome!

Welcome to SSF and thanks for dropping by here!

I had been looking everywhere for a good Milla as well. Wanting to get Chris to sculpt her was a no-brainer (I just organized this!). He's done Robert Downey Jr and the Dark Knight set (shown in the first post) previously, and is now doing Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles heads as well!

Thanks for hopping aboard! You won't be sorry!

the christian bale looks nuts on page 1, but he doesnt have blue eyes, they're brown

Actually they are Hazel like Bale's eyes (huge fan of Bale), but the pic might have distorted the color a bit,

Rick has kindly contacted me about the matter of having a part in this group commission as the painter for those of you who would want a painted sculpt :), As many of you know I'm already booked for Chris Howe's Dark KNight sculpts and the Summer Glau sculpts coming up from Chris as well, but I would definately like to be a part of this sculpt as well, Chris is doing the sculpt after all :joy. Once a list is put together on how many of you would like yours painted I can get a better idea of time frame of completion and a quote for the painting :). More than likely price would be the same as the Summer Glau paintwork price.

Do the * on the bald list mean those are the peolpe who have paid?:(

'Fraid so. But don't be discouraged. Look at all of the new people who found this thread just this week--- enough to bump the RE1 with hair right in front of the finish line of ten people needed to get that one made as well.

I'd like to think we are weeks away from getting enough pre-payments together rather than months.
Back with more news in a few days... :)

Two quick questions.

1. How much extra will it cost to get the sculpts painted cause I'd definitly want a painted one instead.

2. On the subject of sculpted hair, will there literally be whole new head sculpts made just to add hair (ie a Violet HS, a Leeloo HS etc) or will it be like what someone mentioned before and have this original Milla/Alice head sculpt but have individual and interchangable sculpted hair pieces that fit on the head like a hat.

2. On the subject of sculpted hair, will there literally be whole new head sculpts made just to add hair (ie a Violet HS, a Leeloo HS etc) or will it be like what someone mentioned before and have this original Milla/Alice head sculpt but have individual and interchangable sculpted hair pieces that fit on the head like a hat.

Assuming there are enough folks interested to make each version possible I'll likely mold a new headsculpt with specific hair and maybe different expression for each version.

That way, each head would come with it's own hair and expression as part of the casting. So each head becomes a unique creation and it keeps the per head cost down for everyone. Removable hair would increase the cost significantly. Different kind of more labor intensive molding would be involved, plus each head would require 2 separate casting operations. Plus fitting each would likely require a bit of hand work. All these things increase cost.

Last edited:
I won't venture to guess why she would do this. No sculptor I know, and certainly no sculptor who I trained or ever worked for me would think they could create an accurate sculpt using one piece of reference. (If they would have tried they would have had to face my wrath!)

It's like drawing. You can draw easily from a single view. Both are 2D flat views. But to sculpt is a different matter. You have to take many views and synthesize a unified whole. I use DOZENS upon DOZENS of shots at as many angles as I can find. I can fill up huge hard drives with reference material! It's hard work, mentally. But it's the only way. Unless you intend to view your sculpt from only one angle!

It's a noodle scratcher!

It might be true that she works from 1 reference, I bought the Jack O'Neill sculpt from her and although on her website its a dead on match front view (and dead on in hand) its ever so slightly off imho opinion in the other views. I also understand that you need to try and amalgamate your reference images somtimes to get an overall view mentally for that to translate into the sculpt.

Im only working on some armour pieces atm and have quite a bit of reference material on it, but Ive had to rework parts a few times as were they are all are supposed to align perfectly in different spots invariably they dont, so a subtle tweak here and there to make the jigsaw fit is hopefully gonna be worth it in the end, and Im struggling with armour which Ive no doubt is 10 times easier to do that than organic or facial / headsculpt matching. So 1 reference for her on headsculpts sounds odd but right

WS Toupee,
I just wanted to check with you make sure I'm on the list for either the Milla RE1 or RE Extinction, depending how many you have signed up. My preference is for the Extinction Milla, but Alice from RE1 will do. Thanks!

WS Toupee,
I just wanted to check with you make sure I'm on the list for either the Milla RE1 or RE Extinction, depending how many you have signed up. My preference is for the Extinction Milla, but Alice from RE1 will do. Thanks!

The list is on Page one, post #2 and I update it all the time and mark payments on there, so feel free to check to make sure I have everyone listed properly.

Back