Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game does look to be a lot of fun. I have it and the season pass coming from Amazon. I also have the app on my ipad and am supposed to get a couple of runes from that.

Nope. I'll probably get it on the One. I have no idea when I'll get it though as I'm cutting down on game purchases, and I have Alien: Isolation on order and it's taking a higher priority right now (I may cancel it depending on how reviews are. I'm not making the mistake I did with Colonial Marines even though I had some guilty pleasure in playing it).

I'm pretty amazed by this. The game has had like zero marketing for it. I haven't seen any ads or anything online or TV. No one has even really talked much about it until the last week or so. I mean yeah there were articles from E3 and other stuff but not like most games. Then all the reviews come out and say the game is amazing. I wasn't sure if I would pick it up but I may very well have to now. I'm pretty bored with Destiny as it is. My only dilemma is that there are so many games coming out this month. There's this, Alien Isolation, Sunset Overdrive, and Evil Within. Then November has CoD (yes, I'm as bored with the series as everyone else but I've played every release since the first and will continue to do so), Assassins Creed, and Farcry 4. I may have to save some for Christmas gifts. Debating whether this should be one.

All the sites agree that the Main Campaign is dull/bad .. but gameplay is fun

Apparently doesn't matter. DESTINY'S campaign is beyond pathetic, and this game is still better.
It's probably more fun to run around the open world anyway, that's why it's still getting high reviews.

It's getting 8 and 9 out 10's across the board.
I'm getting 100%

Apparently doesn't matter. DESTINY'S campaign is beyond pathetic, and this game is still better.
It's probably more fun to run around the open world anyway, that's why it's still getting high reviews.

It's getting 8 and 9 out 10's across the board.
I'm getting 100%

Agreed; leaning toward a purchase on this one. Update: forgot already ordered via Amazon - arrives Tues and fine by me!!!

Last edited:
Everything about this looks fun. I do have to bite my tongue a bit with some lore issues that bother me but I'm still looking forward to running around Mordor. This is going to be a game I try to get all the trophies for.

Everything about this looks fun. I do have to bite my tongue a bit with some lore issues that bother me but I'm still looking forward to running around Mordor. This is going to be a game I try to get all the trophies for.

i bet you are the only board member that has read The Silmarillion at least twice and counting.....!

PS I looked up the spelling on Amazon. They have 24 books all related to middle earth........! All but one or two seem legit. Josh, just curious: how many of those have you read?

i bet you are the only board member that has read The Silmarillion at least twice and counting.....!

PS I looked up the spelling on Amazon. They have 24 books all related to middle earth........! All but one or two seem legit. Josh, just curious: how many of those have you read?

Actually, I've only read the Sil once. It's a tough read to be honest. Well, I'd say the first half of it is anyways.

I'd have to go check the list to be honest. I'll do that soon and let ya know. I've read most of the main books by Tolkien himself and then various other books on Middle-earth itself.

Finally got a legendary weapon from playing in the crucible. Sadly it was just a hand cannon. :lol

Actually, I've only read the Sil once. It's a tough read to be honest. Well, I'd say the first half of it is anyways.

I'd have to go check the list to be honest. I'll do that soon and let ya know. I've read most of the main books by Tolkien himself and then various other books on Middle-earth itself.

ok cool. and definitely heard that book is a rough read at times

My mother and sister are big Tolkien fans so they have the paperback editions from the 60's and 70's. I will concur the Silmarillion is a tough read but I found it easier to jump back and forth in the book to keep it fresh.

The reviews for this game are great and as a fan of Orcs and Uruk-hai I love the design of the characters. This might be the reason I was looking for to buy a PS4.

I can't think of a funny joke for this.

I know. :( :lol

ok cool. and definitely heard that book is a rough read at times

It is. It's a great book but a tough read.

My mother and sister are big Tolkien fans so they have the paperback editions from the 60's and 70's. I will concur the Silmarillion is a tough read but I found it easier to jump back and forth in the book to keep it fresh.

The reviews for this game are great and as a fan of Orcs and Uruk-hai I love the design of the characters. This might be the reason I was looking for to buy a PS4.

I may in the future skip around to soften the rough parts.

Finally got a legendary weapon from playing in the crucible. Sadly it was just a hand cannon. :lol

My first legendary weapon was a hand cannon too...soooo lame lol. My second was a sniper, and my third was ANOTHER sniper with the same "energy power"...damn you destiny

My first legendary weapon was a hand cannon too...soooo lame lol. My second was a sniper, and my third was ANOTHER sniper with the same "energy power"...damn you destiny

I'd have been happy with a sniper. Id really like to get a pulse, auto, or scout. Something I feel I can do real damage with in MP.

Back