MILITARIES OF STAR WARS announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Re: MILITARY OF SW announced!

I'm all about this. I love my Clones and Stormies. I'll also be getting Medicoms I think. Then I'll buy a SS base to go with it.

Imagine what the response would have been if we didn't already know that the Endor rebels were kicking off the line. People would be salivating over clones for a week.

tomandshell said:
Imagine what the response would have been if we didn't already know that the Endor rebels were kicking off the line. People would be salivating over clones for a week.

Maybe that's why they released this news thru SWI.

I will most likely pick up a stormtrooper and clonetrooper (but probably not too many variants of either -- maybe a sandtrooper and biker scout), but I still don't feel the love for the Endor Rebels. If I wanted to build toy armies to play with, there's no way I could justify $60 per figure on them.

:huh

I wish we had an annoucement besides the Endor Rebel Troopers, but I'm glad they offically announced the line. Now send in the clones!

I know most people have a hang up for Clones and Boba who's. Come on! Bring on the Stormtroopers. Fett was killed off quickly. both him and his snotty little "yup" of a son. Stormtroopers on the other hand are the real deal. Why are the stupid Fetts so popular. Is it because everyone else thinks so? I think it is.

2 Stormtroopers
2 Royal Guard
1 Biker Scout

Grand Moff Tarkin
Admiral Piett
Gen. Veers
Admiral Akbar
"Maybe" Gen. Madine.

BadMoon said:
I know most people have a hang up for Clones and Boba who's. Come on! Bring on the Stormtroopers. Fett was killed off quickly. both him and his snotty little "yup" of a son. Stormtroopers on the other hand are the real deal. Why are the stupid Fetts so popular. Is it because
everyone else thinks so? I think it is.

gar_troopers.jpg

:emperor

Man you must not have grown up in the 80's. The very sight of that makes me sick. And it is Lucas's fault. Think about it. Clones were in the prequel. They would have evolved as well. The clones were not better they were just re-written. Sorry! I know the truth hurts.

BadMoon said:
Man you must not have grown up in the 80's. The very sight of that makes me sick. And it is Lucas's fault. Think about it. Clones were in the prequel. They would have evolved as well. The clones were not better they were just re-written. Sorry! I know the truth hurts.

Dude, I was born in 1972, was a perfect 5 years old when ANH came out and have been a SW fan ever since. I prefer the OT as well, but Clones are cool... and that shirt is just plain funny. :eek:

IrishJedi said:

When we get our Stormtroopers, I'm praying that the inclusive comes with an ewok. I so want some ewoks!! The comedy possibilites on the shelf are virtually limitless!!! I'd pose one standing in front of my Jabba. I'd put another one in a spare jedi robe and give him a lightsaber. Maybe a third to hump Han's leg, or put on a Jason mask....

I wonder how many military figures will be released in any given line. We already know that their will be 3 next year. I think I can handle all of this but theres alot of stuff coming at one time.

This whole scenario reminds me of what Michael said to Carlo "ohh what a game you played with my sister, Carlo":lol

SS gets leaked by SWI again, pre-announces the Military line, announce it in the newsletter, and then turn around and offer a Medicom Clone up for sale! Man! What a twisted game you've played with us SS! :rotfl :lol

I was born after the OT films were made, but I definitely prefer the OT military over any PT military. The OT armor is just more visually appealing to me. It probably has partly to do with the annoyingly fake CGI done in the PT. At least actual models and costumes were made for all the characters in the OT.

Ya'know...something just occured to me (and forgive me if this has been mentioned already)...but all of this ajada over the Endor Rebel Troopers kicking off the Military line....may not be right! Especially after reading the announcement for the line...

....I think the more appropraite line for the Endor Rebel Troopers might be...

"Heroes of the Rebellion" ...not "Militaries of Star Wars"

thoughts?

Back